Destiny

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
So I see that the full game released today. How is it? Will it be one of those landmark games that people will be playing for a long time? What system are you playing it on? I read that a PC version may be coming out next year, I'm crossing my fingers for that.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
just downloaded it on ps4.

Add me bitches: botfly10

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Played for about an hour. Thats very short, but I got a feeling people might be disappointed by this game.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Played for about an hour. Thats very short, but I got a feeling people might be disappointed by this game.

That sucks.. why do you say that? Does it feel like a Halo game? B/c I got pretty sick of the Halo franchise towards the end.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It does feel like a halo game. But I to me so far, it kinda feels like a fairly standard shooter with some rpg elements and some coop elements bolted on. But thats just an initial impression. I guess its not really fair for me to judge yet.

Dr. Manhattan

Liked Posts:
Rented and played 3 hours. It's fun but the PvP mode sucks if your not a higher level

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
If you're looking to play this game for matchmaking, some caution. This game tailors to people who play it more. And by that I mean, the more you play, the more advanced your shields and weapons are. If you're looking to play this game from time to time you're going to find it very difficult when matchmaking. I, do not have that type of time on my hands, sadly. Therefore, this was a wasted 60 bucks on my end.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
OK, here is a slightly more informed view:

Game is very pretty. Graphics are mostly great, though nothing astounding if you are used to gaming on a PC. I would say they are about equal to 2013 PC gaming quality.

Shooter Gameplay mechanics - imo, this is where the game really excels. Pretty much everything about combat mechanics are exceptional. Guns/shooting feels meaty and satisfying. Controls are very smooth. The actually shooter gameplay is what this game does very well.

AI - The AI is underwhelming. Enemies don't really swarm or flank unless you are in the immediate vicinity (like almost melee range). If you stay at a moderate distance, you can pick them off with little risk. Further, the is a small variety of variance in enemy tactics. Vast majority react the same way and as you progress, it seems like they are just re-skinned and buffed.

Level/zone design - though the graphics are pretty, zones are very similar with a lot of reused assets. They become monotonous pretty quick. None of the zones are very big and even pvp maps are on the small side.

Missions - missions are completely forgettable. If doesn't take very long into the game before you forget about the story and lose track of why you are doing anything other than because its the next objective on the list. Most missions are just kill x creatures or defend x number of waves or kill boss x and spawns. Very little creativity and becomes monotonous QUICK.

Sound - Music and sound effects are generally pretty amazing imo.

Story - This is the biggest disappointment for me. Game makes little effort to flesh out a coherent story. And its short. This game is in no way story driven. You very quickly lose track of any narrative arc there might be and major questions aren't answered. Or even asked.

Dungeons / Raids - Max party size is only 4. There really is no such thing as a raid in this game. There are no real fight mechanics. Dungeons are just clearing mobs and then plinking at a boss from cover for 10 minutes until is dies.

RPG Elements - simply, they don't exist. Yes, there is random loot drops. And your character progresses, but there are no real choices and each class progresses the same from person to person. There is no exploration at all. There is no interacting with NPC's. There is no real story or choice. Even a game like Borderlands is 10x the rpg this is.

Social/mmo elements - Again, they don't exist. Its a pain to group with people and you have to pay for SEN to group. There IS NO PROXIMITY OR ZONE CHAT. FAIL FAIL FAIL. Its impossible to talk to people without grouping first. This means you could be standing right next to someone who is looking to group for the SAME MISSION and there IS NO WAY TO KNOW. There is NO WAY to meet people IN GAME. Its fucking absurd.

Travel mechanics - every time you travel between locations, you have to load to orbit, choose the next location, watch a long ass cut scene, then load to your new location. Were are talkin full load times. It takes like 5 minutes to go somewhere new. And when you consider you usually go back to the tower between each location, you are talking about a frustrating amount of waiting.

The world - its fucking tiny. The tower is a joke. Its supposed to be the main hub, and there is almost nothing there. There are a handfull of shops and a couple mission givers and THATS IT. There is NO exploration in this game. Every location you travel to is a small zone and there is no way to transition between them without going back to orbit first.

Final Thoughts - I have no idea how Destiny came to be considered a shooter / mmo / rpg hybrid. Its only one of those three things. This game is a flat out grinder FPS.

Somehow (maybe by design) Bungie allowed the public to thing this game is something that it is not at all.

Destiny is a cross between Diablo and Halo. Its a gear grind shooter. Thats all. It is not an rpg and is not in anyway a mmo.

If you want a Halo-Diablo grinder, you will love Destiny. If you are looking for anything more, save your money, you will be disappointed.

