Mannelly weighs in on Briggs

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
New sports radio host points to a development as something that could be a big problem!? zomg NOOOOO

lol

Anyone think we will remember Briggs missed half a practice 2 weeks from now? lolz

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
New sports radio host points to a development as something that could be a big problem!? zomg NOOOOO

lol

Anyone think we will remember Briggs missed half a practice 2 weeks from now? lolz

Well he could have simply said that Briggs being Briggs. That's just the type of guy he is. But since quotes released from Trestman seem to indicate Briggs didn't boer to mention what his plans were it seems there's a lot more to this story. I'm glad you're fine with a guy who quit on the last year and put on a bunch of weight just going out and doing his own thing, but this is likely a sign of something more.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lance knows his job and he probably wouldn't gain much by being there but after last year I would expect Lance to make this defense and ensuring they are ready for week 1 a priority. My only problem with Lance not being there is the communication between the starting LBs, CBs and safeties needs work every year. As the play caller on defense, on the first day of week one, I am disappointed his choice was to be elsewhere.

Is it a huge deal.. No, but it does speak to his priorities.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Well he could have simply said that Briggs being Briggs. That's just the type of guy he is. But since quotes released from Trestman seem to indicate Briggs didn't boer to mention what his plans were it seems there's a lot more to this story. I'm glad you're fine with a guy who quit on the last year and put on a bunch of weight just going out and doing his own thing, but this is likely a sign of something more.

Nice speculation there with no facts to back them up.

Oh, he quit on the team last year? He was in the top 10 in the NFL in stuff last year despite playing half of the season: http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/stuffs-and-stuff-yards/2013/

All this story is doing is revealing people's opinions on Lance Briggs. Those who like him see no problem with it. Those who have an issue with him are waving the red flag. I'm including myself in that group, of course.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Did Mannelley call Briggs the Michellen Man?

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice speculation there with no facts to back them up.

Oh, he quit on the team last year? He was in the top 10 in the NFL in stuff last year despite playing half of the season: http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/stuffs-and-stuff-yards/2013/

All this story is doing is revealing people's opinions on Lance Briggs. Those who like him see no problem with it. Those who have an issue with him are waving the red flag. I'm including myself in that group, of course.

I have always been a huge fan of Lance Briggs, and I do not like the idea of him missing practice this week.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I have always been a huge fan of Lance Briggs, and I do not like the idea of him missing practice this week.

Well then consider yourself the exception to the rule.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:

Same, I Have always been a fan of Briggs and have his jersey. I disagree with the timing of taking the day off.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well then consider yourself the exception to the rule.

Dont be so quick to paint everyone with a broad brush. Its fair to question this decision and still like Briggs the player.

Bones40

Liked Posts:
I've never liked Lance much, and I see no problem with him missing practice.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Dont be so quick to paint everyone with a broad brush. Its fair to question this decision and still like Briggs the player.

Yeah maybe my statement was a tad off.

But I'm sticking to the "not a big deal" stance and I also believe that the notion of Briggs quitting on the team last year is ridiculous.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
One thing for sure, everybody loves Lance Briggs when he scores offensive touchdowns.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
What fucktard said he quit on the team last year?

When you answer that question then ask yourself why you would bother to give it any credence.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Meh. Shouldn't do it, but like someone else said: Lance has always been about Lance.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Meh. Shouldn't do it, but like someone else said: Lance has always been about Lance.

Genuinely curious: where does this narrative come from? This is the first I've heard of it.

I'm not saying Lance is some perfect model of a selfless teammate, but I also haven't heard about him being the opposite of that.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I love the speculation on all of this shit.

Honestly, the guy has been a staple on defense for years. For all we know Lance Briggs might have gone up to Trestman months ago and asked if he could have this day off since he was opening the restaurant and Trestman might have said 'Sure, if you are ready for opening day I'm fine with it.'

I really think that Mannely is talking out of his blowhole here. He has no idea whether this was something that was prearranged far in advance or not. He asked for the day off, Trestman didn't think it was a big deal letting him go. I'm sure pissing Briggs off by telling him no probably would be good for team morale too. Maybe the message is 'If you do your job and are ready for Sunday then maybe I'll cut you some slack.'

Newblood

Liked Posts:
What fucktard said he quit on the team last year?

When you answer that question then ask yourself why you would bother to give it any credence.

Biff making up an antagonist to buoy his feeble statements? I don't believe it!

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Genuinely curious: where does this narrative come from? This is the first I've heard of it.

I'm not saying Lance is some perfect model of a selfless teammate, but I also haven't heard about him being the opposite of that.

Reading the original article kinda helps my point. He just is who he is. I can never really tell where Briggs stands lol. But he definitely always seems more about money/Lance first. Just like majority of guys, I'm sure. But it is interesting and odd he left to Cali on opening season week. Even more that a respected Player such as Pat would have an opinion of calling him out; which he definitely did.