geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
he's in Trestman's "doghouse"

:beartroll:

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Didn't they show a stat since 2008 that most starting running backs get 50% of the playing time while Forte has averaged 75%? They need to give Forte a break, give Carey a series in each half.

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
Whether Carey can or can't block is a mute argument if he doesn't at least get that chance in the first place. It's better to get him on the field now early in the season before God forbid Forte gets hurt and Carey is forced to play all of a sudden. A chance here and there won't hurt plus it can distract how the defense reacts to him being out there.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When our run game doesn't look like crap... he'll probably play. But when you're on the losing end of the score board, I'm thinking you want your battle tested veterans in there to give you the best chance to win the game. The kid will get his chance. It's week 3. When they start playing teams that don't rank in the top 10 in run defense, they'll have some more flexibility in the play calling. I'll go on record right now and say that he gets at least 8 touches against Green Bay's defense.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
San Fran was keying on Forte all game. If you take Forte out, then they shift back into protect against the pass.

So at which point in the san fran game would you have had them focusing on stopping the pass?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trestman's #1 priority is still to protect Cutler. I haven't once thought Forte was getting over worked, I think with the offensive line we need to be safe and pass more and Forte is the more reliable pass protecter. Those were two dangerous pass rushing teams.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Forte only runs like 18 times a game. He's not getting overworked.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Whether Carey can or can't block is a mute argument if he doesn't at least get that chance in the first place. It's better to get him on the field now early in the season before God forbid Forte gets hurt and Carey is forced to play all of a sudden. A chance here and there won't hurt plus it can distract how the defense reacts to him being out there.

moot =/= mute

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But only one is correct. The word is moot. Mute means without sound, or to silence, or a person without the power of speech.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
But only one is correct. The word is moot. Mute means without sound, or to silence, or a person without the power of speech.

not always

bearmuff

Liked Posts:

He is getting a chance... in practice. Until he can pass block there, no thanks in a real game.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Where's Ka'Deem Carey?

At the end of the bench keeping Vereen company.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:

This makes sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JErryAZuma

BallHawk/CardShark
Liked Posts:
This fucking guy needs some touches IMO, i am sick beyond belief at Forte tripping over the yard line paint. It seems like it's worse than ever any contact and the play is dead. Really bothering me this year.

Still far and away our best back and the best all purpose back in NFL, just wish he could take some more contact.

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
Exactly, it doesn't matter which defense we're going up against and I understand that we've had some tough defenses the past few weeks. Point is, having Carey in there changes things up and it's not like he HAS TO RUN whenever he's on the field. It gives the D a different look, which can open up the passing game.

JErryAZuma

BallHawk/CardShark
Liked Posts:
Plus Carey is hungry for some handles, he definitely runs hard. I just think it would be very beneficial for the Bears to get him in there a little more. BTW we pretty much tell the D when we are running the ball too, it's just blatantly obvious. Jay started off mostly in the Gun, they got a 1st and he went under center on 1st and 2nd down both Forte runs get stuffed at LOS. 3RD down, back to shotgun.