• Robbie Gould

Votes: 5 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
HHM this is one most excellent blog poll post thread forum thing. keep it up!

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Can Sparticus vote even if he is banned? Matt Forte has two votes....

Liked Posts:
th

I won't argue with anyone who says Marshall because he really is a great player, but Forte is the engine of the offense.

I really don't think either is the wrong answer.

Me neither. In all due respect Marshall is a beast & stat machine too. But I've seen Forte put the offense on his back & carry that offense to the postseason behind a garbage O-line like he did in 2010. I haven't seen this from Marshall. Not yet at least. That could change. I have to admit I do like the changes in his personal character he has appears to have been developing over the past couple of years.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Me neither. In all due respect Marshall is a beast & stat machine too. But I've seen Forte put the offense on his back & carry them to the postseason behind a garbage O-line like he did in 2010. I haven't seen this from Marshall. Not yet at least.
And hopefully you never will because that means our entire offense got injured. Marshall has the luxury of having Jay Cutler throwing the ball (dey got dat bromance goin on), Bennett and Jeffrey as other receiving options besides him (and Forte), and a finally decent Oline protecting the QB...all things that Forte didn't have his first several years. Obviously Marshall is still a monster, but we'll never see him in a similar situation just because he was part of the solution to Forte being our only weapon.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Just so we are clear on Brandon Marshall, Playing with an injury on the field does not a great player make. I know everyone is fawning over him again because he so beastly dealing with an injury and getting 3 touchdowns in the game, but this stunt doesn't necessarily make him the best player.

Players play injured all of the time. Cutler played really well after that wicked spear, and he's not even in this poll. I'm not saying B. Marsh isn't the best player on the roster, but trying to appeal to objectivity rather than meatball emotions.

Kyle Long then.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I know he's just a kicker, but I have a hard time voting for someone other than Gould when, in terms of career field goal percentage, he's the fifth best in league history.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/fg_perc_career.htm

And just think back..... in 2005 we signed the dude off a construction site lol

After going undrafted in the 2005 NFL Draft, the defending Super Bowl champion New England Patriots signed Gould prior to the 2005 NFL preseason even though they already had established Super Bowl winning kicker Adam Vinatieri.[4] Following his not unexpected preseason release from the Pats, Gould signed with the Baltimore Ravens only to be waived three weeks later. He then took a sabbatical from football, working construction for M&R Contracting in Mill Hall, Pennsylvania.[5] The Bears signed him on October 8, 2005, following the Week 3 injury of their starting kicker, Doug Brien.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robbie_Gould#Professional_career

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

BearUp

Liked Posts:
Charles Tillman - a pro on the field and off.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Then do it. There is only one vote for Gould and this is me. It is embarassing with Kyle Long with more votes than Forte or Gould.

Gould has a second vote, mine.

HHM you shoulda made this a public poll so we could point fingers and the homers and the meatballs and the guys disrespecting Matt Forte.

Last edited:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Gould has a second vote, mine.

HHM you shoulda made this a public poll so we could point fingers and the homers and the meatballs and the guys disrespecting Matt Forte.

I fucked up, PM'd a mod, but they couldn't fix it...

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ummm..I hadda vote Forte..Marshall is awesome, but Forte is more versatile

Props to the OP for a nice thread for once

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gould is a great kicker, but he's just a kicker. In regards to who is the best overall Bear, you have to go with a guy who lays it on the line physically every offensive play. He's a vocal and physical leader and he plays in pain. He's inspiring.

I voted B Marsh.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gould is a great kicker, but he's just a kicker. In regards to who is the best overall Bear, you have to go with a guy who lays it on the line physically every offensive play. He's a vocal and physical leader and he plays in pain. He's inspiring.

I voted B Marsh.

Marsh is a close 2nd and it was a tough choice for me..Thats why I went with the more versatile..But I get ya bro

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really could not choose between Marshall and Forte.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Ummm..I hadda vote Forte..Marshall is awesome, but Forte is more versatile

Props to the OP for a nice thread for once

You know what Bearsbud? If you weren't such a negative person and could see the positives in others on a more consistent basis, maybe you would have noticed that I've started SEVERAL quality threads in the last couple of days. I find it hard to believe that you didn't notice and am taking your "compliment" as a backhanded one, because you stalk most of my posts with your constant negativity and trolling. No one is ever too old to change their perspective and become more positive. Sometimes people can be stubborn and willfully obtuse, and I know that is something with which you struggle on a daily basis. I hope that you can overcome this obstacle and have nicer days when you do. :)

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
You know what Bearsbud? If you weren't such a negative person and could see the positives in others on a more consistent basis, maybe you would have noticed that I've started SEVERAL quality threads in the last couple of days. I find it hard to believe that you didn't notice and am taking your "compliment" as a backhanded one, because you stalk most of my posts with your constant negativity and trolling. No one is ever too old to change their perspective and become more positive. Sometimes people can be stubborn and willfully obtuse, and I know that is something with which you struggle on a daily basis. I hope that you can overcome this obstacle and have nicer days when you do. :)

And I hope you can overcome being a busybody and following me around as well Margie, cause youre stinkin up da place with your bullshit

BTW..If what you say is true about your "quality posts"..Im glad you are finally seeing the light..Ill be sure to let you know

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
And I hope you can overcome being a busybody and following me around as well Margie, cause youre stinkin up da place with your bullshit

BTW..If what you say is true about your "quality posts"..Im glad you are finally seeing the light..Ill be sure to let you know

Thanks for stalking yet another post Bearsbud. I know you can't help yourself! Have a nice day! :)