Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I tried that place out during the "switch." What a boring message board. Absolutely no cunting or fucktards at all.
So true. If the cunting, fucktardedness, and GIFFing went away that would leave about 30-40 days a year of worthy post game and draft analysis posting. Even after the great 49ers game by Wednesday all that is left is new Long head butt GIFFs, bitching about DB54, crowing about the intellectuality of being a contrarian and fire Dan Berstien threads.

Last edited:

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hahahaha. I didnt know that he was a pool cleaner.
Now I know why he didnt pay me after he lost a bet with me on the CBMBDs. I pm'd him my address for the $50 and he never responded.
I bet him that Earl Bennett would not get 21 or more pass receptions in his first season with the BEARs.
I always liked his source for the news but hated his opinions. The dude always had the I am always right mentality.

Yep the B is for Buttermaker.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Hub Arkush: Bears grade out poorly in big win over 49ers

Cutler, Marshall and Fuller saved the night

By HUB ARKUSH - harkush@chicagofootball.com - Tuesday, September 16, 2014 8:13 p.m. CDT

The Bears' 28-20 come-from-behind victory over the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday night was a game for the ages, but that didn’t make the review of the game tape any more pleasant.

The reason the win was so impressive is the Bears were so bad for the first 40 minutes they appeared to have dug a hole impossible to climb out of.

Jay Cutler was one of the few bright spots. Before the Bears' last possession of the first half ,Cutler was 7 of 14 passing for 28 yards. From that point on he was 16 of 20 for 148 yards, four TDs, no interceptions and had three carries for 23 yards rushing, including a 25-yard scramble to ignite his ballclub.

RELATED: How did the Bears pull off that comeback? The All-22 Slideshow is here.

Cutler gets an A for one of his best games as a Bear.

Matt Forte on the other hand gets a C. The only reason it’s not worse is he got no help from his teammates. His 12 carries for 21 yards and five catches for 15 yards marked one of Forte’s weakest performances in years.

The offensive line was a big part of Forte’s problem, but it gets a C + because the pass protection with Roberto Garza and Matt Slauson on the bench and Brian de la Puente and Michael Ola in their spots wasn’t bad.

Justin Smith worked Ola most of the night, but that’s not unusual with Smith. Jordan Mills had a particularly bad night, while Kyle Long played well again.

Receiver Brandon Marshall gets an A+ for his three TDs, even though he was less than 100 percent healthy and ineffective for stretches of the game. His first touchdown catch was as great a play as you’ll see all year.

Give tight end Martellus Bennett a B+ for being available for Cutler all night long while the rest of the receiving crew struggled, and for much improved run blocking over Week 1, even if the overall team run blocking was insufficient on the night.

The rest of the receiving corps earned a C to a C-. Alshon Jeffery was clearly laboring and his one big 29-yard catch to set up the Bears' final score was an underthrow to the back shoulder that Chris Culliver just didn’t see. Santonio Holmes, Josh Bellamy and Dante Rosario did little to pick up their teammates.

The defensive line gets a C-. Other than Willie Young’s two sacks late in the game and Stephen Paea doing a decent job pressuring up the middle on pass plays, the whole group was mediocre to poor.

The 49ers rushed for 101 yards on 21 carries through three quarters because of a number of large gaps inside and quarterback Colin Kaepernick breaking contain at least three times.

Jared Allen and Lamarr Houston were particularly ineffective, while Jeremiah Ratliff was again the only defensive lineman to earn a positive grade before leaving with a concussion.

For the linebackers, Lance Briggs was significantly better against the run than he was in Week 1, and Shea McClellin and Jon Bostic were both improved from Week 1, if still average, while D.J. Williams had a tough night. As a group, the linebackers were a B-.

I’ve got a B+ for the secondary. Charles Tillman was playing well before being lost for the season to a triceps injury, and Chris Conte made a brilliant play on his interception before leaving the game with a shoulder injury.

Kyle Fuller was the second-biggest reason the Bears won the game after Marshall, and the rest of the DBs were at least close to average, holding the Niners to 186 yards passing over the first 48 minutes before their last desperation drive in the fourth quarter.

Special teams are a problem, and the coaching was spotty throughout, as clock management and play calling were curious at times.

The bottom line is if the Bears play just 18 to 20 minutes in each of the rest of their games, they’ll be a less-than-.500 football team, but for this game give the team and the coaches an A+ for somehow stealing a victory from well past the jaws and deep in the belly of defeat.

• Chicago Football editor Hub Arkush can be reached at harkush@chicagofootball.com or on Twitter @Hub_Arkush.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
That's right Ole54, post these every day !!!!

