Pumpkin Mania

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Now that fall has about started, I cant go anywhere without seeing a pumpkin flavored something. Donuts, Coffee, Beer, even ravioli. I personally dont like pumpkins and used to vomit when carving them. That said, I do like pumpkin beer. I was thinking if there is any other seasonal food that dominates flavor profiles so much. Like how come its not Cranberry fiesta or Sweet potato pandemonium?

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
1274779903_glen-big-baby-davis-tongue.gif

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I hate just about every thing pumpkin minus the seeds themselves.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I actually enjoy pumpkin pie quite a lot. That's usually about it though. The seeds are aight too I guess.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I hate just about every thing pumpkin minus the seeds themselves.

Good call on the seeds.

I love squash, but I'm not a big fan of pumpkins.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Now that fall has about started, I cant go anywhere without seeing a pumpkin flavored something. Donuts, Coffee, Beer, even ravioli. I personally dont like pumpkins and used to vomit when carving them. That said, I do like pumpkin beer. I was thinking if there is any other seasonal food that dominates flavor profiles so much. Like how come its not Cranberry fiesta or Sweet potato pandemonium?

Did you carve a pumpkin every year and vomit all over the place? Or like did you just resolve to carve your yearly pumpkin sitting in front of a toilet?

Wouldn't it have been easier to just abstain from pumpkin carving?

I have so many questions....

Reactions: WCL

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Lol, I was a kid and would just sit there and not participate while my sister carved a pumpkin. Idk why I didn't just leave. But I also remember just trying to finish one quickly. I liked it, but just something about the smell and seeing all there guts. Even cantaloupes can make me queasy. The stringy pulp is like their organs.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Pumking and Ichabod are some pretty fucking good pumpkin beers. Definitely the two best I've tasted so far.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Pumking and Ichabod are some pretty fucking good pumpkin beers. Definitely the two best I've tasted so far.
Definitely agree with pumking. Stuffs amazing. Haven't had Ichabod yet, I'll have to look out for it. The Great Lakes pumpkin beer is pretty good, and not too expensive.

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
If anyone is looking for another good pumpkin beer I will submit The Gourd by Avery Brewing. I'm enjoying one on draft right now while watching the game. Very tasty

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
After grocery shopping yesterday... I'm more than pumpkin'ed out for the year. Not that I'm a big fan to begin with. First, I go to Mariano's. They have a lot of sample stops. Pumpkin bread, pumpkin coffee, pumpkin gelato, pumpkin cheese, pumpkin juice, pumpkin crackers. Seriously crazy.

Then we go to Trader Joe's and they had more than their usual sample tables. Pumpkin spice cider, pumpkin danishes, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin tea.

I figure, since I didn't like pumpkin, I could at least try some of this stuff to see if I change my mind about certain products, since they're going to be pushed in our face anyways, and the prices are usually fair, while a lot of it can be made healthily if the product isn't just pumpkin flavored sugar. But nope. Simply not for me. But my girlfriend likes all of this stuff, so I'm not going to really going to start pissing in her cheerios about it. My only concern, is that sooner or later, all of these get-togethers that happen between family and friends this time of year, will simply be dominated by pumpkin themed foods and drinks.

I'll get you next time gadget, next time!
DrClaw1.jpg

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
After grocery shopping yesterday... I'm more than pumpkin'ed out for the year. Not that I'm a big fan to begin with. First, I go to Mariano's. They have a lot of sample stops. Pumpkin bread, pumpkin coffee, pumpkin gelato, pumpkin cheese, pumpkin juice, pumpkin crackers. Seriously crazy.

Then we go to Trader Joe's and they had more than their usual sample tables. Pumpkin spice cider, pumpkin danishes, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin tea.

I figure, since I didn't like pumpkin, I could at least try some of this stuff to see if I change my mind about certain products, since they're going to be pushed in our face anyways, and the prices are usually fair, while a lot of it can be made healthily if the product isn't just pumpkin flavored sugar. But nope. Simply not for me. But my girlfriend likes all of this stuff, so I'm not going to really going to start pissing in her cheerios about it. My only concern, is that sooner or later, all of these get-togethers that happen between family and friends this time of year, will simply be dominated by pumpkin themed foods and drinks.

I'll get you next time gadget, next time!
DrClaw1.jpg

I really like pumpkin stuff but I'm also very selective of what I eat. Hopefully this trend is nearing it's peak and will start to be scaled back soon

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I really like pumpkin stuff but I'm also very selective of what I eat. Hopefully this trend is nearing it's peak and will start to be scaled back soon

I hope so. I really do. If we see Pumpkin Spice Egg Nog flavored donuts in late October, we have failed.