Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Begin

One question is what will the Bears do with Marquess Wilson. It has been 4 weeks since he had surgery.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
that's one of the biggest questions for me. depends on how many wrs we keep. do we keep williams at all? if i had to pick today, i'd say

WR: BM, AJ, Holmes, Morgan, Bellamy, Wilson. Maybe Williams as a PR/KR, but most likely he gets cut. Same for Spurlock, the rest of the wrs. Not sure who is PS eligible with these wrs.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Chris Williams has speed, can't coach that and he showed some burst in the few returns he had. The Bears held out Spurlock today, an interesting decision. I do think Bellamy makes the practice squad. If they hang on to Wilson it is most likely because they are keeping 7 WRs to start the season. That is tough.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Williams doesn't impress me as a receiver. And his skill set as a returner can be replicated by Holmes who is a better receiver. Williams is gone. Too good though to stick on PS though. Honestly, the Browns might sign him.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Would really have liked to see Sinorice Perry get kicked too to see what he could do in the return game. Williams has speed but doesn't seem fluid in change of direction needing to slow down too much on cuts. Hester was amazing at maintaining speed when cutting and that's where he broke so many returns.

james sanders

DE/OLB
Liked Posts:
Williams doesn't impress me as a receiver. And his skill set as a returner can be replicated by Holmes who is a better receiver. Williams is gone. Too good though to stick on PS though. Honestly, the Browns might sign him.

:gtfo:

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Would really have liked to see Sinorice Perry get kicked too to see what he could do in the return game. Williams has speed but doesn't seem fluid in change of direction needing to slow down too much on cuts. Hester was amazing at maintaining speed when cutting and that's where he broke so many returns.

I think he might make the roster over Draughn

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Well they gotta do 22 in less than 48 hours. Would imagine they start rolling out by noon tmr.

Bearnakdd

Liked Posts:
Williams makes it, Holmes is 30 and there is no way he would be our full time return guy.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats

I like what Holmes showed on that touchdown and his return, but I am not going tto hang my hat on him. I'd rather keep Marshall, Jeffrey, Wilson, Williams, and hold on to both Morgan and Holmes for now. When Wilson gets back, either Holmes or Morgan gets the ax.

I mean if you cut Williams, then we are relying on a 30 year old who hasnt been worth much for the past five years as our returner.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Begin

One question is what will the Bears do with Marquess Wilson. It has been 4 weeks since he had surgery.
Markez Wilson will be on IR all year 2014. Chris Williams will make the 53. Next question.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I don't know how much it affects cuts, but you can't count on Marquess Wilson coming back as your #3 in Week 9 or whatever.

This is a guy who's caught like three lifetime passes for 16 yards. I think/hope he turns out well, but it's far from a guarantee. Probably best to assume he's not going to immediately jump into that role to be safe.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I don't know how much it affects cuts, but you can't count on Marquess Wilson coming back as your #3 in Week 9 or whatever.

This is a guy who's caught like three lifetime passes for 16 yards. I think/hope he turns out well, but it's far from a guarantee. Probably best to assume he's not going to immediately jump into that role to be safe.

Listen to Toast. He was listening.

Bufo+marinus+cane+toad.jpg

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

He is just 21 years old and has displayed his skills during training camp and is another huge target. He can add another weapon as the playoffs near.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Considering that we never throw to our 4th, 5th or 6th receiver, Wilson will be kept. He can pay dividends in the second half of the year.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Chris Williams has speed, can't coach that and he showed some burst in the few returns he had. The Bears held out Spurlock today, an interesting decision. I do think Bellamy makes the practice squad. If they hang on to Wilson it is most likely because they are keeping 7 WRs to start the season. That is tough.

I just can't see them keeping 7 WR's and 3 QB's.

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

funny...as at the end of the game I was saying the Brown could be a landing spot for WR (s) we cut...

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Fales gets cut and is signed to the PS....

I'd like to see Sinorise Perry have a crack as our KR.......Holmes can do PR.....Not sure that Chris Williams is large enough or durable for the NFL....?! Hope he proves me wrong.

I think Conte gets cut late. concussion issues.