Starlin Castro

Liked Posts:
There is only one Illinois, correct? Just making sure before my mind explodes.
Yeah. There's only one illinois and Mississippi and Alabama are thankful that there at least is that.

But what's worth a chuckle is how some of you are impervious to some combination of typos and lag.

It's weak actually.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Yeah. There's only one illinois and Mississippi and Alabama are thankful that there at least is that.

But what's worth a chuckle is how some of you are impervious to some combination of typos and lag.

It's weak actually.

I was just giving you shit, man. I'm not a grammar nazi. If I can tell what somebody means when they type stuff I don't care too much how they spell or whatever.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Yeah, well the sobering thing us, he plays a position where there's a premium on defense but this guy has excuse makers of all sorts coming out of the woodwork where that's concerned. The base running is just an added layer to the drama.

His defense hasn't been a problem this year.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
If Castro and Rizzo are gone for September this team isn't going to be a lot of fun to watch

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I was musing if they revisited the Hamel's trade this offseason and put together Castro, Wood and Jackson strait for Hamels. No cash exchange.

Then they move Baez to SS next year and shift Valbuena to 2B. Guess they could go with Olt at 3B until Bryant passes the super 2.

That way it frees then up to sign a LF this off season. Coghlan is not bad but I wouldn't trust him to sustain this years production. We are going thought this with Sweeney and Schierholtz falling in production after honestly no track record of such production.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Not sure that's a great idea. Baez needs to p rove that he has the ability to adjust before, the Cubs should really even think to trade Castro. Not to mention I highly doubt the Phillies ( A team loaded with bad contracts) want anything to do with Jackson. Not a whole lot in terms of LF in FA this year, and it is starting to sound like Bryant will begin at LF in AAA last season. Which means Valbuena will be the 3B for next season until Russell shakes things up

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was musing if they revisited the Hamel's trade this offseason and put together Castro, Wood and Jackson strait for Hamels. No cash exchange.

Then they move Baez to SS next year and shift Valbuena to 2B. Guess they could go with Olt at 3B until Bryant passes the super 2.

That way it frees then up to sign a LF this off season. Coghlan is not bad but I wouldn't trust him to sustain this years production. We are going thought this with Sweeney and Schierholtz falling in production after honestly no track record of such production.

what?!?! are you doing lines off the dashboard of your car? no way that is what the phils would take. wtf dude?

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Well I said it was a muse. Nothing well thought out.

Castro would be a plus due to age and cost control. He caps out at 16 mil.
Wood is neutral right now. 2 years of Arb left. Last year a all star who lost some command. He has a very good chance of rebounding.

Jackson is the lemon. Now I do not believe he is this bad of a pitcher. I have no idea why he has had poor results. His stuff is not bad. Almost feels like he is a bad Cub and could rebound.

Maybe he is trying too had to justify his contract. Shit got into his head.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Let's see here. Castro hitting .292. Replacement for next year currently hitting under.200 and striking out at a high rate. Trade isn't happening.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol, Bearspride and 2323 yall are some silly SOB's. The troll is strong in them to. Re read this whole convo. 2323 literally said nothing in all his post to the topic.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Lol, Bearspride and 2323 yall are some silly SOB's. The troll is strong in them to. Re read this whole convo. 2323 literally said nothing in all his post to the topic.
It's your fault. You didn't provide him with a high enough level of assurance that you are capable of comprehending his explanation. :D

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's your fault. You didn't provide him with a high enough level of assurance that you are capable of comprehending his explanation. :D

Yea, his one syllable words are a tough one to grasp.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Let's see here. Castro hitting .292. Replacement for next year currently hitting under.200 and striking out at a high rate. Trade isn't happening.

Baez is long term 2B.

Also do you really think he will never adjust?

Look over his minor league career and really be honest with that question. Because when the light turns on watch out.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
I don't know about you guys, but I'm just fine with the Cubs having a 24 year old-3 time all star shortstop on their roster. He hasn't even hit his prime yet either.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Month of August

.378 BA, .408 OBP, .510 SLG, .918 OPS

That line is the best month of hitting Castro has had in his career to date. He had a high slug and OPS in July of 2010 but overall this is his best line. I wonder if he just took the next step in hitting because he looks about as comfortable as you can look in a batters box.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Baez is long term 2B.
Of course. So trade of Castro this off-season is extremely unlikely.

Also do you really think he will never adjust?
I think he will, but I'm not trading Castro in the off-season to bank on production the first half of next season from him.

Look over his minor league career and really be honest with that question. Because when the light turns on watch out.
I've not suggested otherwise.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Month of August

.378 BA, .408 OBP, .510 SLG, .918 OPS

That line is the best month of hitting Castro has had in his career to date. He had a high slug and OPS in July of 2010 but overall this is his best line. I wonder if he just took the next step in hitting because he looks about as comfortable as you can look in a batters box.
And he was continuing to hit even after a lengthy bereavement leave/tragedy weighing heavily on his mind.