The Bears Practice Squad

OnemanWolfpack

Liked Posts:
Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 51m
#Bears 10 practice squad signings also announced. CB Isaiah Frey, DT Brandon Dunn, CB Terrance Mitchell, DT Roy Philon in group.

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 51m
Also confirmed on #Bears PS: C Taylor Boggs, WR Josh Bellamy, G Ryan Groy, LB DeDe Lattimore, CB Al Louis-Jean, WR Rashad Ross.

OnemanWolfpack

Liked Posts:
Since I have had several failed long snapper threads I will throw this nugget in with this post.

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 54m
#Bears make addition of LS Jeremy Cain official. He is now with club for his third stint, second as a snapper.

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
what are the rules on being eligible for the practice squad? i thought frey and boggs wouldn't be able to be placed on it

OnemanWolfpack

Liked Posts:
Eligibility

The NFL and NFLPA agreed to some practice squads eligibility changes.

First, a player must have a minimum of six games – up from the current three games – on a Practice Squad in order for that season to count as one of the player’s three permissible seasons of Practice Squad service.

Second, each club will be permitted to sign a maximum of two Practice Squad players who have earned no more than two accrued seasons of free agency credit. Absent this exception, a player who has earned one or more accrued seasons would not be eligible for a Practice Squad unless the player spent fewer than nine games on a club’s 46-player active list in each of his accrued seasons.

All other practice squad rules under Article 33 of the 2011 Collective Bargaining Agreement will remain in effect during the 2014 and 2015 seasons.

(Article 33: The Practice Squad shall consist of the following players, provided that they have not served more than two previous seasons on a Practice Squad: (i) players who do not have an Accrued Season of NFL experience; and (ii) free agent players who were on the Active List for fewer than nine regular season games during their only Accrued Season(s). An otherwise eligible player may be a Practice Squad player for a third season only if the Club by which he is employed that season has at least 53 players on its Active/Inactive List during the entire period of his employment.)

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...-rules-eligibility-eagles-roster-cuts-waivers

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can we please not merge these. The other ones have shitty thread titles. I missed the practice squad signings yesterday, because the main thread for it was titled "Practice squad eligible to be signed."

That's just a piece of shit thread title. "Bears Practice Squad Signings" would have been perfect. "Practice squad eligible to be signed" gives you no indication that it's the thread in which the actual signings are being reported. According to the title, that thread should be a list of players who were cut who are also eligible to be signed to the practice squad. Rawdawg should be ashamed of himself for that one. Completely ashamed.

MaoTenDoo

Rabid Homer
Donator
Liked Posts:
what are the rules on being eligible for the practice squad? i thought frey and boggs wouldn't be able to be placed on it

2014 NFL Practice Squad Rules

First, a player must have a minimum of six games - up from the current three games - on a Practice Squad in order for that season to count as one of the player's three permissible seasons of Practice Squad service.

Second, each club will be permitted to sign a maximum of two Practice Squad players who have earned no more than two accrued seasons of free agency credit. Absent this exception, a player who has earned one or more accrued seasons would not be eligible for a Practice Squad unless the player spent fewer than nine games on a club's 46-player active list in each of his accrued seasons.

Edited to shake tiny fist at OnemanWolfpack.

Ralpf

Liked Posts:

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I didn't like the angle that thread took and nor the outpouring of dislike and bemoaning the fact people can't find what they are looking for in threads. That's more than enough for me. I'll just make sure that people follow that same fucking path.

dogyoga.gif

MaoTenDoo

Rabid Homer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not football-related. You've earned two demerits.

Jeff George

Liked Posts:
I feel.sorry for anybody who read past the first 2 or 3 posts if this thread. Pathetic that certain posters actually think their non football related tantrums actually interest people.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I want to carry on being snorchy, but I can't find it in myself to be snorchy. I'll just reserve that for biff.
Nick you seem down. Let me throw a +4.2 your way. Better?

Silverwulf

Liked Posts:
3 CBs and no Safeties. Interesting.
Glad to see a couple DTs there. We're a little too thin there for my liking. I wonder if either of these guys can actually play.
No OT ... I guess Ola and Leno have won the staff over for now.

Anyone have any information on Roy Philon, Rashad Ross, or Terrance Mitchell? They are all new to the team right?

Did Chris Williams catch on somewhere else?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I feel.sorry for anybody who read past the first 2 or 3 posts if this thread. Pathetic that certain posters actually think their non football related tantrums actually interest people.
Ryan Mallett

Reactions: WCL

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:

Thank you for your non-football related post.

OnemanWolfpack

Liked Posts:

Appriciate the beauty of the thread. All important info right at the beginning. There is some good stuff on practice sqaud eligiablilty mixed in but you have the freedom to read what you want. Those who want concise info got it those that want to socialize further got that. The words you are looking for are thank you and to that I say you are welcome dear friend