Eric Reid and his hit on Marshall's TD pass

Thibetanus

Liked Posts:
I apologize if someone already pointed this out, but I first noticed this when I was watching a highlight of the game. It looks to me like Eric Reid intentionally fell on Marshall's side of the head with his elbow when Marshall was down. If you watch closely, Reid is running towards Marshall as Marshall makes the one handed catch, then he throws his legs to the right, and puts his weight on his left elbow leading to Marshall's head. Maybe I'm wrong, but looks to me like he was trying to intentionally hurt BM :(

sigpic466_18.gif

Lucky Marshall didn't get hurt on that play.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You're mistaken.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Does not look intentional to me. Just playing football. The one handed grab made him alter his movement towards Marshall.

Thibetanus

Liked Posts:
Okay cool, guess the first video all I saw was him falling and hitting Marshall on the side of his head and I thought the worst :-/

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Doesn't look intentional what so ever. If anything the DB was trying his best to get out of the way of Marshall.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
I apologize if someone already pointed this out, but I first noticed this when I was watching a highlight of the game. It looks to me like Eric Reid intentionally fell on Marshall's side of the head with his elbow when Marshall was down. If you watch closely, Reid is running towards Marshall as Marshall makes the one handed catch, then he throws his legs to the right, and puts his weight on his left elbow leading to Marshall's head. Maybe I'm wrong, but looks to me like he was trying to intentionally hurt BM :(

sigpic466_18.gif

The other plays make it look like he's sliding to avoid having Marshall's head blow out his knee.

Thibetanus

Liked Posts:
Yeah, saw a different angle, and it looks like he didn't even hit Marshall's helmet, lol, my bad, still learning this game :p

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah it looks more like a heads up play from the DB protecting himself than mal-intended

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You can't legislate every play as intentional or not. thats a bang bang play with player's reacting to the ball in a receivers hands.

SouthSida773

Liked Posts:
You have to control the ball all the way to the ground when making a catch. Of course he's trying to make contact with Marshall in an attempt to jar the ball loose. Nothing to see here..

Slacker

Liked Posts:
From my limited experience playing football, the number of people who have ever intentionally struck someone's helmet with an unprotected elbow is zero. It hurts like a mo-fo and is a great way to fracture a bone.

Exhibit_A

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

sigpic466_18.gif

We need to stop calling Brandon Marshall bm..I think u understand why..