Anyone else think Russell Wilson is overrated?

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Russell Wilson is turning into a stud & would gladly have him at QB over the mediocre "franchise QB" here.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Russell Wilson is turning into a stud & would gladly have him at QB over the mediocre "franchise QB" here.

Always so serious!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Don't Care

CCS Jesus
Liked Posts:
Just think if Rex Grossman was drafted onto this Seattle team...

OnemanWolfpack

Liked Posts:
What do all great QBs have in common? System continuity and a solid supporting cast. No one does it alone. Russell Wilson is a fine player. I don't think anyone has over rated him just yet. He deserves all the accolades he has received to this point. He extends plays, makes smart decisions, and he makes plays when his team needs him. Hard to ask anything more out of a 3rd year QB.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I did some homework into Russell Wilson before the season because I planned to grab him as a late rounder in my fantasy draft to combat the guys taking quarterbacks too early.

He's never been lower than 11th in the league in fantasy points, and he's been 7th and 13th the last two years in QBR. He gets a good amount of yards combined on the ground and in the air, and since he's so much of a ground threat, he also opens things up on the goal line.

I think those are all major pluses.

Personally, I'd gladly take him as my franchise quarterback. Would you revoke my Bears fan card if I said I believe he is consistently better than Cutler and always will be? (Love you, Cutty!)

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Wilson is a top 10 QB in the league

Manning
Rodgers
Brees
Brady
Luck

Tier 2

Rivers
Romo
Wilson
Flacco?
Roethlisberger
Ryan

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
I am not saying he isn't a good player, but I would like to see how Wilson fares without the best defense in the league, a top tier running game and one of the best coaching staffs in the league.

A great defense and running back are a QB's best friends, and that is what RW has. Rw doesn't have to put the team on his back, he only throws the ball 25 times a game, one of the lowest in the league. 32nd ranked in the league in yards per game.

I watched him last night and I wasn't amazed by his play. Seattle had 177 yards on the ground between their running backs and harvin. That makes it much easier for a QB.

It depends on what you're looking at. I don't think he'll ever be capable of being a top 5 NFL qb. I think Kaepernick has far more talent than Wilson. Having said, as bearmick said, he does a fantastic job of knowing his limits. I wouldn't call him an all-pro as some announcers over react to. To me, if he wasn't mobile, he'd be a game manager +. But, his ability to scramble adds an extra element and allows his team to move the ball much more efficiently.

I do think that if you put him on the Packers, the Packers would have a losing record.

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
not at all..i don't think anyone is putting him up there with the brees, rodgers, and mannings or bradys

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
During the game they posted a graphic which showed his QBR both in the pocket and out of the pocket. He was nearly 101 for both. Only Manning has a QBR where his QBR is 101 both in and out of the pocket.

Wilson is not over-rated at all. Because he doesn't turn the ball over much I would rate him above Luck at this point.

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
This is the same kind of criticism Kaepernick gets too, but it's not deserved, imo. RW takes care of the ball, makes smart decisions and efficient throws. He does what's required of him to win. Why would you want to air it out for 300 yards every game when you don't have to? If you aren't hurting your team by turning the ball over or stalling drives with poor throws, there's nothing wrong with throwing only when necessary.

Quality over quantity.

Do you think if the Seahawks were averaging 2 yards a carry and their defense was giving up 20 points a game that Wilson could come through and win the Seahawks games? I don't think he would. But at this point the Seahawks do not need anything more than what Wilson can do and he fits their system and runs it well. I couldn't not put him in the top 10 because of the fact that I don't think he could carry the team if everything else around him wasn't working.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is really the Tom Brady argument all over again. Before he had elite WRs, the Pats D and efficient play from the QB is what brought them their SB titles. Then when Brady was given weapons in the passing game he put up gaudy numbers.

That's what I see in Wilson. He does what he is asked to do which may not be as much as other QBs but it doesn't mean he doesn't have the ability to do more. He simply doesn't have to right now and is smart enough not to be upset about that fact or try to prove something to someone.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
Everybody bringing up stats. Those stats would not be as good if he was on a team that forces him to go out there and win it. It's already proven in this league that if you got a top flight defense you can with it. Big Ben twice, Eli twice, the list is so long it's crazy. Yes the Giants defense was the sheazy during the play off run. Brady knows.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
The thing about Wilson is he is not really a conventional QB. I don't think you can just plug him in and play. His coaches are incorporating a LOT of college stuff that is working. Work with what you got and be happy. Tell you what, if the Bears had the Seahawks defense we would be prohibitive favorites.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
To answer the OP's question........

[video=youtube;-cDAqrywsHE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cDAqrywsHE[/video]

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Everybody bringing up stats. Those stats would not be as good if he was on a team that forces him to go out there and win it. It's already proven in this league that if you got a top flight defense you can with it. Big Ben twice, Eli twice, the list is so long it's crazy. Yes the Giants defense was the sheazy during the play off run. Brady knows.

This is not fact. If he was forced to go out and win it his efficiency may go down but he would still put up numbers because he would be throwing the ball more.

I don't see any glaring flaws in his game so not sure why people think he couldn't handle more.

The system allows him to do more with less but it also doesn't allow him to do things he is probably capable of.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
This is not fact. If he was forced to go out and win it his efficiency may go down but he would still put up numbers because he would be throwing the ball more.

I don't see any glaring flaws in his game so not sure why people think he couldn't handle more.

The system allows him to do more with less but it also doesn't allow him to do things he is probably capable of.

I don't think he's limited at all. That offense incorporated a lot of his running abilities and getting into space. Let's
put it another way. Do you think Wilson would thrive playing under Mike Martz and Mike Tice and some of the past offensive personnel Cutler endured?

RisWell

Liked Posts:

Any decent QB on a team built like that can be that efficient. Russell isn't doing anything special over there except not turning the ball over. When that defense isn't around anymore and Russell is forced to win it with his arm and take more chances he won't be so turn over free. He always plays with a lead and thanks to a running game he is always in 3rd and short.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Agreed. Wilson could have thrown his last td blindfolded it was so easy.