Just so we're clear on Kyle Long

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Yelling and screaming on the sideline does not a great player make. I know everyone is fawning over him again because he was yelling and screaming on the sideline at the defense because he was so fired up at that moment, but that stunt doesn't make him our best player.

Some of you fucktards need to get a grip on that non-football shit that cause an instant message board circle jerk. Like week one yelling at Burfict and later the almost fight with the Rams and now this stunt in week 2. None of this shit makes Long a better football player, it simply causes undue adoration and message board stupidity of the highest order.

Overall though I think it really reveals the psychology that exists on this board as a whole.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is one of these posts I wish I could like 10 times, but you will probably get a ton of hate for.

Long is the ultimate meatball fan hero. A guy who acts in a manner the meatballs like.

Shouting on the sidelines is fine and dandy. Personally I'd be more impressed if he didn't get owned on every run rep, but that's just me.

Bones40

Liked Posts:
Yelling and screaming on the sideline does not a great player make. I know everyone is fawning over him again because he was yelling and screaming on the sideline at the defense because he was so fired up at that moment, but that stunt doesn't make him our best player.

Some of you fucktards need to get a grip on that non-football shit that cause an instant message board circle jerk. Like week one yelling at Burfict and later the almost fight with the Rams and now this stunt in week 2. None of this shit makes Long a better football player, it simply causes undue adoration and message board stupidity of the highest order.

Overall though I think it really reveals the psychology that exists on this board as a whole.

You never played football and have experienced first hand the effect a strong leader can have on everyone, have you?

Of course it doesn't make him a better player. It just makes him loved because we like to see passion, desire and love of team mates.

He needs to, and will get better. He's young and has the intangible aspect of being a leader already, which is the part you can't teach.

tricky5544

Liked Posts:

You do understand that some players feed of emotion and playing a very physical game emotion that goes along with it is a roller coaster. I agree it does not make him a better player then Cutler for say cause his "lack of emotion"....but it does not make it wrong either

MacBear

Liked Posts:
Before he was drafted the offensive line seemed to have the mentality of an abused dog. They were bad, you knew they were bad, and they knew that you knew they were bad. Attitude matters. And he's a legit good player besides, with an exciting amount of potential

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Wtf is an instant message board?

Reactions: WCL

Nick80

don-t-applause-for-that-o.gif

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:

With 70% of nfl players not carrying if they win or lose, I like that Long gives a shit. it is sad that the his actions on the sideline are discussed far more than his play on the field. But B51, you're talking to football fanatics not coaches. Temper your expectation you must.

Nick80

With 70% of nfl players not carrying if they win or lose, I like that Long gives a shit. it is sad that the his actions on the sideline are discussed far more than his play on the field. But B51, you're talking to football fanatics not coaches. Temper your expectation you must.

Whatever gave you that idea?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Before he was drafted the offensive line seemed to have the mentality of an abused dog. They were bad, you knew they were bad, and they knew that you knew they were bad. Attitude matters. And he's a legit good player besides, with an exciting amount of potential

He's talented. He's a solid enough pass blocker because he has fairly quick feet, and he's athletic enough to pull well and block on the run. Where his game really needs to get better is straight head on at the point of contact on regular run plays. Same deal with Slausen, but Slausen is arguably one of the top pass blocking guards in the league. That middle is just a wall of bodies every time. People like to blame Forte for not being able to run inside, but no backs have been able to run inside consistently since the days of Rueben Brown and Kreutz in the middle.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Assume this is directed at me, so I will bite and reply as the self appointed Fucktard Gaggle spokesman. This is again where you fail as a player evaluator. Your inability to look past J Webb's physical traits and see his soft non-football mentality led to your now legendary "no one will be starting at RT other than J Webb" proclamation last year. By the same token, you fail to see the value in Longs fire breathing persona on the field. You don't recognize that his drive and passion inspires him as well as his teammates, plus he has the physical ability to match.

And undue adoration? He was a rookie pro bowl G that loves the game and shows how important it is to him to win. I don't know what part of adoration directed towards him is undue, please school me. Maybe I don't get the value of tweeting about the hot chicks at TC while trying to earn a job, trying to sell my used cleats, or starting my own fan club, what adoration should I give those?

Dr. Manhattan

Liked Posts:
Hell, glad to see someone get fired up coming back from a 17 point deficit to end up winning the game.

I think getting stunned by the bills week one kinda killed the morale of this team. You could see it in the first half. Hopefully we can ride this momentum to a big winning streak