IST: CUBS/Boozers

Status
Not open for further replies.

theberserkfury

Liked Posts:
Really nice read from Javy on a bloop single to left from Valbuena... scored from 2nd.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Baez a couple good ABs so far tonight
Walk and just missed one to CF

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Funny baez and soler clobber one that gets caught on the track

Castillo hits one off end of bat hits off wall and little mendy goes yard..

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Be cool if Vizcaino gets an inning tonight with big lead

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
They should just shelve Castro and Rizzo for the year.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
By the way for all those ( I know some arent here anymore ) that predicted the cubs to lose 100 + games .. that was win 63, so no 100 losses this year

Need to go 10-14 to clip the 90 mark

That's not really fair. If this team would have stayed like it was, they probably would have lost 100. No one knew that these kids would walk in here and pump life into this club like they did. Hell, no one knew if they were even gonna be here at all.....other than the Sept call ups.

theberserkfury

Liked Posts:
That's not really fair. If this team would have stayed like it was, they probably would have lost 100. No one knew that these kids would walk in here and pump life into this club like they did. Hell, no one knew if they were even gonna be here at all.....other than the Sept call ups.

Lol, how is that not fair?

Isn't the point that you're supposed to try and account for any and all changes to the team in your prediction?

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Tell me this is sarcasm.

Not fair to predict a win total base on bringing up the prospects we have been looking forward to?

And by the way, since nobody - and I mean NOBODY, seems to notice, the Cubs have been playing .500 ball for three and a half months due to their pitching, not their offense.

The offense will certainly be there. But everybody keeps talking about how they have no pitching, drafted no pitching, won't win without pitching, etc.

They traded Shark and Hammel, and their ERA went up. But since Arrieta, Hendricks and Wada have joined the rotation, they are winning with pitching.

The Cards entered the season with all the pitching depth a team could ever want, and as of last week their ERA was 3.67 compared to the Cubs at 3.69.

Add a TOR, and they're in better shape than many give them credit for. You can never have enough, and they need to get more. But it's looking much better than expected.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wasn't that classic?

"No fair predicting more wins. I didn't expect improvement."

Wow. Even for a Cub fan, that's pretty fucking arrogant. You "expected" more wins based on the fact that these kids are "can't miss"?

Here's a list of a few Top Ten Chicago Cubs picks that were "can't miss"....and BTW, I saw most of them play, if that's what they called playing.

Rick James, Terry Hughes, Dean Burk, Scot Thompson, Brian Rosinski, Herman Segelke, Randy Martz, Drew Hall, Jackie Davidson, Derrick May, Mike Harkey, Ty Griffin, Brooks Kieschnick, Cory Patterson, Lou Montañez, Ryan Harvey and Josh Vitters. All picks 1 to 10....all bust outs.

A few turned out ok, like Kerry Wood and Shawon Dunston but the fact that kids excel in the minor leagues or college doesn't mean shit....being a high pick, doesn't mean shit and the fact that the kids they brought up here are this year are playing this well is astounding....way above the norm, especially above the norm for the Cubs.

You can hope they drafted well, traded well etc. But to EXPECT anything from a franchise that hasn't won a championship in over 100 years is beyond the boundaries of stupidity.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:

Pretty sure that's exactly what I said would happen when I suggested they were a 70-75 win team. Additionally, they didn't even have to be great players. If they were below league average they would have been improvement over 2013 players.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Not even the kids really.. Rizzo Castro Valbuena and Coghlin says hello

Status
Not open for further replies.