Last edited:

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
PS - there are rumors that Bungie plans to continue developing the story with future installments. That is super cool. However, it looks like they will be released as paid expansions - in the model of the battlefield cash grab.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Destiny already has DLC you can preorder that will add new missions and story content.

Same fucking EA bullshit. Release a game that is 1/5th its potential and sell DLC expansions one at a time to get a complete game. Fucking horseshit.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Enjoyed the Beta, and enjoying the finished product even more.

One thing I absolutely hate is this: What the hell is this game about??? I'm half joking, but they're doing a horrible job explaining it in-game. It's stupid that if you want to learn anything about the game you need to read the Grimoire cards you're unlocking on Bungie.net, or on the Destiny app on your smartphone or tablet. There better be a library behind one of the locked doors on the Tower where you can read them. It's so stupid that you can't read them in-game.

Saw this comment on Reddit a while back. And it's so true.

'Well I could tell you the plot line of Destiny... But then you wouldn't read your Grimoire cards, Guardian!' - The Speaker

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
A bit further into the game. It's nice how this game is still enjoyable flying solo rather than having a squad. I ventured into the Crucible for the first time as a level 11. God do I suck at PvP. My internet connection is pretty shitty though, so actually hitting an enemy is a crapshoot. I don't really enjoy the PvP that much honestly. It's pretty unbalanced. Enjoying the story though so far. Slowly piecing together what the hell is going on.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A bit further into the game. It's nice how this game is still enjoyable flying solo rather than having a squad. I ventured into the Crucible for the first time as a level 11. God do I suck at PvP. My internet connection is pretty shitty though, so actually hitting an enemy is a crapshoot. I don't really enjoy the PvP that much honestly. It's pretty unbalanced. Enjoying the story though so far. Slowly piecing together what the hell is going on.

Later on you will need a fireteam to complete some of the missions. What sucks its its damn near impossible to get on one. I just set my XBOX One to allow invites, have tried to invite other players...no response. Kinda sucks

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The lack of ability to communicate or even invite people in game is completely Special person.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Later on you will need a fireteam to complete some of the missions. What sucks its its damn near impossible to get on one. I just set my XBOX One to allow invites, have tried to invite other players...no response. Kinda sucks

Yeah The Summoning Pit strike mission was a failure for me. Waves and waves of enemies, and one big enemy in the middle. I was a level 15, grouped with two other level 15's and we got our asses handed to us. One guy left in the middle of it, and it was just two of us. He eventually left too. Pretty sure I was the only one attacking the boss. Gonna have to come back at a higher level. I'm at level 16 so far. I'm thinking 18 or 20 is when I'll attempt it again.

Question- when can you start upgrading equipment and weapons? I have a rare set of gauntlets and when I go to its details it shows that I can improve it with Glimmer and Hadronic Essence, but I can't actually improve it yet.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fucking new DLC is just a reputation grind using the SAME fucking missions you have been grinding since level 10. No story, no cut scenes, just rep grind. lmfao.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah The Summoning Pit strike mission was a failure for me. Waves and waves of enemies, and one big enemy in the middle. I was a level 15, grouped with two other level 15's and we got our asses handed to us. One guy left in the middle of it, and it was just two of us. He eventually left too. Pretty sure I was the only one attacking the boss. Gonna have to come back at a higher level. I'm at level 16 so far. I'm thinking 18 or 20 is when I'll attempt it again.

Question- when can you start upgrading equipment and weapons? I have a rare set of gauntlets and when I go to its details it shows that I can improve it with Glimmer and Hadronic Essence, but I can't actually improve it yet.

I have a level 26 hunter.....what I learned(the hard way) is that you have to compete in PVP to get the good stuff.....so if you can knock out a ton of that crap to get the good gear....I have legendary gear, but not what I could have had, by doing those Bounties over and over. That's what I do now....I just kinda suck compared to all the fast twitch thumb nerds on there....kinda ruined the exp for me.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fucking new DLC is just a reputation grind using the SAME fucking missions you have been grinding since level 10. No story, no cut scenes, just rep grind. lmfao.

Yeah, I was thinking it would be nice if they added more story and missions....the missions they seem to add are impossible to do alone.....and without I fireteam, you cannot do the raids or higher queen bounties....they are morons, why not just do like the other missions, select it and put people together. I seen one mision that can use 6 members, I will never be able to do that mission.....BECAUSE NO F'N FIRETEAM!!! lol

We need a CBMB fireteam(XBOX ONE here)

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I saw a thing saying they are working on an in game communication system. I think I will just wait a year until hopefully they fix all the bullshit and release a story they seem to have forgotten.