Official NBA 2k Thread

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;4r3BQkcpFzw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r3BQkcpFzw#aid=P9LY6oAXunQ[/video]

The game comes out in about a month and I'm more than ready to get rid of that shitty excuse for a game that is 2k14. I just hope they have fixed many of the flaws that made the last game hard to play.

Here are some new features/things removed:

-Charge cheese is gone

- 1-3-1 zone has been removed

-Ratings system has been overhauled...no CURRENT player is at a 99 in this game(yes even LeBron) and there are only 4 players over a 90 at launch

-New MyLEAGUE mode added(it's excluse for PS4 and Xbox One)

That's most of what I could find so far. The dribbling in this years game had better be fixed, I would constantly get ripped against HOF bigs with players like Rose and LeBron. I remember Kenneth Faried ripped LeBron in a mygm game and took it all the way. The passing in 2k14 was utterly ridiculous, SO many unforced turnovers. Guys throwing it into the 10th row of the crowd when the guy your passing to is 3 feet beside you. Plus I just felt like MYGM on HOF was no fun at all. Don't get me wrong I want a challenge but at that difficulty you can rarely ever pass because half the time you do, it gets deflected.

Your bigs will often leave the lane wide open for dunks/layups, you constantly miss excellent release wide open 3s while a CPU can make ridiculously contested ones over and over again. The rebounding for the user also blows, I had signed K Love in FA and was forced to trade him because he was such a horrendous rebounder. He would be wide open for a rebound and on countless occasions it would hit him in the hands and go either out of bounds or to the opposing team. Through the 20 games I had him he was averaging 2 boards :shrug:

Overall I just hope the experience is a lot better.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If they get rid of the cheese (zig zag, charge, up and under, etc) it'll be a much better experience. Rebounding has been a huge pet peeve of mine in these games and I always find myself messing with the sliders to get it so that my players actually get rebounds. I've also had issues with the passing...sometimes it's legitimately my fault but a lot of times the HOF CPU just phases through your players to get steals. I turned down their play passing lanes slider to deal with it.

Funny thing about the CPU making contested 3s, I began to not contest those 3s and they actually missed more of them than when I contested. Hilarious...but bad.

I'm expecting a better game this year. Not perfect, but better.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Something hilarious about the 1-3-1 zone too...it never worked against the CPU...ever

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
I'm hoping the defense get's overhauled. I can't tell you how frustrating it is to keep up with the CPU when they're shooting over 60% every game.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm hoping the defense get's overhauled. I can't tell you how frustrating it is to keep up with the CPU when they're shooting over 60% every game.
My games on default settings and sliders usually had me and the CPU shooting well over 60% on HOF. It was ridiculous. Simulation sliders helped a little, but it was basically just 50+% both ways so not much different. Had to modify the sliders manually to get it down to below 50% on average. What's funny is how defensive stats would still accumulate with everyone shooting 60% or more. Shotblockers still got their blocks, steals still happened all the time (perhaps why the percentages were so high in the first place), the only thing was there were no rebounds to grab (obviously). You'd get games with 40 rebounds combined.

Thing is, when you lower the sliders you find yourself missing open jumpers. Seems like the happy medium is yet to be found.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
2K is doing the same thing that EA has done for years. Repackage the same engine forever. Sure, every year there are improvements, but I don't consider anything with 2K15 to be special enough, to warrant buying it.

Hate to say it, because I hate EA. But if I buy an NBA game this year, I'm leaning towards Live 15. And you can go back and check my history. I've been on the 2K bus in this debate for almost 10 years now.

BTW, Official in the thread title. It's not an official thread. Just saying. :cookiemonster:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
2k is becoming like NBA Live, because NBA LIve is dead and 2k now has ZERO competition. Its a huge problem in the video game world now a days.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm getting 2k15 just so I can get some new chises and stuff going with updated rosters and somewhat improved mechanics. I did like a few adjustments they made to defense in 2k14 from 2k15 so I'll deal with the rather nonexistent wholesale improvements for now.

Also I'm gonna be doing a Doug McDermott CAL (that mode still exists right) for the lolz.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Apparently they're doing some sort of facial scan on next gen for mycareer. Sorta like what they had for UFC I'm guessing. Their demo for it looked pretty good, but who knows how it'll turn out. Still, beats making your own face from scratch.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Plenty of glitches to start the year again. Even the PS3 servers were crap for awhile. Of course, now that I turn the game off it tells me that the servers are back online at full functionality. I guess I can go check later. The PS3 version of the game is basically 2k14 with roster updates, which is what I expected. I think once the servers are back up a few more things will work properly.

