I was wrong about Willie Young

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
He should start and be the focal point of the pass rush going forward. Yes he was beating up on Jonathan Martin, but he was doing it in a variety of technical ways, ways that will guarantee him being successful the rest of the season. He is using his hands in combination with his length and speed to become a more complete player. He is taking a big step forward in his development from last year to this year.

Emery should be commended for seeing such a high ceiling guy and getting him on the cheap.

With the Packers' OL problems Young could quite literally be a game changer in that two game division series. Green Bay's right tackle problems are evident and Young could be a game changer that is the biggest and most valuable contract signing of the off-season. I hope Tucker can find ways to attack teams with Young and Houston's speed in a variety of stunts and rush packages.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Are you and WindyCity competing for who can start more threads about being wrong?

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are you and WindyCity competing for who can start more threads about being wrong?

This is typical message board behavior. On Sunday night and Monday, the reality of the game is in people's head, good or bad, and they respond to what happened accordingly. By about Thursday, they all go back to their original thoughts, and forget what happened the prior Sunday.

sam slocum

Liked Posts:
My son has been giving me shit because I declared L. Houston the biggest signing, he told me it would be W. Young and I laughed at him. Hopefully, they will all get it together.

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
He should start and be the focal point of the pass rush going forward. Yes he was beating up on Jonathan Martin, but he was doing it in a variety of technical ways, ways that will guarantee him being successful the rest of the season. He is using his hands in combination with his length and speed to become a more complete player. He is taking a big step forward in his development from last year to this year.

Emery should be commended for seeing such a high ceiling guy and getting him on the cheap.

With the Packers' OL problems Young could quite literally be a game changer in that two game division series. Green Bay's right tackle problems are evident and Young could be a game changer that is the biggest and most valuable contract signing of the off-season. I hope Tucker can find ways to attack teams with Young and Houston's speed in a variety of stunts and rush packages.

I agree but I'd keep him in heavy rotation more with Allen than Houston. Houston is playing ok. I expected a little more from him. I'm worried about Allen and I don't think he gets better as the season wears on him. What I've seen from Young has come on passing downs which is his strength. I'd like to see him more on early downs to see where he's at. But he does deserve far more playing time.

The sack I think you are referring too was a great move to get Martin's hands off him. It was so quick and timed perfectly. Possibly evidence of that Karate coaches work with Young. Still surprised Detroit let the kid walk seeing how young and talented he his with these great moves.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Well you did with this one anyway but let's not get crazy and act like you always do.

Just because you aren't around to read it when I post it, doesn't mean I don't admit when I'm wrong.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
Young has been a great addition to the DL. When they go YOUNG, HOUSTON, PAEA, ALLEN then I think they are pretty stout on the DL.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
My son has been giving me shit because I declared L. Houston the biggest signing, he told me it would be W. Young and I laughed at him. Hopefully, they will all get it together.

I thought we'd see a bit out of Houston than we have in the first two games. Not going to write him off at all but I'm hoping to see more impact plays out of him in the near future.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It would be nice to see a concurrent sack by Young and Allen.
A half sack each and let The Calf-Roppin and Fisherman begin !!

Nick80

I still think you rep. the biggest gaggle of fucktards I have ever come across, tbh I couldn't give a shit, I'd rather you continue to be 'that guy' DaaBears nailed it in the second post.

Carry on Fucktard51, carry on.

edit: 3rd post.

Last edited:
Liked Posts:

So far a few of us have been wrong. But just like I didn't want to throw the towel in after the first game loss, I also don't want to get too carried away with the positives that came to light thus far. Honestly, I wish Emery would have held off a few more weeks to extend him. He looks like a steal, I just hope it keeps up & he doesn't play satisfied from here on out.

malcore

This is typical message board behavior. On Sunday night and Monday, the reality of the game is in people's head, good or bad, and they respond to what happened accordingly. By about Thursday, they all go back to their original thoughts, and forget what happened the prior Sunday.

I always viewed it in the reverse, that most are on an emotional high or low for a day or two after a game, then a bit more objectivity sets in, i.e. it was just one game among 16 or 18.

Liked Posts:

Honestly I didn't even see that Martin was a 49er until last night. When they announced that he was the starting RT I immediately thought & hoped the Bears would go right after him. Bullying controversy to the side, IMO he is weak link on the field. To Youngs defense the Bears did get to Staley too & he's certainly not a weak link on any O-Line. I'd like to see Young move around a bit more. Having Houston inside with Young off the edge I thought worked very well, & should only be better against lesser O-lines. IMO, other than Martin SF's O-line is as good as it gets as a unit. I'd like to see Sutton as the base 3-Tech & Houston as the Nickel 3-Tech with a lot of Young off the edge as the LDE.