One interesting thing about defensive performance in preseason

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I read an article that the Bears have been lining up the D line in even techniques this preseason for physicality purposes. But the said that in practice, they are running odd techniques because it is more effective for our players.

Tucker might be holding out our pash rush. True story.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I read an article that the Bears have been lining up the D line in even techniques this preseason for physicality purposes. But the said that in practice, they are running odd techniques because it is more effective for our players.

If that is so, then this was a pretty good prank.

And I recall reading something about how we put our DBs in difficult situations to see what they can do. It makes a little sense for bubble players, but I really wish we put more effort into gameplanning and calling defensive plays for the starters.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
but nobody is worried about our D line, its the shit Lbers and secondary that looks like shitty shit

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We really have an unbelievably great defense, so there is no reason to practice. Tucker is so good, that he knows how to make our defense look bad in preseason games, so we take the Bills totally by surprise in week one. Then we show our real stuff.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:

Are you kidding me???

I've been writing this on this board for weeks now.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
Houston, Allen, Young and Scott look pretty impressive getting after the QB

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Lining up DLinemen in even tech's is a method to stop the run game.

An even tech implies a 2-gap D. This puts the onus on the LB's to stuff the rush and shoot gaps to get pressure ont he QB.

Tucker did it last year as well when you watch the All-22.

This isn't him holding back the D. This is him not being able to call a D.

Tucker is crap.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
but nobody is worried about our D line, its the shit Lbers and secondary that looks like shitty shit

Our starting Dline had 21 sacks last year(in 2013).

Our starting Dline had 29 sacks (in 2012) last year.

People who think we upgraded don't know stats or football.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If that is so, then this was a pretty good prank.

And I recall reading something about how we put our DBs in difficult situations to see what they can do. It makes a little sense for bubble players, but I really wish we put more effort into gameplanning and calling defensive plays for the starters.

In preseason? Why?

During scrimmage, you put your players in a position to fail and try to expose their weaknesses so you can avoid doing it during the regular season. Its an opportunity to learn about your players in live action that doesn't count against the record.

What good would gameplanning to hide weaknesses be? The point of gamplanning is to try and only put players in a position to succeed. You would be defeating the purpose of preseason.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
And they have how many sacks so far??

ZERO to a half...

because the receivers are sitting comfy with nobody within 5 yards of them, if our secondary could cover someone maybe there'd be some sacks

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We really have an unbelievably great defense, so there is no reason to practice. Tucker is so good, that he knows how to make our defense look bad in preseason games, so we take the Bills totally by surprise in week one. Then we show our real stuff.

Isn't practice where you want to expose weaknesses to learn where those pressure points are? I don't know if thats what Tucker is doing or not. But it makes a lot of sense that you would put players in situations you never would in a real game.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
because the receivers are sitting comfy with nobody within 5 yards of them, if our secondary could cover someone maybe there'd be some sacks

So our starting Dline isn't getting to the QB's because of the DB's...

Wow.The excuses are piling up....

Holy cow is this the dumbest post ever or what.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Isn't practice where you want to expose weaknesses to learn where those pressure points are? I don't know if thats what Tucker is doing or not. But it makes a lot of sense that you would put players in situations you never would in a real game.

No doubt about it. Here we are with open competition for several positions on the field, and we're going to turn it into a fiasco? I really doubt it. Hey, I hope there is truth to this, but it is a bit weird to even try to believe it.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
So our starting Dline isn't getting to the QB's because of the DB's...

Wow.The excuses are piling up....

Holy cow is this the dumbest post ever or what.

they're getting pressure consistently theyre just not finishing.

I stand by what I said, if our secondary could keep tighter coverage for like a split second some of those pressures would turn into sacks

recievers are sitting in gaping holes in coverage with nobody near them, consistently. Thats what I see

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
they're getting pressure consistently theyre just not finishing.

I stand by what I said, if our secondary could keep tighter coverage for like a split second some of those pressures would turn into sacks

recievers are sitting in gaping holes in coverage with nobody near them, consistently. Thats what I see

You are the most uneducated person to ever post on here.

You are actually blaming the dline impotence on the db's...

You really have no idea how football is played, do you?

Not being mean.. You just don't know that it all starts up front...

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No doubt about it. Here we are with open competition for several positions on the field, and we're going to turn it into a fiasco? I really doubt it. Hey, I hope there is truth to this, but it is a bit weird to even try to believe it.

You protect players from situations they can't handle in real games. Thats half of what a gameplan is.

In practice, you take the protection away and ask them to rise to the challenge. I don't know what the OP is on about with how the DL is lining up specifically. But in general, I don't see what is so weird about the idea of testing the limits of your players during scrimmage. How else are you supposed to learn their weaknesses without consequences?

Again, not saying that Tucker is gonna be good. Just sayin preseason is preseason.