NBA Power Rankings

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Actually, no. While I realize I haven't been here too long, I've responded to quite a few posters here. Most have been pretty cool, even when having a different opinion. Only two posters took the time to insult me. YOU and Firsttimer. FT responded to me once after asking a legit question with "You're not so bright". Don't know for sure if he is a regular at that so I hold on to it was not his usual behavior, I hope. YOU on the other hand ......

:umud:

You were insulted by the only two posters who happen to disagree with you... imagine that.

Papa Wheelie

Liked Posts:
We'll know soon enough what kind of Bulls team this is, but there are too many unknowns with all the first time players who haven't logged an official minute in the NBA yet.

You mean all 3 of them. The Bulls have 3 players that haven't logged a NBA minute. Mirotic, the Best Euro player, McD, the best College scorer, and Bairstow, who is fighting for the 13th roster spot. No offense, but I think your negativity is clouding your ability to be objective a little bit.

Papa Wheelie

Liked Posts:
:umud:

You were insulted by the only two posters who happen to disagree with you... imagine that.

I can see that you are just an internet antagonist. Sorry, my time is worth more than that. Please don't bother responding to me in the future as I've figured out how to put the worthless posters on ignore. Good luck to you!

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's called a figure of speech. The Cavs can't get any worse than they've been since LeBron bounced, so making the assumption that this new coach will "struggle" because it's his first gig in the NBA is more than wishful thinking. They have veteran players, a talented starting five, decent bench and LeBron who is an excellent player coach. They'll be alright. Bulls fans have much more to worry about than Cavs fans do at the moment.

We'll know soon enough what kind of Bulls team this is, but there are too many unknowns with all the first time players who haven't logged an official minute in the NBA yet.

Those veteran players not named LeBron or Anderson Varejao all come off of the bench. Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving, Dion Waiters, and Tristan Thompson have all logged 0 playoff minutes.

Here are all of the Bulls' serviceable players who have played in the playoffs:

Noah
Gasol, Gibson
Butler
Dunleavy
Rose, Brooks, Hinrich

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess you're just another internet thug slinging insults on a Bulls forum. How mature. Spo's stats are actually pretty good in the NBA.

I would hope they would be. HE WAS JUST THE COACH OF THE MIAMI HEAT. Mike Brown was a shit coach and had a "pretty good record" too coaching Lebron James.
However, you suggested that Blatt is better than Spo (see your above post)
No, you dolt. Someone else implied Blatt was better than Spo. Rami than asked a stupid question and I have a smart ass response.

You're lost.

Papa Wheelie

Liked Posts:
I would hope they would be. HE WAS JUST THE COACH OF THE MIAMI HEAT. Mike Brown was a shit coach and had a "pretty good record" too coaching Lebron James.

No, you dolt. Someone else implied Blatt was better than Spo. Rami than asked a stupid question and I have a smart ass response.

You're lost.

I see, Now I'm a dolt and I'm lost.... So let me get this straight, you gave Rami a smartass comment for something someone else implied? The fact that Spo's stats were pretty good means he did his job. That means he did what he was supposed to do fielding a team with Lebron, as you say.

Even though Spo did his job, and had the good stats, he STILL couldn't bring the team together enough the 1st year to win it all. That was pretty much Rami's point, right, to which you gave your ignorant smartass answer. His point was how long would it take Blatt to bring the team together enough to win it all.

So if you think about it, with Spo doing his job and still not able to win right away, the probability of Blatt coming in and winning right away is not great, especially with no coaching experience in the NBA, and not near the defensive talent the Heat brought to the table.

So really, your point, or smartass answer, was kind of ridiculous when you think about it. NOTHING shows that Blatt will do a better job than Spo did with Lebron. Spo did everything he was supposed to do AND STILL COULDN'T WIN RIGHT AWAY.

