The Bears Practice Squad

Jeff George

Liked Posts:
Appriciate the beauty of the thread. All important info right at the beginning. There is some good stuff on practice sqaud eligiablilty mixed in but you have the freedom to read what you want. Those who want concise info got it those that want to socialize further got that. The words you are looking for are thank you and to that I say you are welcome dear friend

Well i actually thought some good FOOTBALL talk about the signings might follow the first few posts. But gee my mistake.

So no...thank you was not what I was trying to say one bit.

nitelife

Liked Posts:
I want to carry on being snorchy, but I can't find it in myself to be snorchy. I'll just reserve that for biff.

The problem I have with you Nick80. Is that I can't ask you to say this in English ... wtf is " snorchy " ?

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm glad Lattimore and three name guy are on.

OnemanWolfpack

Liked Posts:
interest people.[/QUOTE]

3 CBs and no Safeties. Interesting.
Glad to see a couple DTs there. We're a little too thin there for my liking. I wonder if either of these guys can actually play.
No OT ... I guess Ola and Leno have won the staff over for now.

Anyone have any information on Roy Philon, Rashad Ross, or Terrance Mitchell? They are all new to the team right?

Did Chris Williams catch on somewhere else?

Of the players Ross has the most potential to break into the starting lineup in my opinion. He has some nice return highlights out there. I posted the youtube highlight in the Next Devin Hester thread.
Al Louis Jean is right where he needs to be to develope and I think next year he could make the team and have a solid role.
Wish they had a couple safetys on there but I guess they didnt like anyone who was out there. Cant force it.
I know nothing of the DTs

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I feel.sorry for anybody who read past the first 2 or 3 posts if this thread. Pathetic that certain posters actually think their non football related tantrums actually interest people.

So you feel sorry for yourself. That's understandable.

nitelife

Liked Posts:
Glad to see a couple DTs there. We're a little too thin there for my liking. I wonder if either of these guys can actually play.

Anyone have any information on Roy Philon, Rashad Ross, or Terrance Mitchell? They are all new to the team right?

Noticed that myself, even more that CJ Wilson wasn't one of them ... guess Tucker doesn't like speed on the outside. Terrence Mitchell sounds more like a cover-2 CB blazing 4.61 speed, but he is suppose to be quick and backpeddle well. Philon (might as well include Dunn ) look up DL asst. Coach Clint Hurtt resume'. Ross is just another speed guy to try at KR

Haven't heard about where Chris Williams landed

Silverwulf

Liked Posts:
So Ross is mostly a speedster then.
And a possible KR/PR guy.

OnemanWolfpack

Liked Posts:
Well i actually thought some good FOOTBALL talk about the signings might follow the first few posts. But gee my mistake.

So no...thank you was not what I was trying to say one bit.

There are some good posts mixed in here but Im afraid you have made up your mind. You yourself could have commented on a player but instead took a different route. Im not judging but you will notice that both bullshit and football talk exsist in this thread. How much can you really say about the practice sqaud? What do are your thoughts on sqaud? Who do you think has potential? Do you know anything about the players they signed from other teams?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I wonder if the plan is to bring back Britton or Williams tomorrow if they place Marquess Wilson on IR, designated to return.

OnemanWolfpack

Liked Posts:
Noticed that myself, even more that CJ Wilson wasn't one of them ... guess Tucker doesn't like speed on the outside. Terrence Mitchell sounds more like a cover-2 CB blazing 4.61 speed, but he is suppose to be quick and backpeddle well. Philon (might as well include Dunn ) look up DL asst. Coach Clint Hurtt resume'. Ross is just another speed guy to try at KR

Haven't heard about where Chris Williams landed

I thought Wilson had some good showing in the preseason as well. Maybe they think he has maxed out his potential though. His plays were against 2nd and 3rd stringers.

OnemanWolfpack

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube_share;4eBt089yMtk]http://youtu.be/4eBt089yMtk[/video]

Ross highlights for those of you who didn't see it in the other thread. He looks good but I can see him dancing a bit like Hester used to do and that shit doesn't fly too well in the NFL.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:

Saw Ross play at ASU he's a speed demon and was a dynamic kick returner at ASU. My guess is that's where Emery sees Ross' potential is in the return game. He was never quite consistent enough, you could see big flashes of potential and at times some subtle growth but he never seemed to be able to put it all together to become an NFL worthy roster lock.

Overall he's in that speed demon deep threat u tapped potential mode you hope pans out.

http://www.thesundevils.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30300&ATCLID=208251273

Silverwulf

Liked Posts:
I keep thinking that bringing back Britton eventually is somewhere in the plan, but maybe not.

OnemanWolfpack

Liked Posts:
I thought they were high on Britton too. Maybe Leno and Ola showed more potential

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought they were high on Britton too. Maybe Leno and Ola showed more potential

I think the injury really hurt Britton's chances. It gave Ola the chance to step up, and he played well.

Jeff George

Liked Posts:
There are some good posts mixed in here but Im afraid you have made up your mind. You yourself could have commented on a player but instead took a different route. Im not judging but you will notice that both bullshit and football talk exsist in this thread. How much can you really say about the practice sqaud? What do are your thoughts on sqaud? Who do you think has potential? Do you know anything about the players they signed from other teams?

I like the pickup of Ross for competition.

Bummed we opted not to bring Wilson back and kept Frey. The latter has hit his ceiling.

Glad Louis jean is back. Love his size.

Don't discount britton coming back.

OnemanWolfpack

Liked Posts:
I think the injury really hurt Britton's chances. It gave Ola the chance to step up, and he played well.

They know what Britton is though. He played meaningful snap for the team last year and was solid. An injury shouldnt have changed what they know. Ola and Leno must be better in key areas or have potential to develope into something more than a backup or rotational player.

OnemanWolfpack

Liked Posts:
I agree that Frey has maxed out his potential. He has always practiced really well but doesnt show up in games. Maybe he is around be because he could be brought in quickly in case of injury and because he is a good opponent in practice