Michael Sam cut... let the media shit storm begin

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I'm already prepped for the media huzzah of, First Openly Gay Player signed to an NFL practice squad.

Sent from my 20CDCTO1WW using Tapatalk

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Everything has happened to Michael Sam which makes the gay aspect about the next gay player drafted so much less of a deal.

He came out before the draft, he got drafted, he played well, he got cut, and he'll for sure sign somewhere else.

Whether you're proud of Sam, indifferent, or annoyed, the fact it will be a lesser story is awesome...

....until the story is about a gay franchise quarterback lol

if history repeats itself it will be something like this:

ESPN Exclusive: Making History with Guy Gaylord, the First Openly Gay Quarterback

few weeks later:

ESPN Exclusive: Do Team's Centers Feel Uneasy When Guy Gaylord Walks Up Behind Them?

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
I don't give a shit if he's gay or not, if the kid can play better then Shea, then the Bears would be wise to improve the team..He looked fast when he had a chance to play and got 3 saks..Any Bear LB get 3 saks, against scrubs or not?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I don't give a shit if he's gay or not, if the kid can play better then Shea, then the Bears would be wise to improve the team..He looked fast when he had a chance to play and got 3 saks..Any Bear LB get 3 saks, against scrubs or not?

He's a defensive end.. not a lber, the bears have 6 defensive ends better than him on their roster.

Love Da Bears

Liked Posts:
The media has been tripping over themselves for years to find a gay football player. Often accusing Kordell Stewart and Michael Westbrook of being gay. What I don't understand is why they don't wait for a better athlete. Michael Sam and that gay guy from then Nets that nobody remembers weren't big enough stars to get the reaction that they wanted. The media actually tried to put the gay guy on the Nets on the same pedestal as Jackie Robinson....lol...give me a fuckin' break.

Not everyone who breaks through an important barrier is destined for greatness, though of course it looks better if they are. Robinson ended up being great, but even if he sucked and was out of the league in two years he would still be remembered for breaking the color barrier.

Jason Collins is bad at basketball and Michael Sam may be bad at football, but they will still be remembered in 40 years as the first people to break through the gay barrier in professional sports.

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
He's a defensive end.. not a lber, the bears have 6 defensive ends better than him on their roster.

Shea was no DE either..It's the hybrid era no?

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not everyone who breaks through an important barrier is destined for greatness, though of course it looks better if they are. Robinson ended up being great, but even if he sucked and was out of the league in two years he would still be remembered for breaking the color barrier.

Jason Collins is bad at basketball and Michael Sam may be bad at football, but they will still be remembered in 40 years as the first people to break through the gay barrier in professional sports.

I already forgot Jason Collins.

Love Da Bears

Liked Posts:
I already forgot Jason Collins.
Agreed, I had to look him up. That's why I said it's better if they're great, or at least start, he didn't do either. But all the same, he'll be remembered for being the first openly gay athlete.

Joker85

Liked Posts:
The media has been tripping over themselves for years to find a gay football player. Often accusing Kordell Stewart and Michael Westbrook of being gay. What I don't understand is why they don't wait for a better athlete. Michael Sam and that gay guy from then Nets that nobody remembers weren't big enough stars to get the reaction that they wanted. The media actually tried to put the gay guy on the Nets on the same pedestal as Jackie Robinson....lol...give me a fuckin' break.

The reason is that despite all the protestations to the contrary, it's still a divided nation when it comes to homosexuality, so people have a lot to lose with their brand. It's not an accident that the people that have "come out" so far have been no names or has beens that knew the attention they'd get would leave them far better off than the position they were in.

For an actual star in the NFL? Not so much. Especially now that the media has already elevated to God level these 2. Even if someone better does it now it won't have the same impact. And despite the fact that anyone that publicly says so will be punished, there are alot of people that will have a problem with it, and the player will always be remembered as the gay player rather than their talent.

If you are a certain super star QB. Much of your image comes from being the star qb. The sex symbol. The guy men envy and women want. If you announce you are gay that all goes away. Sure ESPN will spend the next 50 years declaring you a mixture of Martin Luther King and Jesus, but back in the real world, even among people that support homosexuality, that sex symbol status goes away. Men no longer envy the women you get, and women no longer imagine you as someone they could get. That means your brand now has less pop and you are now boxed in as the gay qb.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed, I had to look him up. That's why I said it's better if they're great, or at least start, he didn't do either. But all the same, he'll be remembered for being the first openly gay athlete.

Jason Collins is less than Esera Tuaolo. He was obviously gay before admitting it later. He just wasn't drafted openly gay. It's stupid. Just play your game and keep your cock in your pants and all is good. Regardless of the sport.

JErryAZuma

BallHawk/CardShark
Liked Posts:
Brendan ayenbedejo sp? Wasn't he gay too

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So is this thread going to be updated with actual links to the alleged media shit storm or are people just going to bitch and moan about something that hasn't actually happened yet? I mean only dudes with female tendencies cry about something before it's actually happened right? Or am I the only one to see the irony of dudes complaining about a gay agenda by doing something a stereotypical macho dude would normally consider gay?

Reactions: WCL

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So is this thread going to be updated with actual links to the alleged media shit storm or are people just going to bitch and moan about something that hasn't actually happened yet? I mean only dudes with female tendencies cry about something before it's actually happened right? Or am I the only one to see the irony of dudes complaining about a gay agenda by doing something a stereotypical macho dude would normally consider gay?

Don't know if it qualifies as media shit storm but it's the first thing on Google News. NFL network is running a special segment on it. It's getting a lot of attention.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I know right. Its almost as lame as people playing the race card every time something happens to a black man in this country. :troll:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I know right. Its almost as lame as people playing the race card every time something happens to a black man in this country. :troll:

Or people pretending that race is never an issue in anything that happens in this country despite centuries of evidence to the contrary.

See what I did there?

JErryAZuma

BallHawk/CardShark
Liked Posts:

Jesus dude where in the fuck do you see whining? It was a fucking sarcastic statement . It was meant to mean there could be a possible media shit storm , I mean really the thread title offended you that much fuck man it was a joke . How is that crying please inform me because I couldn't care less whether it's a shit storm or not. And by shit storm I meant it's gonna be headlined on every news feed, and correct me if I'm wrong it is headlining on ESPN nfl net and YAHOO. so what in the hell are YOU crying about. Female tendencies ?? Making a joke about the Media's tendency to blow things out of proportion is female tendencies? ?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Or people pretending that race is never an issue in anything that happens in this country despite centuries of evidence to the contrary.

See what I did there?

Yeah....I am Mexican. I would argue were currently more of a 2nd rate citizen in this country than your people.

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
Kudos to Michael Sam for having the courage to be the first. He's a one-dimensional player on a team who's stacked on the DL (I think Quinn is the best pass rusher in the NFL…C Long…Brockers). The rookie they kept is more versatile. Look at the last few DE's to make our roster…they play special teams. Sam doesn't. He'll have to find a fit with a team who needs a situational pass rusher. Casserly thinks he should go to Canada, maybe making it back to the NFL someday ala Cameron Wake.

At any rate, I'm proud of him. It's great that players are breaking that barrier. Unfortunately though, what you really need for Joe Sixpack to accept gay players is for superstars to come out. There are gay men in the NFL right now, probably a couple of stars too. When a superstar comes out, that'll really move the needle.