So I ask you, can you give me any intelligent reason why Blatt can do a better job than Spo did, or are you just another internet tough guy slinging insults towards smarter posters that have a different opinions than you?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Don't worry about them. If you disagree, they go on attack mode. It's been taken care of.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stein's Power Rankings just came out:

San Antonio
62-20
Back-to-back titles are the only prize to elude the Spurs during their past 18 magical seasons. Pop surely will downplay their repeat chances as loudly as anyone, but I'll go ahead and pass on writing 'em off after the whole title team came back, and East teams made most of the splashy upgrades.
Cleveland
33-49
When several teams enjoy big summers and you are still the clear-cut champs of the offseason -- without having to surrender your East membership -- you tempt the committee (of one) to break its own rules and put LeBron's new team ahead of everyone. Even the defending champs.
Chicago
48-34
Has the conversation changed at last? Instead of all that fretting about Derrick Rose surviving his Team USA summer, Bulls fans have to be hopeful now about how much rust he's already chipped off. OK, OK: Maybe they don't have to be optimistic. But I'd argue that they should be.
Los Angeles
57-25
The Clippers obviously rank as another big offseason winner simply by finally swapping Donald Sterling for Steve Ballmer. Now we'll find out how much inspiration the team can really draw from The Donald's departure ... and how patient Ballmer is if his team can't rise above No. 3 in the West.
Oklahoma City
59-23
The Thunder aren't known for fervent free-agent pitches, but they went hard after Pau Gasol. Have to confess we spent a fair bit of the summer imagining what Pau might have done for KD, Russ and Serge, who still sit on the short list of true title contenders if all three stay healthy.
Dallas
49-33
The Mavs had the splashiest summer of any team in the West thanks to the signing of Chandler Parsons and re-acquisition of Tyson Chandler. Yet those moves merely remind you how crazy deep the conference is, because Dallas can't be sure if it did enough to return to the top four.
Golden State
51-31
Steve Kerr will be the coach who takes Golden State to a third successive playoff berth for the first time since Al Attles way back in the mid-1970s. But that'll be the easy part for Kerr, whose crew might have a ceiling of fourth in the West even if everything goes right post-Mark Jackson.
Portland
54-28
Knowing LaMarcus Aldridge intends to re-sign in the summer for the long term has to give the Blazers great comfort. In the short term, though, great challenges await, given the questions that remain about the Blazers' bench and the stiff competition everywhere you look in the West.
Washington
44-38
I can already hear the various jittery Wiz fans I know cursing me for raising expectations. Sorry, guys. I happen to think Paul Pierce has a fair bit left -- and this group's young stars could certainly use the guidance -- and I rightfully expect more from Wall/Beal/Gortat/Nene.
Toronto
48-34
ESPN Forecast-ers had trouble choosing between the Raps and Wiz for No. 3 in the East. The Wiz get the slight edge here, but Toronto feels understandably good about its prospects after comfortably re-signing Kyle Lowry and seeing productive World Cup trips for DeMar DeRozan and Jonas Valanciunas.
Memphis
50-32
The Grizz joined the Heat/Spurs/Thunder/Clips on the short list of teams that won 50-plus games in each of the past two seasons. I suspect they'll get there again, with no lack of interest here with all those lefties they have, but I also see Marc Gasol's free agency encroaching upon on-court matters.
Houston
54-28
After home-run acquisitions of Harden and Howard, Houston found out how painful swinging for the fences can be, losing Parsons, Asik and Lin in well-chronicled gambles. The pain, however, won't necessarily last long, thanks to the cap room looming for some more big swings come July.
Charlotte
43-39
They reacquired their treasured old nickname. They landed Lance Stephenson on a bargain deal after missing out on Gordon Hayward. And they even heard Steph Curry say he'll always keep the idea of a Charlotte homecoming in his thoughts somewhere. Quite a summer for the Hornets.
Phoenix
48-34
Before all of this week's biz, I feared Phoenix was due for a crash thanks to all of the uncertainty about its stars' future. Let's see if the late flourish to secure Eric Bledsoe -- plus Zoran Dragic to make brother Goran happy -- can preserve enough of last season's crucial harmony and chemistry.
Miami
54-28
It's a good thing that The Franchise That Lost LeBron still has Erik Spoelstra. Someone as sharp as Spo will be needed to try to make a team out of all those names (Bosh, Wade, Deng, McRoberts and Granger) that sound fairly imposing but don't necessarily snap together so ideally.
Atlanta
38-44
It would be so much better to be focused here on Al Horford's comeback. Or the fact that the Southeast Division is suddenly so wide open. Unfortunately, that's not going to be possible with the Danny Ferry cloud and sale-related uncertainty hovering over the franchise. Not for a while.
New Orleans
34-48
Not quite ready to anoint the Pelicans as playoff material, even with a healthy Jrue Holiday and Ryan Anderson, but they'll be in the running for Best Team You'll Never See status. After nine ESPN games in 16 days with Team USA, Anthony Davis gets just two on ESPN and TNT this season.
New York
37-45
Melo wouldn't dare sign for $120-plus million and miss the playoffs again, would he? Last season was his first ever out of the playoffs and, like it or not, he's undoubtedly at risk for two in a row while he and rookie coach Derek Fisher wait for Phil Jackson's first cap-space summer in July 2015.
Brooklyn
44-38
In Year 5 of the Mikhail Prokhorov regime, which he openly hoped would deliver a championship in five years or less, Brooklyn just wants to hang on as a playoff team until it has cap space to play with in 2016. 'Til then? Everything hinges on big comebacks by Brook Lopez and Deron Williams.
Indiana
56-26
The proud Pacers will try to make the playoffs even after letting Lance Stephenson go and then losing Paul George in the most stomach-turning manner. Of course, since Indy resides in the East, it's not like there's a wide variety of options. You can only sink so far in that conference.
Denver
36-46
One of the bigger surprises to me, from a summer spent with Team USA, was hearing Kenneth Faried say he didn't think his voice carried as much weight with the Nuggets as it did under Coach K. Have to believe that'll change now even with Gallinari, JaVale and Arron Afflalo all back.
Detroit
29-53
Early reviews of Stan Van Gundy's front-office work have been mixed after Detroit's big-money splash on Jodie Meeks and the Greg Monroe saga. There's no doubt, though, that the man can coach. So you bet on SVG to make a flawed roster look less flawed once the games start.
Los Angeles
27-55
Lakers Haters are advised to enjoy this season, because there's every chance they'll reload in free agency sooner rather than later. In the interim, I plan to be mesmerized by what happens when you add Boozer, J-Lin, Ed Davis and Julius Randle to Swaggy P, Nash and a comebacking Kobe.
Minnesota
40-42
The Wolves have much more to work with post-Kevin Love than they did post-KG. But the only two active players left from Minnesota's last playoff game -- Kobe and KG himself on (gulp) May 31, 2004 -- are sure to be retired by the time Andrew Wiggins has 'em back in the postseason.
Sacramento
28-54
We have 25 more weeks of rankings to nitpick the progress (or lack thereof) Sacramento is making toward halting an eight-season playoff drought. One more hat-tip for Boogie Cousins seems more appropriate today, after that Team USA title game showed what sort of force he can be.
Boston
25-57
Will they? Or won't they? Are they keeping Rajon Rondo? Or trading him? One certainty amid all the questions: Danny Ainge's Celts will be newsy all season, no matter how ragged they get on the floor, given all the assets besides Rondo they're stockpiling for their next KG-style blockbuster.
Milwaukee
15-67
This time a year ago, so many pundits wondered how Jason Kidd would fare coaching a win-now team filled with thirtysomethings. This committee, by contrast, is struggling far more trying to picture how he holds up nursing Jabari, Giannis & Co. through the inevitable growing pains.
Orlando
23-59
The new season starts with the same question asked here in April: Don't the Magic, for all their youth, have to make some sort of step in 2014-15? The vet additions of note were modest -- Channing Frye, Ben Gordon, Luke Ridnour -- but it can't be easy selling another win total in the 20s.
Utah
25-57
Don't know if Trey Burke and Dante Exum can play together. Don't know if Gordon Hayward will have any more help offensively than he did last season. All we know for sure about this Jazz in this embryonic state: Quin Snyder is Coach K's first former player to become an NBA head coach.
Philadelphia
19-63
If you've ever wondered how much angry noise would have greeted the 9-73 Sixers of 1972-73 had they been playing in the Twitter age, you need only follow the 2014-15 Sixers. They're bound to be blasted even louder than last season as they openly chase the No. 1 overall pick again.

