OT - Irsay fined $500k, barred from social media and suspended 6 games

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So if he makes a post on social media, he gets a lifetime ban right?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Ok. @I'mNotJimIrsay registered and ready to go. What's next?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Is he really that much of a social media nut? I would assume the 500k fine hurts him more.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok. @I'mNotJimIrsay registered and ready to go. What's next?

post-13204-1276289856.gif

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Is he really that much of a social media nut? I would assume the 500k fine hurts him more.

Actually I think having to shut his fat pie hole will hurt him more than anything.

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
How can they ban him from social media?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bearman 43

Liked Posts:
Actually I think having to shut his fat pie hole will hurt him more than anything.

Big freaking deal! Had that been a player it would have been a min. of 1yr suspension and the same fine. then a thorough evaluation from hitlerizim of goodell!

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
its equivalent to a normal working US citizen ($40,000) getting fined 13 dollars.

On Tuesday, Irsay pleaded guilty to impaired driving stemming from a March 16 arrest, and was given one year of probation and 60 days in jail, though 58 of those days are suspended and he was given two days credit for time served.

What's funny is that the NFL punished him more harshly than the "justice" system did.

I wonder how many years I'd spend in prison if I got pulled over high on oxy with a pocket full of pills and $29,000 in cash.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Banned from social media and games he can watch in his multi million dollar house? The agony!

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Banned from social media and games he can watch in his multi million dollar house? The agony!

For an ego maniac like that putting a muzzle on him is probably agony. He's the type of guy that would be obsessed over how many blue and green bars he had if he were a poster here.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
What's funny is that the NFL punished him more harshly than the "justice" system did.

I wonder how many years I'd spend in prison if I got pulled over high on oxy with a pocket full of pills and $29,000 in cash.

It's sad but money and fame will get you out of a lot more than the normal citizen. Any other person is an automatic suspension of licence also not him though.

Liked Posts:
Besides hiring hookers with coded messages how does banning Irsay from social media punish him?

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
They were ready to roll with their sanctions the instant the legal proceedings were over. Goodell had to keep this announcement as far away from the feel good story of opening night as possible. I'd be willing to bet the NFL sometimes regrets how deeply it has gotten into policing off the field conduct, and I wonder if things may look a little different when the next cba gets done?

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
They were ready to roll with their sanctions the instant the legal proceedings were over. Goodell had to keep this announcement as far away from the feel good story of opening night as possible. I'd be willing to bet the NFL sometimes regrets how deeply it has gotten into policing off the field conduct, and I wonder if things may look a little different when the next cba gets done?

I do think owners may be a little concerned that they gave him too much power. The next contract should be interesting. Irsay's a bit of a jackass, but I do think owners may believe they've created a monster to some extent.