Releases Players to Keep and Eye On

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Ok, cuts are coming.

Let's start listing guys to keep an eye on. Keep in mind, if you claim the player, you claim the contract too.

Pat Angerer (ATL) - perhaps ST guy?

Benjarvis Green-Ellis (CIN) - could be a very interesting veteran backup for Forte

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Ah shit, I hit the S and not the D - should say 'Released Players'

and not to mention that all the other teams with a worse record than the Bears last year have claim to these waiver wire players PRIOR to the Bears.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'll be keeping and eyeing

Trump32

Liked Posts:
Marc Mariani looks fast as hell, and has experienced some success as a returner.

Source: Madden 2013

chitownbears88

CSS Resident Curtis Enis
Liked Posts:
Has Luke Kuechly been released yet? What about that bum Earl Thomas. Wouldn't mind taking a flyer on either.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Green Ellis might still be able to be a plus back.

The situation is that Bengals first and second string backs are better than good and his salary is probably higher than both of them. He gone.

Is he better than Draughns? More ready than Perry? Can he be had for vet minimum. Only questions that really matter with him

chitownbears88

CSS Resident Curtis Enis
Liked Posts:
Green Ellis might still be able to be a plus back.

The situation is that Bengals first and second string backs are better than good and his salary is probably higher than both of them. He gone.

Is he better than Draughns? More ready than Perry? Can he be had for vet minimum. Only questions that really matter with him

I never want to see another plodding RB on this roster. Waste of a spot.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
No to all of them

Why?

This isn't meatball 'sign him' crap, but based on the fact that this team has very specific needs at backup TE, special teams and relatively proven back up RB, it's all open.

Team do it every single year.

Based on the horrific state of the Bears' ST, there WILL be a player that is released by tomorrow that will be on the Bears' roster playing ST.

Hell, they worked out 4 long snappers today. The new long snapper had another bad snap on a FG last night.

OnemanWolfpack

Liked Posts:
Chester Taylor, Marion Barber, Michael Bush, BGE. Guess what it doesnt fucking work. Green Ellis offers zero upside, he isnt a great receiver, his short yardage numbers arent that great, and he isnt very fast. Bears need to comb the scrap heap at LB, SS, FS, TE above all else. Im really hoping Housler gets cut from AZ

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
One glaring need the Bears are clearly looking for is long snapper.

ST is a mess and the worked out 4 guys TODAY? AFTER the preseason is over? Mark my words, someone released today will be long snapping for the Bears this season.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
If Luke Kuechly, Justin Houston and London Fletcher get cut, we should probably sign them. Are any of them practice squad eligible?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yawin Smallwood got released by the Falcons. I know a lot of people on here were wanting us to draft him.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I never want to see another plodding RB on this roster. Waste of a spot.

I will concede this as Perry/Carey would both help on special teams which can't be overlooked. I hope we abondon Draughns and go with those two, would be exciting.

Draugns reminds me of a plodding receiving. He is steady thoguh.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I thought draugn looked good last night

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought draugn looked good last night

I agree ole!! I thought he did well in each game and earned a spot, I would keep 4 RB's personally, because I don't let Perry get away from us and he tackles on special teams so its a good retainer with some return value as well. He seems to have an explosive nature about him.

But I am totally on the don't care fence about Draughns, he does what is asked and does it pretty well.

Other than the 15 yard catch that was pretty and should have seeled the team make, I thought last night was his worst game because he had the third string line in front of him against Mingo and some other 1st stringers.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Would anyone else like to see Logan in the wildcat?

CubbyBear2290

Graham Dougie=UNBEATABLE!
Liked Posts:
Duke Ihenacho was released. He interests me. How do you guys feel about him? Appeared in 15 and started 14 games as a SS. So me thinks totally worth a look from the Bears given how bad the safety play has been.