I was wrong about Willie Young

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Young is like a caged animal that just needed to be let out,I expect 15+ sacks from him this year.The packers are going to be scraping up Rodgers from the field between young and Shea Shea

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jelt2359

Liked Posts:
Quite new here, check it out on and off but I understand that BF51 is kinda the leader here? How else can I explain what I keep seeing:

1) make strong statements crowning or firing someone's ass
2) back it up with some crazy bet
3) lose
4) pretend the bet never happened
5) try to take the moral high ground
6) everyone laughs
7) repeat

I don't get it. Is this some elaborate joke? Is this trolling? Not sure if serious??

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
So far a few of us have been wrong. But just like I didn't want to throw the towel in after the first game loss, I also don't want to get too carried away with the positives that came to light thus far. Honestly, I wish Emery would have held off a few more weeks to extend him. He looks like a steal, I just hope it keeps up & he doesn't play satisfied from here on out.

I agree that we shouldn't get carried away, but based on what Young has done in the preseason and what has carried over into the first two games I feel comfortable with his abilities. I really think he could really be a factor against Green Bay that will be fun to watch.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
While your admitting things you were wrong about, why don't you admit you were wrong about Garoppolo's draft position.

Probably because on the whole it's got jack shit to do,with the Bears. Good for him and if it makes you feel better I was wrong about Jimmy G.

Mitchapalooza

When does Young come in? Every now and then for rotation? 3rd downs? He's impressed me a lot while Jared Allen hasn't. Hope he gets to start this season.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
When does Young come in? Every now and then for rotation? 3rd downs? He's impressed me a lot while Jared Allen hasn't. Hope he gets to start this season.

He plays 46% of the time in a solid rotation. I don't think he's being misused but I think he deserves more reps. Depending how long Ratliff is out his reps should only increase.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Quite new here, check it out on and off but I understand that BF51 is kinda the leader here? How else can I explain what I keep seeing:

1) make strong statements crowning or firing someone's ass
2) back it up with some crazy bet
3) lose
4) pretend the bet never happened
5) try to take the moral high ground
6) everyone laughs
7) repeat

I don't get it. Is this some elaborate joke? Is this trolling? Not sure if serious??

LMAO! Allow me to explain...

BF51 has delusions of grandeur that he is some big shot football scout mastermind. But since he can not find actual employment in said field (likely due to is abrasive douchebag personality and lack of actual real world experience/talent) he resorts to using this msgboard as his own personal blog where he floods the board with non-stop captain obvious threads and calls everyone else fucktards.

Don't bother taking anything he says seriously, just sit back and enjoy the show like the rest of us.

Reactions: DC

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well done, Broc.

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I was more excited about Willie Young than JA and LH at the beginning of the season. Dude has been tearing it up in limited snaps in Detroit because they are so deep.

JErryAZuma

BallHawk/CardShark
Liked Posts:
Willie Young is a monster off the line!! I've been re-watching some plays. He is vicious off the line and that Martial Arts hand fighting IMO elevated his game big time. His hands/arms are quick and violent. This guy has potential through the roof. Still early but if you are not excited about this guy then you don't miss Bear Defense.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is typical message board behavior. On Sunday night and Monday, the reality of the game is in people's head, good or bad, and they respond to what happened accordingly. By about Thursday, they all go back to their original thoughts, and forget what happened the prior Sunday.

That's only because we need to focus on the next pivotal season determining must win that happens to be whatever week this is.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Willie Young is a good singing but don't think for a minute he is not benefiting from Jared Allen's presence.