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I read the above article on another site and found these grades a bit baffling:

Matt Forte on the other hand gets a C. The only reason it’s not worse is he got no help from his teammates. His 12 carries for 21 yards and five catches for 15 yards marked one of Forte’s weakest performances in years.

Now, I like Forte, and surely the blocking and the 49ers D influenced his output, but how does 1.75 yrd/carry and 3 yards/ rec garner a C? C is average, what about that performance is average.

And then there is this next part. I didn't know the author before getting to this part and I immediately stopped and scrolled back up to see Who TF has a job writing about football and saw this in his game analysis. Shocking it was Hub.

The defensive line gets a C-. Other than Willie Young’s two sacks late in the game and Stephen Paea doing a decent job pressuring up the middle on pass plays, the whole group was mediocre to poor.

Jared Allen and Lamarr Houston were particularly ineffective, while Jeremiah Ratliff was again the only defensive lineman to earn a positive grade before leaving with a concussion.

Just... wow.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Tanks Brole69er

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He got banned from bearsfansonline.com

Hahaha Yea he was telling everybody what they should think and got his ass kicked quick....even though he was providing the news......they didnt take his shit there at all.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Where's Ommy to tell us we are going to be sooooooooed for posting copyrighted material?

Nick80

This thread needs less NEWS, more GIFs!

Nick?

tumblr_lod5qsT8dI1ql9wx6o1_500.gif

Cool, I'll make sure just to post gifs whenever I can after you post.

I do love a cunt in a news thread.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I guess it's okay now, since this is old news.

emaugust

Sort of a big deal...
Liked Posts:
DB54 disappeared completely. Was very surprised about that.

When the CBMB went down there was a diaspora of forums attempting to gain market share. This one seemed like the official successor + it has something like the old forum theme so it works for me. DB went to a different forum and was posting news threads there. Don't remember which one tho.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
When the CBMB went down there was a diaspora of forums attempting to gain market share. This one seemed like the official successor + it has something like the old forum theme so it works for me. DB went to a different forum and was posting news threads there. Don't remember which one tho.

Bearsfansonline.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Another quality thread from ole69.

The only name you can trust when you want a reprinted news article.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...nfl-domestic-abuse-20140918-story.html#page=1

Brandon Marshall addresses history of domestic violence

By Dan Wiederer

As is often the case, Brandon Marshall felt an urge to speak out.

With his league spiraling through an unprecedented month of crisis and his own troubled past being dragged into the conversation, the Bears receiver insists deeper societal discussions are necessary.

For weeks now, the NFL’s on-field product has had to cede its spotlight to the sobering coverage of players embroiled in domestic violence and child abuse controversies.

Ray Rice has been suspended indefinitely from the league after a winter incident in which he punched his then-fiancee, now wife in an Atlantic City elevator. The Panthers have Greg Hardy’s ongoing domestic assault proceedings hanging above them. The Vikings have opted to ban MVP running back Adrian Peterson from all team activities this season as the legal process in his disturbing child abuse case plays out. And just this week Cardinals running back Jonathan Dwyer was arrested on aggravated assault charges after a dispute with his wife over the summer.

Marshall, meanwhile, knows he was once the player creating the negative headlines, plagued earlier in his career by his own history of domestic violence. Those transgressions have been exhumed this week in various ways. Rather than run from his difficult past, Marshall had a 40-minute news conference Thursday at Halas Hall to discuss everything from his rough childhood to his beef with ESPN to his reaction regarding Gloria Allred’s Wednesday news conference in Atlanta when she used Marshall’s violent relationship with an former girlfriend as a means to attack NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.

On why he wants his voice to be heard on the difficult issues facing the NFL ...

“There was a time back in the day that people with influence — professional athletes, entertainers, governors — they were like civil rights leaders. They had a voice. Now, it’s sad because of endorsement deals, because of contracts and because of public approval, we run away from certain topics. Last week I found myself running away from it, too. And that’s not me. You know I love controversy. Because it’s an opportunity, it’s a platform to talk about some of these issues that really need to have light shed on them.”

On the rough childhood that shaped him ...

“I grew up in a house, better yet an environment, a neighborhood where it was volatile. There was domestic violence. My mother was not only physically abused and mentally abused, she was sexually assaulted. And I didn’t understand it at the time when I was a child. I didn’t understand it until I was at McLean Hospital and I was dealing with my own issues that my mom was depressed. My mom was isolated. My mom was an alcoholic. I grew up and I saw a lot of pain in my mom’s eyes. I saw a lot of suffering. And the scariest thing was how my mom was isolated for years. I didn’t know what that was. I thought my mom was just a mean person at times.”

On how the NFL can be a part of creating positive change ...

