The Last of Us (remastered)

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Finished. By the end, I didn't even feel bad for killing the humans. Is that bad?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the game was overhyped imo. is it a bad game, no. does it look pretty, yes. Is the ai Special person a lot of times, most definitely. this was the ps3 version anyway

what bothered me about this game is that it constantly got 10/10s. payed reviews r the norm now a days. anywho, its not a ten imo, its a 8 at the best - just because of the ai alone.

the rest of the game is good minus a few other things I dislike. its cool when u get to play as ellie. but seriously, sneak attack anyone with a bow and they die even if u hit them in the leg. that's a joke and another bs flaw about the game.

its funny how she turns into john Rambo after needing to be protected the whole game. blah

here is another serious flaws. ppl having a thousands rounds of ammo to shoot at you. but none for you take when u take them out. yay

I guess its worth playing though, I've played worse. however, if its a 10/10. resident evil 4 should have gotten a 20/10 when it came out.

get a used copy.

But the game is not really about its mechanics. Not like a game such as CoD or something. So if you don't get heavily invested in the story, then there isn't a lot for you. Imo, it deserves a 9 or 10, but as a narrative adventure game, not as a tactical shooter or something.

AussieBear

But the game is not really about its mechanics. Not like a game such as CoD or something. So if you don't get heavily invested in the story, then there isn't a lot for you. Imo, it deserves a 9 or 10, but as a narrative adventure game, not as a tactical shooter or something.

yeah, so lets forget about the mechanics of a "game". mechanics are the difference between a 10/10 and a 7 or 8/10.

Its a game, not a movie.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I just bought a PS4 today. Was going to get this but bought Injustice and Thief for $40 along with a free download of Destiny that came with the PS4 bundle. Figure those 3 should hold me over while the price on Last of Us comes down a little more. Game was $40 for PS4 used today.

AussieBear

I just bought a PS4 today. Was going to get this but bought Injustice and Thief for $40 along with a free download of Destiny that came with the PS4 bundle. Figure those 3 should hold me over while the price on Last of Us comes down a little more. Game was $40 for PS4 used today.

40 sounds like a decent price. i think i paid 79 for it new on sale.

Games in Australia are a bit pricey.

For example, the witcher 3 collectors edition is 199 bucks. 89 dollars for the normal edition. GTA V for PS4 is 99

The cost of living is one thing i cant and will never get use to in Australia

AussieBear

BTW, what did you pay for the PS4 there?

Its 598.00 dollars here with 5 games - this seems to be the xmas deal. Its 548.00 normally with no games.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;blj91KLOvZQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blj91KLOvZQ[/video]

AussieBear

[video=youtube;blj91KLOvZQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blj91KLOvZQ[/video]

i guess we can agree to disagree if you wanna have this argument.

the "game" as another expression is flawed too. like i said the concept is to protect ellie, who in turn becomes john rambo. its basically "the road" with some tweeks/changes or many other movie/stories, so its not original either.

like i said though, the game is good... it just didnt deserve the 10/10 imo and so do many others to be quite frank.

anyway

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
BTW, what did you pay for the PS4 there?

Its 598.00 dollars here with 5 games - this seems to be the xmas deal. Its 548.00 normally with no games.

It was $400. I got to pick one of four games for download, and I get the charging station with it. I really wanted the GTA V bundle pack, but those were sold out. It was the same thing except with GTA V and a download for The Last of Us.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just started playing this game for the 3rd time. It's just so fuckin good.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
thought the original sucked. it was at its best during cut scenes, or in other words when it wasnt a game at all. the game itself was shit. poor level design and garbage gameplay. most people seem to hold it in high regard because of a decent story and solid writing, which is only special when compared to the crap you get in most games, but compared to other mediums is actually pretty meh for the most part, while ignoring the fact that as a game it was shit. and thats ridiculous.

if its not about the mechanics dont try to shoehorn that story onto a shit game, create a interactive story, an adventure game, or go some other route, dont present a garbage stealth/action game thats simply poorly made and then hope that the story makes up for hours of shit gameplay. but then again i guess it worked, so...

so... its time to pump out a remastered version.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thats definitely not the experience most people had.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
fuck most people. most people have shit taste. hence its mass appeal.

but thats just like my opinion, man.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
fuck most people. most people have shit taste. hence its mass appeal.

but thats just like my opinion, man.

Dis might be shocking, but it is ok for you to dislike something and lots of other people like that same something.

I have never played it cause I am not a Playstation gamer, so I have no opinion.

I just find it funny how people will dislike something with mass appeal and rage at people who like said thing.... it really isn't the end of the world.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I mean, the story is what makes the game for me, not the gameplay. I don't think the gameplay is crap, but it's definitely nothing special. I did like the stealth aspect of it though at times.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
thought the original sucked. it was at its best during cut scenes, or in other words when it wasnt a game at all. the game itself was shit. poor level design and garbage gameplay. most people seem to hold it in high regard because of a decent story and solid writing, which is only special when compared to the crap you get in most games, but compared to other mediums is actually pretty meh for the most part, while ignoring the fact that as a game it was shit. and thats ridiculous.

if its not about the mechanics dont try to shoehorn that story onto a shit game, create a interactive story, an adventure game, or go some other route, dont present a garbage stealth/action game thats simply poorly made and then hope that the story makes up for hours of shit gameplay. but then again i guess it worked, so...

so... its time to pump out a remastered version.

Why would you compare storytelling in a game against other mediums? Of course it will fall short if you compare it to a novel. But so will every other medium. It makes no sense to compare storytelling between novels, movies, painting, or comics, etc... Each medium has different devices for conveying story. They usually don't translate between the different types very well.

Games are unique in that they are interactive and also visual. Text or dialog or exposition is much less necessary in well made games. Games have matured a great deal and deserve to be considered on their own merits. They don't have to be compared against other media anymore in order to be appreciated or validated imo. And from a critical perspective, imo games have earned a place at the table of capital a Art. As such, they deserved to be measured on a scale determined by their own strengths and weakness rather than those determined by other media.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also, I did not have your experience with the gameplay at all. Mechanically, I had no problems at all. And aesthetically, I thought the gameplay served the narrative very well and did a good job of reflecting the mood and intensity of the game. I had the same feelings about level design. Thought they were all very congruent to the narrative and mood and pacing. *shrug*

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Dis might be shocking, but it is ok for you to dislike something and lots of other people like that same something.

I have never played it cause I am not a Playstation gamer, so I have no opinion.

I just find it funny how people will dislike something with mass appeal and rage at people who like said thing.... it really isn't the end of the world.

i wasnt raging, but thanks for giving me the ok to dislike things lots of other people like. lol

people can like whatever they hell they want, but just because "most people" dig something that doesnt make it objectively good nor does it mean i should like it. bot just seem to like throwing in "most people" this or "the majority" that as a backing for his opinions as if it matters in regards to an individuals opinion.

oh, and the quality and substance of a story and the way a story is told are two very different things. but even with that said, one reason i think games fail in comparison to other mediums is because people simply dont expect much and when they get something even slightly above average its put on a pedestal.

Garlic Fries

Liked Posts:
The Last of Us was and still is one of my top three games. The story is top notch, the emotional interest you develop with the characters, even after the first 10 minutes is crazy. I'm a grown ass man and I shed a tear at the very end.

If you're debating buying it or not, it's well worth the full $60.