Mannelly weighs in on Briggs

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I love the speculation on all of this shit.

Honestly, the guy has been a staple on defense for years. For all we know Lance Briggs might have gone up to Trestman months ago and asked if he could have this day off since he was opening the restaurant and Trestman might have said 'Sure, if you are ready for opening day I'm fine with it.'

I really think that Mannely is talking out of his blowhole here. He has no idea whether this was something that was prearranged far in advance or not. He asked for the day off, Trestman didn't think it was a big deal letting him go. I'm sure pissing Briggs off by telling him no probably would be good for team morale too. Maybe the message is 'If you do your job and are ready for Sunday then maybe I'll cut you some slack.'
Yeah... Don't think I'm with ya on that my man.

If anyone would be a damn good amount of info about the Bears, it would Definetly be Pat

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Yeah maybe my statement was a tad off.

But I'm sticking to the "not a big deal" stance and I also believe that the notion of Briggs quitting on the team last year is ridiculous.

Did you see how he played after he came back from his injury? Did you see the weight he put on? He quit.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Reading the original article kinda helps my point. He just is who he is. I can never really tell where Briggs stands lol. But he definitely always seems more about money/Lance first. Just like majority of guys, I'm sure. But it is interesting and odd he left to Cali on opening season week. Even more that a respected Player such as Pat would have an opinion of calling him out; which he definitely did.

Nothing in that story tells me anything about Briggs' personality being "me-first." This just tells me Mannelly's opinion on the subject. So, again, where does this narrative come from?

He cleared it with the team three weeks ago. How do you know he wasn't reading the gameplan on his iPad during the entire flight out there? Granted, I don't know that he was doing that, either. But I'm also not on here turning a former teammate's opinion into speculation.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Nothing in that story tells me anything about Briggs' personality being "me-first." This just tells me Mannelly's opinion on the subject. So, again, where does this narrative come from?

He cleared it with the team three weeks ago. How do you know he wasn't reading the gameplan on his iPad during the entire flight out there? Granted, I don't know that he was doing that, either. But I'm also not on here turning a former teammate's opinion into speculation.
Very valid points. Just my opinion, and someone who played with the organization for 16 years and was Lances teammate for what? 11 of those years?

If Pat calls his ass out, well I think it's fair to assume it wouldn't/isn't sitting well with some guys.just my opinion man

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well he could have simply said that Briggs being Briggs. That's just the type of guy he is. But since quotes released from Trestman seem to indicate Briggs didn't boer to mention what his plans were it seems there's a lot more to this story. I'm glad you're fine with a guy who quit on the last year and put on a bunch of weight just going out and doing his own thing, but this is likely a sign of something more.

Briggs quit last year?

I think if we kept a biff journal we would be able to figure out when he takes his meds and when they are beginning to wear off.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
dude is just planning for when he's done with the NFL, which will be next year. he can take off a day without missing anything. and it was planned. no biggie.

keep-calm-and-bear-down-112.png

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Glad Lance gets to see everyone's opinion here. I'm sure he gives a shit and will apologize next week

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well he could have simply said that Briggs being Briggs. That's just the type of guy he is. But since quotes released from Trestman seem to indicate Briggs didn't boer to mention what his plans were it seems there's a lot more to this story. I'm glad you're fine with a guy who quit on the last year and put on a bunch of weight just going out and doing his own thing, but this is likely a sign of something more.

"Trestman said Monday that Briggs received permission three weeks ago for the off day."
Still building windmills I see.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love the speculation on all of this shit.

Honestly, the guy has been a staple on defense for years. For all we know Lance Briggs might have gone up to Trestman months ago and asked if he could have this day off since he was opening the restaurant and Trestman might have said 'Sure, if you are ready for opening day I'm fine with it.'

I really think that Mannely is talking out of his blowhole here. He has no idea whether this was something that was prearranged far in advance or not. He asked for the day off, Trestman didn't think it was a big deal letting him go. I'm sure pissing Briggs off by telling him no probably would be good for team morale too. Maybe the message is 'If you do your job and are ready for Sunday then maybe I'll cut you some slack.'

Every article I've read on the matter said it was three weeks ago, so there's zero speculation on that. In the link posted in the OP: "Trestman said Monday that Briggs received permission three weeks ago for the off day."

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't live in Illinois, I'm not privy to the latest news. I read nothing out here about it, nor did I see anything in the thread about it so I was just tossing out possibilities.

So that really proves my point, that he went to Trestman weeks earlier (ok, not months, as I said I was postulating) and got permission.

It isn't like Trestman just said 'Practice Tuesday!' and Briggs said, 'Nah man, I got this thing I gotta do.'

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I don't live in Illinois, I'm not privy to the latest news. I read nothing out here about it, nor did I see anything in the thread about it so I was just tossing out possibilities.

So that really proves my point, that he went to Trestman weeks earlier (ok, not months, as I said I was postulating) and got permission.

It isn't like Trestman just said 'Practice Tuesday!' and Briggs said, 'Nah man, I got this thing I gotta do.'

He asked for the date and was excused. I think it's likely he'll perform better than his restaurant, but I'll be rooting for him in both regards. I don't think I'd look for bbq in California. More of a seafood place.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He asked for the date and was excused. I think it's likely he'll perform better than his restaurant, but I'll be rooting for him in both regards. I don't think I'd look for bbq in California. More of a seafood place.

I have to agree although if I lived there eventually I would want some good BBQ. Not saying that Brigg's restaurant is or isn't good BBQ but a steady diet of In and Out Burgers, as good as they are, would get old.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I have to agree although if I lived there eventually I would want some good BBQ. Not saying that Brigg's restaurant is or isn't good BBQ but a steady diet of In and Out Burgers, as good as they are, would get old.

Wherever you end up, you'd like a good smokehouse. I wonder how successful it will be is all. I'd be looking for fresh salmon pretty soon if I lived in California.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:

You really think Trestman didn't know? cmon son