dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I still think emery has something up his sleeve in the coming week. We only have 4 mediocre safeties. None on the PS.

Clemons could be a Bear by tomorrow.
Well there was rumors that he was scanning around looking for safety and special teams help so yeah i'm hoping something happens soon.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
he's only one guy, conte. if he does his job, even an average job, we should be fine. but i wouldn't say he's a strength, really, more of a liability. when he misses, it's a td.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
This is over looked.

He was pretty good and looked like a building block before last season.

We know Conte is not going to be a star, but his ceiling is better than he showed last season.

No, let's just stick with the Jeff George mentality. If something bad happens to you in your 3rd season, it means you reached your ceiling and capped out at that point.

Sent from my 20CDCTO1WW using Tapatalk

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;E7em_q-zEeA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7em_q-zEeA[/video]

Chris " Bill Buckner" Conte

Jeff George

Liked Posts:
No, let's just stick with the Jeff George mentality. If something bad happens to you in your 3rd season, it means you reached your ceiling and capped out at that point.

Sent from my 20CDCTO1WW using Tapatalk

What bad thing happened to Isaiah Frey?

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I was gonna comment on him not knowing our week 1 opponent but figured other people would do it first.

I know, right? Maybe one day I can get back in your good graces of being a real fan. Or as you put it, "our" opponent this week. I hope you kick some ass this coming Sunday *unknown bears player*. Were rooting for ya!

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
I know, right? Maybe one day I can get back in your good graces of being a real fan. Or as you put it, "our" opponent this week. I hope you kick some ass this coming Sunday *unknown bears player*. Were rooting for ya!

Why does it matter that he said "our opponent"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liked Posts:
At this point, I'd be okay starting Conte. He wasn't perfect in Seattle, but he at least played fast. With a representative D-line, I think we'll see Conte play at the level of an average NFL safety, which is a lot more than we can say about Danny McCray. Nothing against McCray, but he's a special teamer and I don't want him anywhere near the field when the Bears are on defense.

Related note, though, I'd love the Bears to bring in Chris Clemons. He could be up to speed and ready to go by the SF game.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This is over looked.

He was pretty good and looked like a building block before last season.

We know Conte is not going to be a star, but his ceiling is better than he showed last season.
I don't know if I'd say he looked good prior to last year cause he had a much better defense prior to last year. He still took bad angles and wasn't a very good tackeler but I do agree that a healthy Conte is someone we can get by with as long as we're strong everywhere else especially the D-Line which I think is gonna be very good this year. I still think safety and LBer will need to be top priorities in the draft and free agency next year.