Adam Dunn Traded To Oakland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cespedes is far from a great player but he was a very valuable asset for the A's.

That lineup is pretty much horse shit without him or Donaldson.

They paid a steep price for a rental in Lester.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Cespsedes really isn't that great.

He's a free agent after next season and for him you get one of the best pitchers in the baseball, and an okay player in Gomes.

Think of it this way. If the White Sox were contending (I know, I know, you can stop laughing now) and Cherrington offered Lester + Gomes for De Aza (well, the 2013 version) would you think its a steep price? Because that is essentially what Beane paid to get those two.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
The A's were playing ball at an incredibly great rate. I don't think it was flukey, but they weren't going to keep up the pace all season, they were due to cool off. This is it. I'm not saying the A's will storm back up and re-take the lead in the West (its possible, but, idk 5 GB with less than a month to go, kinda tough), but they'll play better, they're too good not to.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
he has hit a couple bombs since being dealt. probably is re energized

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Cespsedes really isn't that great.

He's a free agent after next season and for him you get one of the best pitchers in the baseball, and an okay player in Gomes.

Think of it this way. If the White Sox were contending (I know, I know, you can stop laughing now) and Cherrington offered Lester + Gomes for De Aza (well, the 2013 version) would you think its a steep price? Because that is essentially what Beane paid to get those two.

Lester hasn't been that great, I'd say the Carmines got the better deal with Cespedes. They'll probably get Scherzer too.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
A's and Tigers have been really faltering since their big trades at the deadline

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can't think of a guy who's come to town and fulfilled fewer expectations than Dunn did. Had a natural talent for hitting a baseball, but no drive. The fact that he's retiring at season's end proves the guy was just in it for the money. I'm just glad he's not hanging around for 500 homers, cause I'd hate to see a fat, lazy bum like this get into the HOF. The player he's most often compared to - Dave Kingman - had more passion for the game than Dunn did.

If you take Dunn's total batting average over the seasons he spent with the Sox, he's barely over .200. And his RBI totals have been closer to that of a 6 or 7 hitter than a middle of the order guy. Can't believe the Sox were hitting this guy 3rd for his first two years here. One of the laziest players I've ever seen.

rbis and BA? lol your post has nothing to back it up. in it for the money? please tell me what leads you to that? the fact that he is retiring? really? wow.

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.