My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Atlanta was pushed around at the line of scrimmage from wire to wire, but the early returns on this year's overhauled group have assistant Mike Tice encouraged.

"I'd lose a lot of sleep if we were getting our ass kicked in pass protection, but we're not," Tice said, per ESPN.com's Vaughn McClure. "We're not going to be a run-first team, so we'll get the runs cleaned up. We've just got to keep protecting that quarterback."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ke-tice-falcons-offensive-line-wont-be-punked

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"The one thing they won't be, they won't be punked over by anybody," Tice said of his line. "That's encouraging."

Silverwulf

Liked Posts:
Atlanta was pushed around at the line of scrimmage from wire to wire, but the early returns on this year's overhauled group have assistant Mike Tice encouraged.

"I'd lose a lot of sleep if we were getting our ass kicked in pass protection, but we're not," Tice said, per ESPN.com's Vaughn McClure. "We're not going to be a run-first team, so we'll get the runs cleaned up. We've just got to keep protecting that quarterback."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ke-tice-falcons-offensive-line-wont-be-punked

He really said "... we'll get the runs cleaned up." ?

Hmm ... this one's just begging for GIFs it would seem ...

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He is correct because the QB will in their stead

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And to think that I thought he was coaching Pop Warner now:)

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
Oh no... I drafted Matt Ryan in two different leagues forgetting that Mike Tice was the Falcons' offensive line coach.

h6SFkt6.gif

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He really is a fucking moron.

Run da ball... Vertical passing... One man route...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Poor Tice, he may be on Ambien sooner than later.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did people watch episode 4 of Hard Knocks?

There was a part where Falcons were practicing with the texans and rookie 1st round pick Jake Matthews was going up against JJ Watt 1 on 1 in drills. And Watt was destroying Matthews. His feet were all over the place, getting splayed out, doing the splits, just getting whipped.

Tice was standing there coaching him up between each rep. And all he said the whole time, over and over, was just get your right hand up in his pads. His only coaching point for the whole drill. And the fuck idiot just kept repeating it over and over.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Did people watch episode 4 of Hard Knocks?

There was a part where Falcons were practicing with the texans and rookie 1st round pick Jake Matthews was going up against JJ Watt 1 on 1 in drills. And Watt was destroying Matthews. His feet were all over the place, getting splayed out, doing the splits, just getting whipped.

Tice was standing there coaching him up between each rep. And all he said the whole time, over and over, was just get your right hand up in his pads. His only coaching point for the whole drill. And the fuck idiot just kept repeating it over and over.

Not defending Tice on this but....

Pad level is like O-line 101.

it would be like trying to teach a kid how to hit a curve ball when he doesn't even hold the bat right. You pretty much have to get the basics right before you can move forward.

Tice was trying to teach him how to hold the bat right and he just couldn't do it.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I forgot how much of a meathead Tice was, until I flipped on Hard Knocks this year.

The guy is absolutely insufferable. How can anyone bear to be around him?