The Adrian Peterson MEGA Thread (Update: Vikings benched him again)

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I doubt anyone on the Bears will be helping him up anymore. It's a complicated issue, but people like him and Barkley should realize it's a problem. I've admired him, but after seeing those police photos I really can't. I'm not unfamiliar - a switch would have been kinder in my case.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Freedom of Speech certainly gives you the right to say whatever you want. It doesnt, however, protect you against your employer thinking you're a goddamn idiot and firing you. People always seem to forget that little nugget.

WTF does this have to do with message board founders shutting down their board? Minnesota didn't fire AP, they gave him a timeout while they evaluated. Now he's back and ready to rumble.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Freedom of speech does not come into play on a messageboard. Freedom of the press, maybe. And as they "own the press" in question, they can do what they want with it. It's their freedom.

Sure they can but they're fucking cowards. They remind me of kids that get bullied in school. Instead of standing up for themselves, they decide to take their ball and run home to mommy.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I have some issue with it but am torn with how much an employer should be allowed to do about things that they aren't directly related to. Don't get me wrong, I think he should serve one of those 6 week suspensions and it would probably be better for the Vikes to be pro active about it. In this case, there's a smoking gun and arrest. I still think cutting Rice was too much and six to eight weeks with some psyche work would be in order. He's a dirtbag asshole but....

This is exactly right. This is a police matter. The man isn't locked up and he hasn't been convicted of anything. Why the fuck would the Vikings do anything? Let the matter play out and then decide. People in this country are always in such a fucking rush.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
And what do you hope to gain by stating that over and over and over on a message board?

Absolutely nothing. I don't talk to random people i don't know looking to gain anything.

Talking to you is beyond pointless.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Absolutely nothing. I don't talk to random people i don't know looking to gain anything.

Talking to you is beyond pointless.

To be fair, we're not actually talking. We're typing.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is exactly right. This is a police matter. The man isn't locked up and he hasn't been convicted of anything. Why the fuck would the Vikings do anything? Let the matter play out and then decide. People in this country are always in such a fucking rush.

Did you see what he did to his son?

He admitted doing it.

It may play differently in court. But in the world of reality he does not deserve to play football this year.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is on a 5 year old child with a switch...........if someone did this to your kid for disciplinary reasons would you have a problem with it...

Adrien-Peterson-sons-injuries.jpg

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This is on a 5 year old child with a switch...........if someone did this to your kid for disciplinary reasons would you have a problem with it...

You're not going to get through to Jim on this, but i applaud you for trying. Trust me, he's seen the pics.

1,200 posts now Jim and I'm willing to bet not even 100 of them are Bear related. When is this considered trolling?

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:

Adrien-Peterson-sons-injuries.jpg

You're creating a straw man. Nobody besides parents should be laying a hand on their child. So if someone other than the mother laid a hand on my children, I would track them down and string them up by their nuts. But that's not what happened here.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Did you see what he did to his son?

He admitted doing it.

It may play differently in court. But in the world of reality he does not deserve to play football this year.

You're not getting it. Until the courts rule on the matter, there is no need for the Vikings to discipline AP.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I honestly don't want to see it anymore. You have issues if you break your own child's skin. Not necessary. Striping your child is not OK.

I couldn't challenge AP at my age, but it makes me want to. It's just sad, but he shouldn't be active.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I honestly don't want to see it anymore. You have issues if you break your own child's skin. Not necessary. Striping your child is not OK.

I couldn't challenge AP at my age, but it makes me want to. It's just sad, but he shouldn't be active.

Sure he should. He didn't cheat on the football field and has yet to be convicted of a crime. If everyone in the world who was accused of something was immediately fired by their employer, there would be homeless people sleeping in your front lawn.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sure he should. He didn't cheat on the football field and has yet to be convicted of a crime. If everyone in the world who was accused of something was immediately fired by their employer, there would be homeless people sleeping in your front lawn.

I guess I understand your point, but he's been honest. The issue isn't really if he did it. He will have to deal with this and I highly doubt the Vikings are going to put him out there.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I guess I understand your point, but he's been honest. The issue isn't really if he did it. He will have to deal with this and I highly doubt the Vikings are going to put him out there.

They already said they plan to play him unfortunately.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:

But that doesn't necessarily mean he's going to jail or will be convicted. He will likely enter some sort of parenting program/anger management classes. And then the punishment, if there is one, is up to the NFL. If the NFL hasn't said a word about it, why should the Vikings?