I Predict the Bears will Draft the Quarterback of the Future in 2016

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
During the 2016 NFL Draft, I predict the Bears will draft the quarterback of the future.

The sole reason why I have the Bears drafting a quarterback is so the Bears can put that quarterback under Marc Trestman and Jay Cutler's wings for a year to develop him until Cutler is released.

The quarterback I have them taking is Christian Hackenberg out of Penn State. The only way the Bears will draft Hackenberg is he falls to them or the Bears have a terrible season.

Hackenberg has great size, a strong arm, pocket presence and is very advanced in his field vision.

malcore

21803169_prid_416x312_01.jpg

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I predict Cutler will be the starting QB for the Jaguars in 2016.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Interesting. Future QB of the future will be drafted in the future.

LanceStone

Liked Posts:
#StaySafe

Warm Regards,

-reddit scientist, co-founder Kotex Mafia and skeptic

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
I predict you'll be in a mental institution in 6 months.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
You would think the Bears would've lucked into a top 10---Hell, a top 5---QB by now.

That they haven't is actually an amazing accomplishment.

That said, you can't be all in with Jay if you're thinking about the QB draft class in two years, where we have no idea who will be available, what the Bears position will be, whether QB will even be a high need, etc.

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sandusky is gone at leas t he wouldnt be mentally damaged...However lets see how cutler does the next couple years

Liked Posts:
The OP ended up being right about this years CB pick well before the draft. Personally I think it would be borderline criminal if the Bears didn't draft a first round QB with a coach like Trestman who has shown success at grooming up the QB position. Very rarely, if ever would I be upset if the Bears took a shot at drafting a franchise QB, unless we already had a young blue chip QB with significant pro success under his belt. Especially with Emery & Trestman who I do think will eventually net the franchise it's first quality QB from the draft in decades.

I believe, may be wrong, but I believe the technicalities of the Cutler deal allows the Bears out of that deal after 3 seasons & he's 31 now. I agree with the OP, I think we see a first round QB picked by the Bears in the next or following draft.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Hackenberg is as sure fire a #1 pick as there has ever been. He's up there with Andrew Luck, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, John Elway as guys who everyone knew would be #1 picks basically before their freshman seasons were over. If the Bears are picking #1 in 2016, there'll be a new coach and GM taking Hackenberg.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Like a robot QB? Is that what the QB of the future will become?

Sent from my 20CDCTO1WW using Tapatalk