Next gen MyCareer story looks pretty good from what I've seen.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Servers are laughable. The gameplay itself is pretty solid. Was able to destroy a guy online without really knowing the ins and outs of the mechanics of the game. I'm not sure I like the new shot feedback thing on the player icon circle thing, but I can see how it's somewhat useful. Once they fix their server issues, the game should be solid.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is easily the best basketball game ever made. It's not the best sports title of the year (That goes to FIFA) but a really great title.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Used to only buy sports games. Got into Call of Duty and stop buying sports games. Now, Im tired of Call of Duty. So, I just ordered NBA2K15. I havent played or owned a basketball game since like Shaq with the Lakers. lol Hope I made a good decision.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Used to only buy sports games. Got into Call of Duty and stop buying sports games. Now, Im tired of Call of Duty. So, I just ordered NBA2K15. I havent played or owned a basketball game since like Shaq with the Lakers. lol Hope I made a good decision.
Imo the gameplay is great. It's just the random online server issues that annoy me. Of course, if you've been picky with the 2k engine, you may be less satisfied, but you obviously won't have that issue. The game is leaps and bounds better than anything you've ever played.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Imo the gameplay is great. It's just the random online server issues that annoy me. Of course, if you've been picky with the 2k engine, you may be less satisfied, but you obviously won't have that issue. The game is leaps and bounds better than anything you've ever played.

I don't play online ever so the server stuff isnt an issue for me

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't play online ever so the server stuff isnt an issue for me
I rarely do either, but I haven't been getting the vc payouts for playing games so that's what the main issue is for me there. It's not really a huge deal I guess because since I'm not on the next gen systems, there's no real point in me dumping vc into mycareer. MyTeam probably is the same as it was in 2k13 so not much going on there either. It's just an annoyance where I should be getting something for playing the games but then I don't. Plus it makes the loading times much longer because it's searching for a connection to the server that it won't find and it does it on almost any type of loading screen.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So, I got the game. I have some beefs. I havent played one in so long I know I am going to be not the greates but the CPU rebounding is dumb. I have my big guys getting out jumped by smaller guys. Vince Carter played against me like he was MJ in his prime. Hitting 3's and blowing past guys like they were standing in mud. It was frustrating. Game is sick though. I also have problems passing. I move my joystick to the area I want to pass but sometimes they will just chuck it through the middle and get picked off for no reason. Any tips for a novice like me?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So, I got the game. I have some beefs. I havent played one in so long I know I am going to be not the greates but the CPU rebounding is dumb. I have my big guys getting out jumped by smaller guys. Vince Carter played against me like he was MJ in his prime. Hitting 3's and blowing past guys like they were standing in mud. It was frustrating. Game is sick though. I also have problems passing. I move my joystick to the area I want to pass but sometimes they will just chuck it through the middle and get picked off for no reason. Any tips for a novice like me?
Rebounding has been a consistent issue in 2k for years...you have to mess with the sliders for that one. As for passing, the regular directional passing does have some issues like what you described. I like icon passing better to eliminate that possibility. That way, if I mess up a pass, it's because I mess up a pass. CPU does like to jump the passing lanes though, so be wary of that. Defense is just something you have to get used to. The CPU does seem to make a lot of 3s though. If you do simulation sliders, they'll make less so long as you're not leaving them open all the time.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rebounding has been a consistent issue in 2k for years...you have to mess with the sliders for that one. As for passing, the regular directional passing does have some issues like what you described. I like icon passing better to eliminate that possibility. That way, if I mess up a pass, it's because I mess up a pass. CPU does like to jump the passing lanes though, so be wary of that. Defense is just something you have to get used to. The CPU does seem to make a lot of 3s though. If you do simulation sliders, they'll make less so long as you're not leaving them open all the time.

Thanks for the tips. Trying to work my way up to play online. I dont like to lose. lol Oh and KD shooting is pretty amazing. Also, I love some of the old school teams. They have some of my favorite teams of all time. The mid 90's Supersonics. The Magic with Shaq and Penny. The 76er's with AI. These were teams I loved watching when I was young.
s's

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
2K has a poor concept of object interactive model area. Or in lay terms, the way players use the space they are in. All of it is pre-animated, and you really don't control much, other that movement and when to start and stop certain animations. Unlike the older sports games where users had more control, but the gameplay was less realistic.

I made a 9'12" center once with max rebound and dunking settings(hacks, possible with console as well as PC). Did not rebound, did not block, did not dunk, ever. All his shots were getting blocked. It was actually pretty funny. What was even better, was when the flop feature worked, and he would clip through all of the other models.

I also made a 2'1" center once with max rebounding, dunking, blocking settings, and damn. That guy not only looked hilarious, but would make the craziest alley-oops. Since 2K15 uses the same engine with minor tweaks and a lot more interface adjustments than anything else(over the last 7 games), you could still mess with these settings in nearly the same method.