1-1

PeteMicheals

Liked Posts:
Almost everyone and their mothers had us going 1-1 through the first 2 games.

I would say 99.997% of those people figured it would be a win against Buffalo and a loss against San Fran.

This is 30 times better than what people projected. Ideally we would like to be 2-0. But an AFC loss does not hurt you anywhere near an NFC loss. Not to mention and NFC team that will be competing with us for a wildcard spot. We now own that tie breaker. Green bay does not play the 49ers.. We own that tie breaker.

This game was bigger than words and now were rapping.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I would say 99.997% of those people figured it would be a win against Buffalo and a loss against San Fran.

This is 30 times better than what people projected. Ideally we would like to be 2-0. But an AFC loss does not hurt you anywhere near an NFC loss. Not to mention and NFC team that will be competing with us for a wildcard spot. We now own that tie breaker. Green bay does not play the 49ers.. We own that tie breaker.

No, we will win the NFC North. Green Bay will be competing with San Fran for a wildcard spot. Our defense is much much better than Green Bay's, if you haven't seen them yet.

PeteMicheals

Liked Posts:
No, we will win the NFC North. Green Bay will be competing with San Fran for a wildcard spot. Our defense is much much better than Green Bay's, if you haven't seen them yet.

I guess I was drinking out of my pessimistic cup.

While I do agree we have a pretty good shot with the NFC North. Anytime our neighbor up north has a healthy Erin, we should never expect them to be out of it. As well said with the lions. Their standard deviation of greatness between week 1 and 2 was high... but we were as well.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Not if we rack up injuries again. It'll end up like last year all over again.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Not only that, it appears the Cutler vs. Kaepernick debate is settled once and for all, so there's that.

Liked Posts:

If the Bears win this game on the road Monday Night I'm with ya. I'll be convinced for the most part. These are the kinds of games the Bears didn't often win under the prior coaching staff, they were bum slayers more than anything. I don't want to get carries away over 1 win vs SF, but if the Bears can come out & play well against team with a very strong defense on the road for a second straight week & get the win. I'll pretty much be sold.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If the Bears win this game on the road Monday Night I'm with ya. I'll be convinced for the most part. These are the kinds of games the Bears didn't often win under the prior coaching staff, they were bum slayers more than anything. I don't want to get carries away over 1 win vs SF, but if the Bears can come out & play well against team with a very strong defense on the road for a second straight week. I'll pretty much be sold.
I'm personally not convinced until the Bears actually beat an Aaron Rodgers led Green Bay Packers team. Week 4 is a huge game.

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i just hope the team focuses on the task at hand..which is the Jets on MFL..rather than look ahead to the phackers

PeteMicheals

Liked Posts:
I'm personally not convinced until the Bears actually beat an Aaron Rodgers led Green Bay Packers team. Week 4 is a huge game.

Not exactly sure what you are trying to say about the game. Pretty sure its the same amount of time and field size. If you are trying to say the game has more meaning because they our are competitors, you should have worded that differently. I'm sure I'm not the only one who had to read that 2-3 time to understand exactly what you are talking about

Liked Posts:

I think they split. But the Bears can win the division without sweeping the Pack. I don't think winning the division crown is what it used to be. If a WC team is healthy or gets healthy & on a streak at the right time I almost like them better depending on the circumstances. If a team is healthy & on a streak I hate to see them stop for a bye. This happened for GB in 2010 in a season the Bears did win the division. You look at the last two times the Bears actually won the division they split with the Packers both times.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:

:bro: After this weekend we will see if he has a real defense to go with him against GB.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Not exactly sure what you are trying to say about the game. Pretty sure its the same amount of time and field size. If you are trying to say the game has more meaning because they our are competitors, you should have worded that differently. I'm sure I'm not the only one who had to read that 2-3 time to understand exactly what you are talking about

indeed.

PeteMicheals

Liked Posts:
I think they split. But the Bears can win the division without sweeping the Pack. I don't think winning the division crown is what it used to be. If a WC team is healthy or gets healthy & on a streak at the right time I almost like them better depending on the circumstances. If a team is healthy & on a streak I hate to see them stop for a bye. This happened for GB in 2010 in a season the Bears did win the division. You look at the last two times the Bears actually won the division they split with the Packers both times.

Are you saying you would rather Wildcard then Crown it?

Jay Cutler is our WILDCARD!

Woods

Chicago Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
Good points Rory. You must have listened to ESPN Chicago yesterday.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
if we can go into the BYE 4-4 we have a shot. might even be able to get to 5-3 at the break. hell, at this point, i don't see much of anyone that terrifies me.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Runruff said if the Bears beat the Jets he'd be sold on them winning the NFC North. My refute is I still wouldn't be convinced even if they beat the Jets that they're going to win the North. Beat Rodgers in Week 4 and I'm more likely to be convinced.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Runruff said if the Bears beat the Jets he'd be sold on them winning the NFC North. My refute is I still wouldn't be convinced even if they beat the Jets that they're going to win the North. Beat Rodgers in Week 4 and I'm more likely to be convinced.

yep. this.