IST: Cubs at Pirates

Status
Not open for further replies.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Will be interesting to see Olt's role heading into next season

Shawon_Dunston

Liked Posts:
I don't see him starting. Luis will hold down 3rd before Bryant gets here, if Bryant is still at 3rd. Olt is either on the bench or playing 1st in Iowa

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Oh to a be a rookie, ump just rung up Baez on a ball well outside. That wont do the kid any favors.

I hate umps who do that, and unfortunately, that's a lot of them. Alcantara gets called strikes that don't get near the plate. He doesn't argue with umps, but they treat him like shit.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Wow this inning got ugly fast..
triple Play against cubs and then 7 runs for pirates

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I don't see him starting. Luis will hold down 3rd before Bryant gets here, if Bryant is still at 3rd. Olt is either on the bench or playing 1st in Iowa

It depends is a team wants him in a toss in. Say to get a LF a team would take Jackson and Olt. I believe Olt will become a quality major league player. His 3B D is really good. With his power all he has to do is hit .260 or higher and he becomes a quality 3B in the league. If it wasn't for Bryant I would have rather have kept Olt out there to adjust like they are doing with Baez.

Now on a team with a need? Yanks could move A-Rod back to SS. Gardner would be a good return and nets a legit lead off. Jackson's value sours that deal but I believe that Jackson was just jinxed as a Cub. He is not that bad.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
It depends is a team wants him in a toss in. Say to get a LF a team would take Jackson and Olt. I believe Olt will become a quality major league player. His 3B D is really good. With his power all he has to do is hit .260 or higher and he becomes a quality 3B in the league. If it wasn't for Bryant I would have rather have kept Olt out there to adjust like they are doing with Baez.

Now on a team with a need? Yanks could move A-Rod back to SS. Gardner would be a good return and nets a legit lead off. Jackson's value sours that deal but I believe that Jackson was just jinxed as a Cub. He is not that bad.

I think A-Rod has seen his last days at SS even if he comes back. If the Cubs could swing a deal with Castro or Baez headlining the deal and Michael Pineda headlining it the other way, I think that would be a fair proposal for starters since both teams need players like that.

The Yankees could get young at SS again, and the Cubs could get a TOR pitcher who is just 25. Plus, the Yankees have the funds to easily replace Pineda with a Scherzer, Lester, and/or Santana.

Keep Castro or Javy at SS for now till Russell joins, and the Cubs could thrust their money at Cabrera and Shields to strengthen the team and still have a very modest payroll with a very formidable rotation.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:

I think A-Rod has seen his last days at SS even if he comes back. If the Cubs could swing a deal with Castro or Baez headlining the deal and Michael Pineda headlining it the other way, I think that would be a fair proposal for starters (may need a sweetener either way) since both teams need players like that.

The Yankees could get young at SS again, and the Cubs could get a TOR pitcher who is just 25. Plus, the Yankees have the funds to easily replace Pineda with a Scherzer, Lester, and/or Santana.

Keep Castro or Javy at SS for now till Russell joins, and the Cubs could thrust their money at Cabrera and Shields to strengthen the team and still have a very modest payroll with a very formidable rotation.

Shawon_Dunston

Liked Posts:

I don't think Olt will come close to hitting 260 in the majors.

Status
Not open for further replies.