I am not sure why Denver is ranked so low. They have a similar roster that won 57 games in 2012-13 (except: instead of Iguodala, they have Afflalo back; instead of Koufos, they have Hickson).

Miami is too low.

And also, Stein has the Bulls ranked 3rd while I have them ranked 6th. I personally ranked the Bulls lower than someone with no discernible bias towards them. That is my argument towards my case that I am not a :homer:

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I edited my rankings:

1. Spurs
2. Thunder
3. Clippers
4. Blazers
5. Warriors
6. Bulls
7. Cavs
8. Mavs
9. Nuggets
10. Heat
11. Grizzlies
12. Rockets
13. Pelicans
14. Wizards
15. Raptors
16. Suns (pushed them ahead a little bit. still think they will be worse off without Frye)
17. Nets
18. Hornets
19. T-Wolves (I decided that 17th was a little too high)
20. Knicks
21. Hawks
22. Celtics (moved over Kings)
23. Kings
24. Pistons
25. Lakers (moved over Pacers)
26. Pacers
27. Bucks
28. Magic
29. Jazz
30. Sixers

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thoughts:

I was definitely too high on Denver. Especially with Gallinari and Hickson coming back fresh from long ACL injuries.

Definitely was too high on the Knicks (and I wasn't even that high on them...)

Too low on Atlanta.

Maybe a little low on Toronto and Washington.

Maybe too low on the Kings.

Too low on the Bucks.

Too high on the T-Wolves.

Too high on the Heat.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Based off power to win this season (not necessarily "right now"). Basically, it is my order of which teams are poised to be most "powerful" come playoff time.

1. Spurs - can't bet against them
2. Thunder - can't bet against them (unless against the Spurs)
3. Warriors - improved on both sides of ball under Kerr and found use of Draymond Green.
4. Clippers - too much talent to sleep on them
5. Mavs - not far from the talent level that got them to the title in '11
6. Blazers - better than the team that beat up Houston in the 1st round
7. Grizzlies - nice improvement offensively
8. Rockets - Corey Brewer will help their chances; front-court depth is issue
9. Bulls - Butler, Gasol are surpassing expectations; will Rose, Noah get to where they need to be?
10. Cavs - inconsistent so far; playoff experience and lack-of-quality shot-blockers are issues
11. Wizards - will Paul Pierce be enough to get them to the Finals (is he upgrade from Ariza)?
12. Raptors - this group hasn't won a playoff series yet - can't say they are the best in the East yet.
13. Pelicans - likely the odd team on in the West playoff picture.
14. Suns - too many guards on the floor at once?
15. Hawks - Horford is back to his former self
16. Heat - McBob out; trouble in South Beach
17. Kings - Can be a formidable bunch, but F.O. decision-making and coaching is now a question
18. Nuggets - a lot of depth and great starting backcourt but can they put a run together in the loaded West?
19. Nets - Lopez, D-Will can't seem to stay healthy; 1st round exit seems to be their ceiling
20. Bucks - Parker out but decent depth at wing.
21. Magic - have played about twice as many road games as home.
22. Celtics - no Rondo but still some decent players
23. Lakers - straddling the line between awful and mediocre
24. Jazz - youthful talent but not there yet
25. Pacers - could be a threat if P.G. was there; too bad he's not
26. T-Wolves - could be decent if everyone could be healthy all at once
27. Hornets - defense has regressed; Lance is just making a mess of things for the most part
28. Knicks - look lost out there
29. Pistons - poor SVG
30. Sixers - worse than awful

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cavs are number 1 in the east until Rose proves that he can play at an MVP level again. As far as 6 teams in the West being better than Cleveland....that's hilarious.

Well, it seems I was wrong... there's more than 6 teams better than Cleveland in the West.