Where's Ka'Deem Carey?

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
No, I'm not saying Forte sucks and needs to be benched. But we've been seeing that having two backs helps move the chains. Just look at Philly, 9ers and Bills for example. Granted I'm not comparing Carey to Sproles and others., but we saw him look pretty good in preseason. Besides, we don't even have a fullback playing with Fiametta out, so why not get Carey on the field to give Forte a breather? Forte was stuffed all night against the 9ers, and that was it. A switch at RB could have spiced things up. We need to get this kid on the field, period. Not to replace Forte, but to help him and be that change of pace guy.

In the first two games of the season he's had a total of 1............ yes ONE carry! That's ridiculous, especially when the run game was non-existent against the 9ers. Here's to hoping he gets more carries.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Switching running backs doesn't make your run blocking better or make the 49ers less of a run stuffing team. They pay Forte the big bucks for a reason; he's a workhorse. He'll be getting 95% of the snaps always.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Would you really want to rely on a rookie RB who likely doesn't exactly have a strong grasp of the playbook in during close games? And Fiametta was brought back, that was announced earlier. Give him time, I guarantee later in the year he'll see considerably more playing time.

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Forte only got 17 carries in the first game and 12 in the second. He averaged 18 a game last season and averages 17 a game for his career.

If the number of carries for the whole team goes up, Carey will get more carries.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
i don't think you're going to see much of carey(or any back other then forte) until the bears have a big lead in the 2nd half, or are being blown out.

i like carey, and think the bears should run the ball more, but that doesn't seem to be something trestman is to interested in.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
i like carey, and think the bears should run the ball more, but that doesn't seem to be something trestman is to interested in.

I'd be throwing the ball primarily too if I had 2 top 10 receivers :shrug:

lurker

Liked Posts:
Switching running backs doesn't make your run blocking better or make the 49ers less of a run stuffing team. They pay Forte the big bucks for a reason; he's a workhorse. He'll be getting 95% of the snaps always.

I don't know... Switching them might get them to start running like AP

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Same as always. Backup HBs got to show they can block before they can see the field.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:

Interesting. Did you notice how Frank Gore made holes and carried tacklers when there was no gap for him to run through.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I actually wouldn't have minded seeing Carey some Sunday night just as a change of pace guy.

I get that doesn't change who's blocking, but clearly Forte wasn't working out. And in the NFL, changing up the running back when the other is getting stalled is a common tactic

Kekua Zombie

Liked Posts:
It's all about dat blitz pickup. Besides we have been down most of the season so not a lot of carries period.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I don't believe Trestman is comfortable with Carey trying to pick up blitzes

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
No, I'm not saying Forte sucks and needs to be benched. But we've been seeing that having two backs helps move the chains. Just look at Philly, 9ers and Bills for example. Granted I'm not comparing Carey to Sproles and others., but we saw him look pretty good in preseason. Besides, we don't even have a fullback playing with Fiametta out, so why not get Carey on the field to give Forte a breather? Forte was stuffed all night against the 9ers, and that was it. A switch at RB could have spiced things up. We need to get this kid on the field, period. Not to replace Forte, but to help him and be that change of pace guy.

In the first two games of the season he's had a total of 1............ yes ONE carry! That's ridiculous, especially when the run game was non-existent against the 9ers. Here's to hoping he gets more carries.
I agree. I think it would help not only to keep Forte fresh but to have a scat back type would be nice. I know K.Carey isn't the fastest RB but he can be quick and he's shorter so he could get through the line pretty quick. I hope Trestman gives the kid some touches to see what he can do.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I don't believe Trestman is comfortable with Carey trying to pick up blitzes

We don't have to use him in situations that he needs to be pass blocking though. Trestman is a big offensive mind and i'm sure he can come up with some plays to use Carey in. I'd really like to see the kid get a chance.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
We don't have to use him in situations that he needs to be pass blocking though. Trestman is a big offensive mind and i'm sure he can come up with some plays to use Carey in. I'd really like to see the kid get a chance.

that's true, I want to see what he can do as well but if Trestman becomes predictable to the opposing DC in that its obvious Carey won't be pass blocking when he's in there, it would be like tipping your hand in a card game.

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
forte disappears completely about 3 or 4 games a year..that is the time that you should put carey in..he should of had a few carries against the niners the other night

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
forte disappears completely about 3 or 4 games a year..that is the time that you should put carey in..he should of had a few carries against the niners the other night

We need a different type of RB for sure. Not saying get rid of Forte, he is one of the most well-rounded RBs in the league and has a great skillset. However, we are missing the type of RB that can make holes and power through tackles, especially in short yardage situations where Forte fails over and over and over again.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
The Bears where losing to the Bills and 49ers most of the game. You will see Carey when we are leading but you can't afford to take Forte out being down 2 scores most of the game.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We need a different type of RB for sure. Not saying get rid of Forte, he is one of the most well-rounded RBs in the league and has a great skillset. However, we are missing the type of RB that can make holes and power through tackles, especially in short yardage situations where Forte fails over and over and over again.
This is what Michael Bush was supposed to be doing but seemed to be relatively inept at.