Bears promote WR Rashad Ross and waive Chris Williams

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Chris Williams failed as an OT and now he has failed as a speedy WR.... idk why we can't just let him go already.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Chris Williams failed as an OT and now he has failed as a speedy WR.... idk why we can't just let him go already.
Has he failed as our KR/PR yet?

Emanbears23

Liked Posts:
Has he failed as our KR/PR yet?

No, and it is pissing me off why they won't give him a shot. And when our guys were struggling to run at al against the 49ers, (mainly Jeffery), why wouldn't they put in Williams and let him run some deep gos. and play Holmes more.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
No, and it is pissing me off why they won't give him a shot. And when our guys were struggling to run at al against the 49ers, (mainly Jeffery), why wouldn't they put in Williams and let him run some deep gos. and play Holmes more.

maybe because he's not good? i can't argue with much about the bears current staff's ability to evaluate offensive talent. they see these guys in practice and know a lot more about them that us. the simple fact that the bears chose to go with jeffery playing at about 50% over williams should speak volumes.

as far as holmes, i think he's still learning the playbook. the play in week one where he was blocking instead of running his route is the kind of thing that will keep a player on the sidelines. i think we'll see more of holmes as the season goes on.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
maybe because he's not good? i can't argue with much about the bears current staff's ability to evaluate offensive talent. they see these guys in practice and know a lot more about them that us. the simple fact that the bears chose to go with jeffery playing at about 50% over williams should speak volumes.

as far as holmes, i think he's still learning the playbook. the play in week one where he was blocking instead of running his route is the kind of thing that will keep a player on the sidelines. i think we'll see more of holmes as the season goes on.

Boom.

RIP Chris Williams CFL Highlights

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I think Williams will be brought back at some point this season, even to the practice squad. The way injuries are happening across the NFL, this is more than likely.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
ughhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! I just anted Chris Williams to get one shot at returning a kick. They didn't even give him a chance to keep the spot they just gave him

Bearman 43

Liked Posts:
If your gonna be pissed at least be pissed at the worst ST's coach the Bears have ever seen. Why Trestman hired such a bum is beyond me. Hell the cowboys almost declared a holiday when they got rid of him!

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I think Williams will be brought back at some point this season, even to the practice squad. The way injuries are happening across the NFL, this is more than likely.

he's already been cut and brought back like 3 times so yeah I'd say thats a pretty safe bet

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Well said and i agree. I wouldn't doubt if Holmes breaks out against the Jets cause you know he has hard feelings towards them so as long as Trest and Cutty give him a chance then just maybe he will.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was not happy, until this.

[video=youtube;4eBt089yMtk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eBt089yMtk[/video]

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This highlight reel is of a bigtime performer and natural KR man that can belong while playing smart and controlled as a professional in the NFL. If Emery poached him off Green Bay's practice squad, he not only brings us a semi-proven kick returner, but I will say his feet have "the look", and the natural speed is there, plus there is a chance he knows their route trees and passing concepts to an extent and can teach Trestman what he knows.

One irony is that Emery may have seen Ross when he went to scout Sutton in Sutton's JR year., Sutton went out of that game (against Oregon) early injured, and Emery spent the time looking at Kyle Long in person. Well....Emery scouted them both, drafted them both....and I would love to know what Emery's notes were that day.....Oct. 18th 2012 I believe...Rashad Ross had 6 Kick Returns for 118 yards with a long of only 25, and I wonder what Emery thought. D. Anthony thomas did not have any returns that day, as a side note, and he had a poor day as a running back.

Its possible Emery would have scouted Kadeem Carey either the same weekend or the next at Arizona on the same scouting trip that was so fruitful. I wonder if he will talk about it more. And I wonder if it means we commit to Ross for the season because we poached him phyically off of someones elses and I wonder if Green Bay responds and takes something valuable off of ours?

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=312882483

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
5'11", 190 lb, 4.3 40.:yep:

sam slocum

Liked Posts:
If your gonna be pissed at least be pissed at the worst ST's coach the Bears have ever seen. Why Trestman hired such a bum is beyond me. Hell the cowboys almost declared a holiday when they got rid of him!

I agree with this, but having to constantly shuffle the bottom of the roster where the special teamers mostly reside can't make it easier on the coach.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This highlight reel is of a bigtime performer and natural KR man that can belong while playing smart and controlled as a professional in the NFL. If Emery poached him off Green Bay's practice squad, he not only brings us a semi-proven kick returner, but I will say his feet have "the look", and the natural speed is there, plus there is a chance he knows their route trees and passing concepts to an extent and can teach Trestman what he knows.

One irony is that Emery may have seen Ross when he went to scout Sutton in Sutton's JR year., Sutton went out of that game (against Oregon) early injured, and Emery spent the time looking at Kyle Long in person. Well....Emery scouted them both, drafted them both....and I would love to know what Emery's notes were that day.....Oct. 18th 2012 I believe...Rashad Ross had 6 Kick Returns for 118 yards with a long of only 25, and I wonder what Emery thought. D. Anthony thomas did not have any returns that day, as a side note, and he had a poor day as a running back.

Its possible Emery would have scouted Kadeem Carey either the same weekend or the next at Arizona on the same scouting trip that was so fruitful. I wonder if he will talk about it more. And I wonder if it means we commit to Ross for the season because we poached him phyically off of someones elses and I wonder if Green Bay responds and takes something valuable off of ours?

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=312882483

I thought Ross was on our PS. PS's aren't about retribution. If a team wants to sign somebody, they'll just sign their own guy to keep him.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
For years, when considering a KR, people always considered his legs - does he have good legs? Can he run? Is he quick?

Me, I want to know about this dude's knees. Does have great knees? Can he genuflect like an altar boy or Omelette in front of Peyton Manning.

I want a guy who can catch the ball and take a goddamn knee or let it roll through the back of the end zone. If that means a 350 OLineman, fine by me.

No returns. Ever. Returns mean penalties. Penalties mean drives start at the 7.

Take a knee. Start the drive at the 20 and get fucking Forte going.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For years, when considering a KR, people always considered his legs - does he have good legs? Can he run? Is he quick?

Me, I want to know about this dude's knees. Does have great knees? Can he genuflect like an altar boy or Omelette in front of Peyton Manning.

I want a guy who can catch the ball and take a goddamn knee or let it roll through the back of the end zone. If that means a 350 OLineman, fine by me.

No returns. Ever. Returns mean penalties. Penalties mean drives start at the 7.

Take a knee. Start the drive at the 20 and get fucking Forte going.

I think this guy Ross will take the job and stick it if Perry doesn't do something first. The buck stops here, and he is a pretty good fit for the offense I think as well.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not usually my role but I guess I'll be the Debbie downer here.

I see good to great speed and some vision and a little power.

I don't see much quickness or great change of direction which combined with his above attributes would make excited.

I wonder why they never gave Ford a shot at KR. The guy has a lot of speed combined with a lot power and a low center of gravity. IMO as a returner he had decent vision and was able to hit creases and wholes hard and at least fall forward if not break a tackle or two. Kind of reminded of the way Daniel Manning returned kicks, like a truck.