CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Does this forum have an ignore option? I'm considering my first ignore.
Yeah. It does. Feel free to use it. You still haven't answered who the second TOR is the Cubs are going to sign, yet Castro's contract is too much.

Papa Wheelie

Liked Posts:
It's an odd combination that someone slurping greater than Captain Obvious is also a Castro hater.

Listen, I'm not a Castro hater. I just wish he'd fix the mental mistakes. If so, I think he can be great. If he can't, I believe his offensive production, as well as his salary, that the Cubs could use him in a trade to land another great pitcher. Of course it will be highly dependent on Russel's development. That's my opinion, get over it. Thank you.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Dubront looking pretty good here... scattered some hits but not any big ones.. not a bad pick up for a PTBNL.

Cubs are going to have some interesting decision to make with rotation this off season, especially with wood and Jackson.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Ah. So now the argument has changed. First it was Castro going to third. Now it's about style points.

I never once complained about him going to 3rd. No mistake there.

The mistake is that he looked back to see the ball, like a child does..

You can continue to argue with everyone on this board, but you are dead wrong. There is a reason everyone is telling you that.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It took a perfect relay to get him and it was debatable if he was out. He would be safe more often then not. People are just bitching to bitch.

Castro goes yard. I guess we dont have to talk about his baserunning this game. Dude is batting over .370 in August.

He did not make a mistake to go. But major leaguers don't look back when running from 2nd to 3rd.

Papa Wheelie

Liked Posts:
What happened on Castro being thrown out? I'm not trying to beat a dead horse. I actually don't get FSN where I am for some reason.

Papa Wheelie

Liked Posts:
Cubs win! Is anyone else enjoying these beatings over St Louis as much as me? What's everyone think of the job Renteria is doing? He's quietly doing a good job, imo.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Cubs win! Is anyone else enjoying these beatings over St Louis as much as me? What's everyone think of the job Renteria is doing? He's quietly doing a good job, imo.
He Probably wont but if this team gets 70+ wins, which they should. RR should get a few manager of year votes.

He made some head scratches decision but overall he kept a young disfunction team playing hard and together all year.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I never once complained about him going to 3rd. No mistake there.
Well it's a good thing I didn't quote you.

The mistake is that he looked back to see the ball, like a child does..
Hmmm. I don't see you posting about how Peralta was turning around at 3B as he was rounding it trying to find the ball. Yes. It seems simple. Pros are used to running on their own that while it isn't optimal, picking up 3B coach sometimes isn't as automatic as it should be. It's a nitpick that's silly.

You can continue to argue with everyone on this board, but you are dead wrong. There is a reason everyone is telling you that.
Let me know when 2 people = everyone. The forum got a lot smaller.

Papa Wheelie

Liked Posts:
He Probably wont but if this team gets 70+ wins, which they should. RR should get a few manager of year votes.

He made some head scratches decision but overall he kept a young disfunction team playing hard and together all year.

61 wins with 27 games to go. Shoot, 500 ball the rest of the way puts them at 74 or 75 wins. I'd love to see the Cubs push close to 80 wins. I bet that would open some eyes. Especially, some free agent pitchers. :D

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Outside of the beginning of the year with all the platooning, he's done a really nice job keeping the players in the game. He's turned out to be better than I expected after observing the first month or so.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
61 wins with 27 games to go. Shoot, 500 ball the rest of the way puts them at 74 or 75 wins. I'd love to see the Cubs push close to 80 wins. I bet that would open some eyes. Especially, some free agent pitchers. :D
Those FA pitcher eyes are already open. Just don't tell Brett05 that.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Outside of the beginning of the year with all the platooning, he's done a really nice job keeping the players in the game. He's turned out to be better than I expected after observing the first month or so.
Yea. That right there is a big key, when he stopped platooning.

I think it no coincidence that once Alcantara baez Coughlin Valbuena started settling into a position everyday and the lineup got consistent, they started hitting better as a team.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Renteria is bad. They win inspite of him

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He has a long way to go as an in game manager, but he seems to be a great motivator and teacher. I like his attitude and how awkward he is talking to pitchers on the mound. He has grown on me but he has to learn how manage the in game stuff better. He has made some bad moves.

As for Castro, he has hit over .380 in August and people are bitching that he turned to see where the ball was when a ton of major leaguers do it. Like I said, damn if you do, damn if you dont.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Renteria is bad. They win inspite of him
You can say that about all or most managers, that a team wins or lose in spite of them because of the talent level on the field.
But there more to managing an MLB team then making in game decisions, yes as a first year manager he made some questionable decisions.. like I said above, what he has been able to do with a young and disfunction team, keeping them together and playing hard every game is a positive on his behalf.

The questionable in game decisions can improve as he gains experience, but handling a 25 man roster and keeping them playing hard when expectations are low is something you can either do or or cant do.. he shown he can handle it well, and especially in a media frenzy city like chicago.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
You can say that about all or most managers, that a team wins or lose in spite of them because of the talent level on the field.
But there more to managing an MLB team then making in game decisions, yes as a first year manager he made some questionable decisions.. like I said above, what he has been able to do with a young and disfunction team, keeping them together and playing hard every game is a positive on his behalf.

The questionable in game decisions can improve as he gains experience, but handling a 25 man roster and keeping them playing hard when expectations are low is something you can either do or or cant do.. he shown he can handle it well, and especially in a media frenzy city like chicago.
Kids almost always play hard...if it was vets that'd be different. Sorry. I can't give him credit

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Im serious. The kids played well without him. What has he really done? He's a lower third manager. And im jealous as id love to have him over Robin
Game management is not his greatest skill. It's obvious that he has learned a few things. In the end it's like firing a hitting instructor because the players aren't hitting. The hitting instructor isn't the one taking the AB's. Players play. Ricky has fostered a great attitude around the clubhouse. Players want to work hard and get better and continue to battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.