FIBA World Cup Game thread 2014[Now Finals]

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
apparently Mirotic wants to play for Spain, not Montenegro, and he can't because you are only allowed one naturalized citizen and Ikaka is from Africa.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
apparently Mirotic wants to play for Spain, not Montenegro, and he can't because you are only allowed one naturalized citizen and Ikaka is from Africa.
Well I don't blame him...Spain is a heck of a lot better than Montenegro.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
WC2014: NZ vs USA Tuesday 10:30AM

No former Bulls on the NZ roster.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe Rose will score more than 2 points this time

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Team's playing much better today. Rose not looking too bad either.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wonder what Kyrie is trying to prove with all the one on one he seems to be playing...

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rose starting the 2nd half

He also seems to have forgotten how to shoot free throws

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL. 3pts

I think Rose just forgot how to play offense. But his defense is MUCH improved.
It's the small victories...

He had some good looks, a few of them just didn't fall. He looked much better than the Turkey game for sure. What will be more interesting is how he handles the 3 games in 3 days. His defense definitely looks rock solid though. Maybe a lockdown guy at FIBA level...at least a very good defender. Interested to see how that will translate over to the NBA season.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
LOL. 3pts

His role is not to score. That is Harden, Curry, & Davis' jobs. Rose is strictly there to run the point and be agressive on D. When he has opportunities, he will take them but it has been stated since Day 1 that he will be a facillitator for this team. Irving needs to take some pointers from him because he's constantly going 1-on-1 right now which has lead to slow starts for the team so far in the tourney.

What everyone is seeing now with him is rust from not playing for so long. If anything he's playing TOO fast, which should scare the shit out of the league because once he gets his timing down, he's going to be back to elite status in no time.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
His role is not to score. That is Harden, Curry, & Davis' jobs.
Other than today, Curry hasn't really done a good job of scoring lol. I think he was actually shooting worse than Rose which was surprising. I don't expect that to continue for either player.

Rose is strictly there to run the point and be agressive on D. When he has opportunities, he will take them but it has been stated since Day 1 that he will be a facillitator for this team. Irving needs to take some pointers from him because he's constantly going 1-on-1 right now which has lead to slow starts for the team so far in the tourney.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's seen this...Kyrie is being a bit of a ball hog imo.

What everyone is seeing now with him is rust from not playing for so long. If anything he's playing TOO fast, which should scare the shit out of the league because once he gets his timing down, he's going to be back to elite status in no time.
Here's hoping :bullbang:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
FWIW, Rose has had a higher +/- than Kyrie in 2 of the 3 games with the one game being the Turkey game where he sucked. I think this has more to do with Kyrie's iso everything attitude moreso than Rose playing better, but it is worthy to note. May result in Rose being put back in the starting lineup and Kyrie being allowed to be the gunner of the bench. :dunno:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can see how Rose makes basketball simple for everyone else. He stresses the point of attack as much as anyone, he has speed to put the fear of God in opponents. It takes 2-3 guys to stop ball and keep him from scoring. If you leave him a small window he goes by you and either finishes or sets up collapsing forwards. His size and leaping makes him an interesting threat in the lane on offense, and formiddable when he wants to be on defense against PG's.

Rose is back, just needs to shake off offensive rust and finishing at the rim, could take all season.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
also Rose started, something Coach K apparently wants to continue to do in picked spots, with Kyrie the slight starter right now because of Rose's current bball fitness.

merrilldec14

Liked Posts:
A Long Long Season coming up

Doesn't look like the Rose of a few years ago even exists anymore....can you say Penny Hardaway? My prediction is 40-45 wins (hope I'm wrong.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I'm not even worried. He's going to experiment and use this opportunity as part of his rehab. That's all it is.

But it's kind of funny to see Rose get the Hinrich(or for the bad-weather(opposed to fair weather) critics, Heinrich) treatment.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
LOL. 3pts

Improved defense? Looks the same to me. He's always moved his feet well, but he doesn't use his hands or body well and gives away too much space.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
His role is not to score. That is Harden, Curry, & Davis' jobs. Rose is strictly there to run the point and be agressive on D. When he has opportunities, he will take them but it has been stated since Day 1 that he will be a facillitator for this team. Irving needs to take some pointers from him because he's constantly going 1-on-1 right now which has lead to slow starts for the team so far in the tourney.

I noticed this too. Rose is a blur, which is normally a good thing unless you're out of sync with your teammates. They seem to be having trouble anticipating his moves and picking up passes from him. Harden is the exact opposite though... slow as fuck bringing the ball up the court. Then he stands there and dribbles for about three seconds before he does anything.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
FWIW, Rose has had a higher +/- than Kyrie in 2 of the 3 games with the one game being the Turkey game where he sucked. I think this has more to do with Kyrie's iso everything attitude moreso than Rose playing better, but it is worthy to note. May result in Rose being put back in the starting lineup and Kyrie being allowed to be the gunner of the bench. :dunno:

I disagree. I think Kyrie has been their best PG so far. He plays with control and is in sync with the starters. He's not overly aggressive, but he knows when to turn on the jets and push the ball.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
WC2014: DR vs USA Wed 2:30PM

Francisco Garcia's Dominican Republic vs USA.

Best team we're facing so far, IMO.