New rule changes for 2014/15 season

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
When first announced I thought the new tripping even if you hit the puck first was sketchy, but I'm glad they saved it a bit by making it not give a penalty shot if done on a breakaway.

Sent from my 20CDCTO1WW using Tapatalk

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Question for those w/more hockey knowledge than I:

"The trapezoid will be expanded by two feet from the goal post on both sides of the net."

Why was this one implemented?.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
My lesson in hockey for the day:

Trapezoid and Spin-o-rama

"These are together because former Stars weep. Marty Turco is somewhere shaking his fist that he is not still around to take advantage of the extra area (bonus question: does this mean more or less puck gaffes for Mike Smith?), and while I don't believe Mike Ribeiro has ever done a true spin-o-rama, but I'm sure he's got some move in that bag of tricks that involves one.

Other than that, these are more procedural changes that will affect individual players and teams (depending on how well a given goalie handles the puck, obviously) than overall game flow."

http://www.defendingbigd.com/2014/9...is-goalie-trapezoid-diving-fines-video-review

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
no spin o rama is lame. instead of changing that try getting rid of shootouts all together

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk