NBA Power Rankings

Papa Wheelie

Liked Posts:
The Bulls always play solid defense. The problem is they struggle to score points, which had them losing to Miami or some other offensively superior team in the playoffs every year. You don't win a best of 5 or best of 7 playoff series by shutting down your opponents best scorers every night. You win by outscoring them. That's why the Bulls do great in the regular season, then look like ass in the playoffs.

You win by doing both. The point you make has validity in the past. However, it's the future now. The Bulls brought in Brooks, Pau, McD, and Mirotic, who can all help with the scoring. They are also getting Rose back. Butler, Kirk, and Snell should also be more productive with less minutes. The point is that the Bulls should now have balance.

The Bulls main scoring problem has been at the end of games I agree. This is where Pau will help out. Yes, it's yet to be confirmed, but the past is the past.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
During the 2011-12 season (lock-out shortened following Rose's MVP year where he and Rip Hamilton played roughly half of the games), the Bulls were the 5th best offensive team in the NBA and were 1st in defense.
That team was 5th offensively? Really? I'm going to have to verify that stat because I have a really hard time believing that.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That team was 5th offensively? Really? I'm going to have to verify that stat because I have a really hard time believing that.
So I checked raw stats and that team was 20th in points per game and total points scored. I don't see them as 5th in any stat so far.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
You win by doing both. The point you make has validity in the past. However, it's the future now. The Bulls brought in Brooks, Pau, McD, and Mirotic, who can all help with the scoring. They are also getting Rose back. Butler, Kirk, and Snell should also be more productive with less minutes. The point is that the Bulls should now have balance.

The Bulls main scoring problem has been at the end of games I agree. This is where Pau will help out. Yes, it's yet to be confirmed, but the past is the past.

Stop talking about Gasol like he's some fucking savior. He's an average PF/C at this point in his career, the Lakers are better off without him. Same goes for McBuckets. If we had another stud alongside Rose, it might matter, but none of them are elite.

Papa Wheelie

Liked Posts:
Stop talking about Gasol like he's some fucking savior. He's an average PF/C at this point in his career, the Lakers are better off without him. Same goes for McBuckets. If we had another stud alongside Rose, it might matter, but none of them are elite.

I'll talk about Pau however I want. If you don't like it don't respond to me. You have no idea how these players will fit in with the Bulls so your words really don't mean anything at this point. Myself, I prefer to take the optimistic approach.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

He has 2 championship rings. He probably deserved MVP of the Finals almost 5 years ago. He's one of the 30 or so best players in the NBA. If you think he's an average big man, then you don't know basketball.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He has 2 championship rings. He probably deserved MVP of the Finals almost 5 years ago. He's one of the 30 or so best players in the NBA. If you think he's an average big man, then you don't know basketball.
Blah blah blah old blah blah blah injuries blah blah blah washed up

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
I'll talk about Pau however I want. If you don't like it don't respond to me. You have no idea how these players will fit in with the Bulls so your words really don't mean anything at this point. Myself, I prefer to take the optimistic approach.

You prefer the ignorant meatball approach like 90% of this board. Fine, I get that. But this is an adult discussion board, and adults tend to share informed opinions that conflict with your homerish fanboy viewpoint.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:

He's 34 fucking years old. His stats are almost identical to Carlos Boozer. Put down the koolaid and let the little boy go.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Gasol will be better on Boozer for the simple fact he'll actually bang in the post and not do fadeaway jumpers all game like he might be prime Michael Jordan

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's 34 fucking years old. His stats are almost identical to Carlos Boozer. Put down the koolaid and let the little boy go.
His stats are actually better than Boozers. Both straight up and per 36. Pau played in 16 less games and put up exactly one point less than Boozer on the season. He may be old, but he's still better, even if only slightly so. It's worth something.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
His stats are actually better than Boozers. Both straight up and per 36. Pau played in 16 less games and put up exactly one point less than Boozer on the season. He may be old, but he's still better, even if only slightly so. It's worth something.

Compare their career stats... they're almost identical.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Boozer can't play 2 positions. Pau Gasol does.

Boozer cost 15M/yr. Gasol costs half of that.

Pau Gasol has a long shelf life. He relies on finesse. He's always been highly skilled for his size. He still has all of the size and all of the skill but the athleticism is declining.

Gasol just had a year of production that very much is on-par with his HOF career. Boozer didn't have half the season Gasol did.

And the stats show it, too:

Boozer - 13-8-0 blocks-45%
Gasol - 17-10-1.5 blocks-48%

Boozer - $15,000,000/year
Gasol - less than $8,000,000/year (turning down larger offers elsewhere to play for our team)

Gasol is basically twice the player as Boozer is at half of the price. That pretty much makes him 4 times as valuable as Boozer.

No one is saying Gasol is going to be LeBron James. No one should believe Gasol is going to have a career year. But he is an all-star caliber player, and a top 10-15 big man in the NBA.

006. Blake Griffin, CLIPPERS
007. Kevin Love, CAVS
010. LaMarcus Aldridge, BLAZERS
011. Anthony Davis, PELICANS
012. Dwight Howard, ROCKETS
018. Tim Duncan, SPURS
019. DeMarcus Cousins, KINGS
020. Chris Bosh, HEAT
023. Dirk Nowitzki, MAVS
024. Al Jefferson, HORNETS
025. Al Horford, HAWKS
029. Marc Gasol, GRIZZLIES
030. Serge Ibaka, THUNDER
031. Joakim Noah, BULLS
032. Pau Gasol, BULLS
033. Zach Randolph, GRIZZLIES
036. Paul Millsap, HAWKS
039. David Lee, WARRIORS

That's where I'd put him out of all 150 NBA PFs and Cs.

Last edited:

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Actually, no they aren't. Otherwise, you'd be posting them.

And stats aren't everything. Otherwise, Mitch Richmond would be better than Reggie Miller.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Except Gasol is still better. I suppose Boozer did have one season averaging more points than Gasol...that carried over well to the current day :elephant:

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Actually, no they aren't. Otherwise, you'd be posting them.

And stats aren't everything. Otherwise, Mitch Richmond would be better than Reggie Miller.

Yeah, actually they are the same. The fact that YOU haven't bothered to look up the stats or post them here undermines your claim, not mine. My claim is a matter of record, so the burden is on you to prove me wrong.

Why do you insist on cherry picking stats? Go to a reputable website and look at the CAREER STATS side by side.

Also, your claim that Gasol is a HOFer is laughable. I'm glad you're not on any selection committee because the HOF would be a joke if you were.