The Adrian Peterson MEGA Thread (Update: Vikings benched him again)

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Minnesota Vikings superstar Adrian Peterson has reportedly been indicted for child abuse in North Montgomery County, TX.
Peterson missed Vikings team practice yesterday -- though the team explained it as a "veteran's day."

Child Protective Services confirms they are working on a case involving Peterson and an 11-year-old boy.

Earlier today, Peterson posted a message on Twitter -- though it's unclear if it's related to the case.

"People understand that if you are on God's course and suppose to have that position and man decides to remove you know that God will remove everyone to place you rightfully! You matter!"

"Its your season! Weapons may form but won’t prosper! God has you covered don’t stress or worry!"

Story developing ...

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/12/adrian-peterson-indicted-for-child-abuse/#ixzz3D8Yt0EHe

http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/12/adrian-peterson-indicted-for-child-abuse/

Additonal source: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/510531739685359616

Last edited:

Woods

Chicago Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
WTF? Is he tripping his balls off like Wyatt Sexton?

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
AP and child abuse? Seems hard to believe .. I will wait for more details.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Ian Rapoport
Arrest of Adrian Peterson (reported by @MarkBermanFox26) stems from the disciplining of a son with a switch, source says. He’s been indicted

With a switch?? Is he electrocuting him? Wtf?

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If that was his tweet, I don't know what to say that wouldn't be offensive. I always thought of AP as a good guy.

Joker85

Liked Posts:
If he really got indicted for spanking his son it just goes to show how ridiculous this country is. We have our youths running wild beating people in parking lots, shooting each other, and now a father actually tries to discipline his son and prevent him from growing into a punk and he goes to jail?

Unless he was hitting him the face with it there is no excuse for criminal charges.

cobbland

Liked Posts:
So he disciplined his son and this is a big deal????

Adrian Peterson’s indictment for swatting son with a switch

Vikings running back Adrian Peterson’s indictment on reckless or negligent injury to a child stems from a case of old-school corporal punishment.

According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, the incident in question stems from “disciplining of a son with a switch.”

For those of you unfamiliar with the Southern vernacular, a switch is a flexible tree branch used to swat a child across the backsides.

How you view that — as an act of parental discipline or as child abuse — depends largely on your age and geographic location.

We can already tell the comments on this one are going to be special.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ns-indictment-for-swatting-son-with-a-switch/

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can't beat your kid with a switch, not even if your kid acts like BearsBud. Get a grip people.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
With a switch?? Is he electrocuting him? Wtf?

A switch would be any long thin object used to discipline someone usually made from the branches of a tree. My grand mother for example use to break off the branches of a coconut tree and use it to beat us with when we stepped out of line.

We still have corporal punishment where I am from so they still use switches in the Caribbean so more of a cultural thing.

Joker85

Liked Posts:
I'm going to say it was all the FSM's plan the next time I fuck up.

1402319711744.png

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
If he really got indicted for spanking his son it just goes to show how ridiculous this country is. We have our youths running wild beating people in parking lots, shooting each other, and now a father actually tries to discipline his son and prevent him from growing into a punk and he goes to jail?

Unless he was hitting him the face with it there is no excuse for criminal charges.

So he disciplined his son and this is a big deal????

there's disciplining/spanking your child and then there's beating your child...if he was just spanking the kid then this is ridiculous, but if he was beating his kid then he deserves what he gets.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
All depends how old the kid was but nowadays you can't hit your kid at all. It is no biggie to me if he is old enough and it was just a spanking (over and over and causing injury is different).