Texans' FS Clemons released

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chris Clemons - DB - Free Agent
Texans released FS Chris Clemons.
The move is a big surprise after Houston gave Clemons $450,000 guaranteed in March. As Reshad Jones will open the season on suspension for the Dolphins, Miami might want to look into bringing Clemons back. The Texans' free safety job will likely now go to Kendrick Lewis, a longtime Romeo Crennel favorite.
Related: Texans

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Mel Tucker would have him playing like Major Wright did last season, while Major Wright will playing good ball for Lovie & the Bucs before the season ends.

BPo001

Liked Posts:
Mel Tucker would have him playing like Major Wright did last season, while Major Wright will playing good ball for Lovie & the Bucs before the season ends.
Umm no he won't.

Tampa Bay also parted ways with safety Major Wright, who started 31 games the past two seasons for the Chicago Bears.

sewie

Liked Posts:
Texas just signed D Manning to replace him.

chefbear65

Liked Posts:
Clemons graded out very well last year according to PFF. Seems like a no-brainer at this point.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Texas just signed D Manning to replace him.

fuck....so that was there move? hmmmmm...they viewed Mannning as upgrade. we should have too.

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
From everyone's favorite analysis site:

Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF 24m
Safety Chris Clemons was our 19th highest graded player at the positon in 2013, and 16th this preseason. Can help a Safety needy team.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:

Safety Chris Clemons was our 19th highest graded player at the positon in 2013, and 16th this preseason. Can help a Safety needy team.

Well... I say get it done.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

I would have been in favor of picking him up until I saw PFF graded him high. :)

Liked Posts:
Mel Tucker is in over his head. While it was simply pre-season the defense never looked like an organized unit. Trestman has to realize that his coaches are an extension of himself. Sticking with someone who isn't getting the job done will not bode well. When the Bears made their moves to bring in some beef on the D-line I felt the Bears could win 10-11 games. While they will score Ok the D will be on the field a long time during the regular season which will inhibit the Bears offense.

I feel the Bears are now a 6 -8 win team simply because Trestman made a mistake in bringing in Tucker last year. There is no excuse now. You got the players you wanted and you replaced the coaches who allegedly weren't doing the job.

No long snapper either. Can't imagine the team not addressing this issue with only 6 days to go before an actual game is played.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
C.Clemons is a true free safety and i really hope Emery brings him in for a look.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Is this dude replying to his own posts?
Plus I would suggest since you have a two yr old screen name, Waitingforoffense, with only 14 posts invested, don't you think you should just ditch it for DefenseBlows or something. Time is now to get with the current regime. Not like anyone knows who the hell you are with an average of 1 post every 2 months.

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
Is this dude replying to his own posts?

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha...hahahaha

Great stuff. But you damn right they should bring this cat in for free safety

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rise

Liked Posts:
I'm still wondering why we didn't want manning, oh well.