Buffalo Bills on tap

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Home opener as always and the Bears show well in these games and I expect nothing different. First the Bills have decent skill players but EJ Manuel is a miss at the QB position. It should be a good offense for the Bears to get their defense in order with. We'll be tested, but not to the point that they'll lose the game because the defense can't play.

When the Bears have the ball. They have a good DL, Kyle Williams may be one of the most underrated defensive players in the NFL. Slauson struggled with him when he was in New York should be an interesting battle in the trenches.

OnemanWolfpack

Liked Posts:
Bills were one of the top rushing teams last year. They will put our run D too the test early and often. If we get a lead and force them to throw then this game is over fast. The Bills D was awesome last year but after losing Mike Pettine, Kiko Alonso, Byrd and a few others I don't think they will be nearly as good. I think that this is a game the Bears should win.

sam slocum

Liked Posts:
I'm hoping their defense will be as undisciplined as the Lions were/hopefully still are.

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
Not sure I am ready to call Ej Manuel a miss after an injury filled ROOKIE year. Their running game could keep our offense off the field making this game closer than most think it will be. Hopefully our defense shows better than they did in the preseason.

Stangboy124

Backing Vocalist
Liked Posts:
Not sure I am ready to call Ej Manuel a miss after an injury filled ROOKIE year. Their running game could keep our offense off the field making this game closer than most think it will be. Hopefully our defense shows better than they did in the preseason.

I hear you there, but Manuel hasn't shown much of anything this preseason either.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think them wasting time testing our run D rather than worrying about balanced playcalling and playing proper chess is a detriment to them. I don't expect great reward against our run D this year, however, we will probably give the random reward of a big gain that keeps teams trying and keeps ending drives or putting into third and long.

Its short runs that kill a drive, and I think our D-line can hold more close to the line and in the backfield more this year, but I expect some missed assignments behind them. So...in short...we should be better at the point of attack, and obviously we are slightly improved behind them, but not much.

BigTom

Liked Posts:
Until the Bears defense proves they can stop the run, the key to every game is going to be the Bears offense getting off to a fast start and taking an early lead. Forcing the opponents to abandon the run and start passing allowing the Bears to unleash their pass rush, which should be the strength of the defense this year.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Run defense will be tested in the first half of the season. Bills, 49ers, Jets, Packers, Patriots and Panthers were all top 11 in rushing last year. Bills also have a good screen game which has given the Bears trouble in the past.

I expect the Bills to run like crazy. Jackson and Spilled, move the pocket with Manuel. And a lot of zone read and stretch plays to test the Bears gap integrity.

The best thing the Bears can do for the defense is to get a lead and make Buffalo abandon the run somewhat.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Home opener as always and the Bears show well in these games and I expect nothing different. First the Bills have decent skill players but EJ Manuel is a miss at the QB position. It should be a good offense for the Bears to get their defense in order with. We'll be tested, but not to the point that they'll lose the game because the defense can't play.

When the Bears have the ball. They have a good DL, Kyle Williams may be one of the most underrated defensive players in the NFL. Slauson struggled with him when he was in New York should be an interesting battle in the trenches.

Yeah, no shit. If you're going to keep starting threads, please don't. Just grab a razor instead.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Manuel is a gamer. He can extend drives and if the run game is healthy and the defense is healthy they are kind of a bitch team to deal with when they have all their parts and top energy. I'm worried that they led the NFL in sacks last year. We need Cutler to get through this game healthy most importanltly

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, no shit. If you're going to keep starting threads, please don't. Just grab a razor instead.

dinosaurs.gif

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
EJ Manuel is garbage, he came from no where in last years draft. Ask yourself, was Florida State a better team with Manuel or without? Manuel was a third or fourth round prospect in the draft the when everyone realized there wasn't any talent in the draft suddenly he becomes an overvalued overhyped prospect who suddenly becomes a first,round pick. We've heard that plenty of times with a high track record of failure.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is the most important game of the season for the Bears. They need to show up big time. No excuses. It is TIME to deliver.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
After Free Agency and the draft, I was looking forward to this season.

Two to three weeks ago, some analysts still had us as a Super Bowl contender. But at that point, I was "cautiously optimistic".

Today, I am less eager for a season to start than any time in recent memory. I think I have gone way too far in the wrong direction., Maybe because expectations had been built up so much that it was almost certain to be a disappointment.

I guess Game 3 did it for me. I saw same ol crap defense and zero points by our unstoppable offense.

I need the season to start and a win under their belt so I can come in of the ledge.

JErryAZuma

BallHawk/CardShark
Liked Posts:
^^ I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend, you could cut ties with all the lies that u been livin in.
A little third eye blind to relax you, Bears will be alright especially when Allen gets that first sack fumble in the 2nd quarter

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
After Free Agency and the draft, I was looking forward to this season.

Two to three weeks ago, some analysts still had us as a Super Bowl contender. But at that point, I was "cautiously optimistic".

Today, I am less eager for a season to start than any time in recent memory. I think I have gone way too far in the wrong direction., Maybe because expectations had been built up so much that it was almost certain to be a disappointment.

I guess Game 3 did it for me. I saw same ol crap defense and zero points by our unstoppable offense.

I need the season to start and a win under their belt so I can come in of the ledge.

You are not alone. game 3 did it to a lot of people. Its the dress rehearsal and they failed pretty bad. Last season the bears ACED their dress rehearsal and then went to switch out their defensive playcaller for game 1. Nice move. Sarcastic. Weird move and the team bringing back the same coordinators and an awful dress rehearsal gives reasons for concern.
During the offseason i was NOT sold on the offense. (Jay was injured for almost half the season and no offensive upgrades what so ever)
And how could i feel comfortable with the defense when mundy is ur stud at safety and ur bringing back the same linebackers and starting DTs that u ended the season with.
Thats just personnel. After the first preseason game i had hope. If they can conjuer some of the mojo they had after that first game we could have a nice season. If we are more like the game 3 bears, dont leave the ledge just yet.

Bearadonis-out

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
Run defense will be tested in the first half of the season. Bills, 49ers, Jets, Packers, Patriots and Panthers were all top 11 in rushing last year. Bills also have a good screen game which has given the Bears trouble in the past.

I expect the Bills to run like crazy. Jackson and Spilled, move the pocket with Manuel. And a lot of zone read and stretch plays to test the Bears gap integrity.

The best thing the Bears can do for the defense is to get a lead and make Buffalo abandon the run somewhat.

I burry my head in my hands every time I think about Tom Brady going against this secondary.:obama:

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I burry my head in my hands every time I think about Tom Brady going against this secondary.:obama:
Secondary should be the least of the worries about this defense. Especially in coverage. Fuller not playing much really skewed some people's views of the CB play. But he's really good. Jennings is a top 5 CB in the league. Tillman is just 1 injury plagued year removed from being a DPOY candidate. And they project to have a better pass rush.