Coming to the Chi 11/15

TheBearsAllDay

Liked Posts:
I'm making a trip to Chicago for the Vikings game. We hope the trend continues of Bears winning when we attend the game. :) We won't have vehicle transportation ( relying on the blue line and/or taxi). I want a few good places ( don't want to "break" the bank). Name a few easy to get to restaurants. We don't drink so having a bar- like atmosphere is not a must. I'm looking for some fresh, innovative food that says "you're in Chicago". Thanks for any guidance in advance.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Where are you staying?

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What is "breaking the bank"? That would help b/c Chicago is a fantastic food city. That would help...a lot.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
I'm making a trip to Chicago for the Vikings game. We hope the trend continues of Bears winning when we attend the game. :) We won't have vehicle transportation ( relying on the blue line and/or taxi). I want a few good places ( don't want to "break" the bank). Name a few easy to get to restaurants. We don't drink so having a bar- like atmosphere is not a must. I'm looking for some fresh, innovative food that says "you're in Chicago". Thanks for any guidance in advance.
Use Yelp. Also, since you're in Bensenville check out the sports bar on Touhy and Elmhurst in Elk Grove Village for some quality bar food.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Where are you staying?
Hmmmmmm.

psycho1.jpg

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Would help if you could narrow the question down to cuisine/ethnicity, meanwhile you can't go wrong w/this place:

[video=youtube;ZimbBMY7ah4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZimbBMY7ah4[/video]

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Pizza: Pequod's Pizza in Lincoln Park
Fine American: Girl & The Goat - Make reservations soon if you want for a Friday or Saturday night. This is my favorite restaurant in Chicago.
Pasta: Quartino - Go in the afternoon and ask for a patio seat.
Sandwiches: Pastoral - 2 locations (1 in the French Market and 1 close to Michigan Avenue .. forgot the cross street. Right across from Millenium Park)
Cuban Food: Cafecito

TheBearsAllDay

Liked Posts:
What is "breaking the bank"? That would help b/c Chicago is a fantastic food city. That would help...a lot.

Well, 100 a meal would be (including appetizer and dessert). If it's just a sandwich joint, etc. then nothing really. But if it's an Italian, prime rib, BBQ joint than 100 would be my max.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well, if you are down for cabbing all over the city and potentially suburbs, tell me what you wanna eat and what kind of experience you are expecting.

If you want some of the best fried chicken ever, go to a Harolds in a bad neighborhood. Call your order in advance, chicken is cooked to order and takes like 15 minutes and you probably don't want to hang around and wait for 15 minutes if you aren't from around there or think you know better.

If you want really good Italian that won't break teh bank and I'm talking REALLY GOOD, go to Calo in Andersonville. Chicago cops and gangsters can be found eating there during the same hours. Gnocci Gorgonzola is my favorite there.

Find a Lou Malnati's for pizza if you want a pan pizza. It's always decent. If you want to go to Uptown, you can get some awesome NY style thin crust pie cut pizza on the cheap like it should be - Gigio's.

Saloon Steakhouse downtown is a very hidden gem last time I was there. Awesome grassfed steaks 45-70 bucks. Classic steakhouse, fantastic service, dark leathery and warm atmosphere, won't break the bank and be sterile like a lot of chicago steakhouse restaurants.

Also, if you are going to be around for some tourism, just go down to Chinatown. Eat at a busy restaurant. Lots of good times down there.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Well, 100 a meal would be (including appetizer and dessert). If it's just a sandwich joint, etc. then nothing really. But if it's an Italian, prime rib, BBQ joint than 100 would be my max.

Italian - Go to Volare or Quartino

BBQ - Go to Smoque BBQ

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Pizza: Pequod's Pizza in Lincoln Park
Fine American: Girl & The Goat - Make reservations soon if you want for a Friday or Saturday night. This is my favorite restaurant in Chicago.
Pasta: Quartino - Go in the afternoon and ask for a patio seat.
Sandwiches: Pastoral - 2 locations (1 in the French Market and 1 close to Michigan Avenue .. forgot the cross street. Right across from Millenium Park)
Cuban Food: Cafecito
sandwich place sounds awesome. never been but that's a nice menu: http://www.pastoralartisan.com/products-page/sandwiches

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It's awesome.. I went with my girlfriend a few weeks ago. We each got a sandwich, got a beer, walked across to Millenium Park and had a picnic. Delicious food. If you're really into cheese, you can do a cheese plate too. They have a massive variety of cheeses.

was it so good that you punched her?

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
no one wants to stay at your place you nut job!!

I sell all the bodies for medical research..I make a lot of under the counter cash that way

I can set you up with a date however

Last edited:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I sell all the bodies for medical research..I make a lot of under the counter cash that way

I can set you up with a date however

it took you 9 minutes to edit your original post. it's still not funny. have a nice day though!