Bears promote WR Rashad Ross and waive Chris Williams

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not usually my role but I guess I'll be the Debbie downer here.

I see good to great speed and some vision and a little power.

I don't see much quickness or great change of direction which combined with his above attributes would make excited.

I wonder why they never gave Ford a shot at KR. The guy has a lot of speed combined with a lot power and a low center of gravity. IMO as a returner he had decent vision and was able to hit creases and wholes hard and at least fall forward if not break a tackle or two. Kind of reminded of the way Daniel Manning returned kicks, like a truck.

I see good quickness and great change of direction.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Did Michael Ford make a roster anywhere?

IIRC, last year, he was relatively decent on kick and punt coverage. If they can get a guy who can catch the ball and take a knee and tackle the guy on the other team during a kickoff, then might be a better choice of a roster spot.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:

IIRC, last year, he was relatively decent on kick and punt coverage. If they can get a guy who can catch the ball and take a knee and tackle the guy on the other team during a kickoff, then might be a better choice of a roster spot.

didn't he have a bunch of fumbles in camp? i thought i remember hearing that. i honestly just want someone who won't make mistakes given what the offense is capable of. most kick-offs are to deep in the end zone to justify taking out anyways.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I see good quickness and great change of direction.

I hope your evaluation is better than mine, honestly. I really just hope he (or whoever is returning) is competent. I don't think we need the next great returner with this O. We need a guy who knows when to kneel and when to take off so we don't have to start drives inside our own 10.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

:nope: