Destiny

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's sad that there are only 20 story missions. The rumored "leaked" DLC shows 11 more story missions. Hopefully those will all be in the next DLC because the on-disc story was incredibly short.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Got a PS4 Friday (the Destiny bundle) and NBA 2K15.... enjoying both so far. You can definitely feel the Bungie-vibe from Destiny. Sharp visuals, easy controls, nice soundtrack, action is fairly consistent. It grabs a bit from Fallout, Borderlands, Halo, and Mass Effect. I can see why the game has gotten mixed reviews -- some of the game doesn't quite feel fleshed out enough for my taste. As others have said, I'm sure they're setting up for the cash-grab $9.99/$19.99 expansions. I'm only about 5 hours into the game, however. So I'll save total judgement until I'm knee deep into everything.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've been stuck at level 24 for a while now. RNGesus finds me unworthy of better gear I guess. All Rare +15 Light gear, all Rare primary weapons, All Rare secondary weapons, 1 Legendary rocket launcher. I can't catch a break. I'm a Warlock and I have a Legendary chest piece for a Titan and a Legendary chest piece for a Hunter, both via the Crucible.

So I'm trying to level up my Vanguard rank (which I've ignored) so I can buy some good stuff. I have my first Exotic bounty active right now (some machine gun), but Xur never sells the item I need to continue it. Fucker.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good luck grinding rares when you have to hit on the RNG 3 times to get something useful. Take a look at this:

[video=youtube;7gwQ2S1xSz0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gwQ2S1xSz0[/video]

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Light level 26 Warlock now. Finally have Legendary Gauntlets (22/27), Chest Armor (23/27), and Leg Armor (18/27). The first two were bought from the Warlock Vanguard. Need 50 more Vanguard Marks to get a Legendary Helmet. RNGesus finally blessed me with the Legendary Leg Armor, but it wasn't from a Legendary Engram, it was from a Rare Engram. Didn't think that'd ever happend to me. I completed my lone Exotic Bounty a while back and got the machine gun Super Good Advice. The recoil is insane even with the recoil upgrades. Going to be useless for me until I get the special bonus of "Almost all shots that miss their target will return to your magazine".

Literally every Legendary Engram I get (obviously not from a drop because I'm unworthy- I get them from Cryptarch Packages) turns into equipment for non-Warlock characters. I have a Legendary Chest Piece for a Hunter, and Legenardy Leg Armor and Gauntlets for a Titan.

Waiting for Xur to come back so I can spend my 27 Motes of Light on an Exotic Engram, and I need one more Strange Coin to get a piece of Exotic Armor.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Light level 26 Warlock now. Finally have Legendary Gauntlets (22/27), Chest Armor (23/27), and Leg Armor (18/27). The first two were bought from the Warlock Vanguard. Need 50 more Vanguard Marks to get a Legendary Helmet. RNGesus finally blessed me with the Legendary Leg Armor, but it wasn't from a Legendary Engram, it was from a Rare Engram. Didn't think that'd ever happend to me. I completed my lone Exotic Bounty a while back and got the machine gun Super Good Advice. The recoil is insane even with the recoil upgrades. Going to be useless for me until I get the special bonus of "Almost all shots that miss their target will return to your magazine".

Literally every Legendary Engram I get (obviously not from a drop because I'm unworthy- I get them from Cryptarch Packages) turns into equipment for non-Warlock characters. I have a Legendary Chest Piece for a Hunter, and Legenardy Leg Armor and Gauntlets for a Titan.

Waiting for Xur to come back so I can spend my 27 Motes of Light on an Exotic Engram, and I need one more Strange Coin to get a piece of Exotic Armor.

I have everything exotic and legendary now...it took a ton of grinding though. If you can, best thing to do is get on Destiny Message Board...guys are always looking for people to do raids or daily/weekly......what I find to be a pain in the ass is trying to get weapons and armor to full power...I have 3 so far, but that harvesting materials is BS, just make it to where you can purchase the shit

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bored and depressed so I'm downloading the demo now. I would go buy a ps4 to easy the depression but Ima wait for after Black Friday. Walmart has a decent cyber Monday deal

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
get the last of us, twat

It's so freaking good. Played for hours last night. I love the new plug your headphones into the controler thing. My wife can work on stuff while I kill mushroom zombies and it doesn't bother her

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Big patch is rolling out to buff a lot of the exotic weapons. Some other big changes are:
- You can now buy planetary materials from Vanguard and Crucible vendors by using Vanguard and Crucible marks. Now you don't have to farm so much.
- Those materials will also drop upon completion of the Daily Heroic and Daily Patrols.
- Cryptarch takes a little longer to level up, but you now have an increased chance at getting Lengendary Engrams from his Cryptarch Packages.

The link to the changes http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2nyk13/12012014_destiny_patch_notes/

I only have one exotic, Super Good Advice, and I rarely use it because the kick is too much. Hopefully the stability boost helps with it.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can get 20 Planetary Materials for 10 Vanguard/Crucible Marks after the patch. Solid.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Xur is selling the new Exotic sniper rifle No Land Beyond this weekend. It is very weak, has no scope and uses iron sights (on a sniper!), and is bolt action so it takes 2-3 seconds to reload each shot. It can be used as a primary weapon though and not as a secondary, so you can have two snipers equipped at once.

The only reason I bought it is because Bungie will likely give it a major buff in a future patch like they did with Thorn and Bad Juju.

This is my third Exotic weapon, and still haven't gotten any of them out of a drop. Bought No Land Beyond and got Pocket Infinity and Super Good Advice from Exotic Bounties. I also have the Exotic Bounty for Bad Juju active, but have to beat a Weekly or Nightfall, which will never happen for me so I'm stuck with it.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I really hope PSN is back up when I get home from work, 2+ days of no Destiny is torture.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Playing now. Someone come help me not suck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You are on destiny?

Did you friend me?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I haven't turned the ps on in a long time.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Has anybody ran a Raid yet? I'm a level 30 Warlock, 27 Titan, and 23 Hunter and haven't run through a single Raid. I have 1 friend that owns the game for PS4 but he hasn't played in a couple months. I'm thinking of looking into r/fireteams or https://www.the100.io/