“My view on the NFL and this current climate that we’re in? I think it’s a shame. But I do love and respect what we’re doing because we all know that the NFL does have the ability to transform lives, to transform communities. We have influence to really shape and mold a culture. So these issues, whether we’re wearing lime green on the field (for mental health awareness) or pink, orange, whatever, I think that’s sweet. Because the amount of awareness and the amount of influence we have can really dictate a lot.”

On why he was upset with ESPN for its updated “E:60” profile on him earlier this week ...

“This is a really tough one for me. It’s really tough because in situations like this, you’re not going to hear people defend themselves. There are certain things where if you get defensive, if you speak your mind, you’re going to be judged and you’re going to make yourself look worse.

“For six or seven years I’ve sat back and accepted my part in everything that I’ve done, everything that I’ve been a part of. And I’ve listened to representatives say, ‘Listen, you can’t win this one.’ And you can’t. There’s no need to try and win it.

Why did Brandon Marshall do that?
Why did Brandon Marshall do that?
Steve Rosenbloom
“But I refuse to sit back and continue to let ESPN or any other network or outlet exploit my story. … That’s what’s so upsetting, when someone can sit in my living room and look me and my wife in the eyes and say, ‘Listen, this story is about what you guys are doing today. The mentorship. This is about your camp, your community weekend.’ And then they use our story and sensationalize it to sell magazines and to get better ratings. It’s time to stop.”

On his support for NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell after meeting with him this summer ...

“I just wanted to use the NFL’s platform to push my agenda and my cause. ... When we sat down and met it was interesting because there were probably 10 people in the room and we were talking about systems and programs and how we can help our guys. How can we implement different things? And what did I do to change my life?

“And at the end after four hours sitting there with them, talking about all these cases, he kicked everybody out of the room and it was just me, him, (NFL executive vice president of football operations) Troy Vincent and a clinician. (Goodell) had tears in his eyes. He said, ‘Man, how can I help Josh Gordon? How can I help Davone Bess? How can I help these guys? We have this Ray Rice situation.’ He really was concerned. He really cared.

“That’s when I really gained a lot of respect for him because a lot of time we think it’s damage control. Or they’re trying to do this to protect the shield. But I gained so much respect for Goodell. … He kept asking me, ‘What is the call to action? What is the call to action?’ And I’m like, ‘Man, the call to action is just to talk about it. We just need to create healthy conversations.’”

On his reaction to attorney Gloria Allred’s news conference earlier this week ...

“I would love to see how much money she (has) donated to some of these causes because she has a powerful voice. I would love for her to use that voice and use that influence to really help so many people who are out there struggling. And not use it as an opportunity to brand herself and to create a circus.

“There are so many amazing groups out there that are speaking right now and doing some amazing things. But you have something like that (news conference) that kind of overshadows it all. So I was a little disappointed.”

On why the discussions of serious issues need to occur more frequently ...

lRelated NFL Network film focuses on Brandon Marshall's turnaround
SPORTS COLUMNISTS
NFL Network film focuses on Brandon Marshall's turnaround
SEE ALL RELATED
“It’s serious. There are some alarming things that are out there. And like I said, it’s not an epidemic in the NFL. It’s really an epidemic in our world. So I would just say to just pay attention. Because the more we talk about it, the more people are going to heal, the more healthy conversations are going to get started and we’ll begin to see things change.

“To be honest, there are some communities and some people who really believe that it’s OK. Some people really believe that it’s OK to be in a relationship where there’s fighting and there’s arguing and there’s yelling. Because that’s all they’ve seen. That’s why I always say that you’re a product of your environment. If you grow up and you see your mom and dad arguing and fighting, that’s what you’re going to believe a relationship is going to look like.

“Now that we’re creating this discussion and now that we’re creating this dialogue and basically saying ‘This is the real picture. This is how it really looks. This is how marriage looks. This is how conflict looks. This is how you deal with it. This is how you communicate.’ I think we’re going to start to see a healthier community.”

cComments
Are we now going to be so unforgiving as a society that we cannot leave past mistakes in the past? Brandon Marshall has learned from his mistakes and has learned from the mistakes of others in his own upbringing. Past is past, and more power to him to be an example for a better way!When they...
PHIL KOBER
AT 9:03 AM SEPTEMBER 19, 2014
ADD A COMMENTSEE ALL COMMENTS
On the issue of physical discipline for children in light of the accusations facing Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, who’s accused of beating his 4-year-old son ...

“I’m not going to raise my children that way because I think there’s a better way. I can’t wait for my son and my daughter to start arguing. And that’s an opportunity for me to sit them down and say, ‘Let’s talk about it. I want you two to talk about it.’ Right then I’m going to be teaching them that this is how you communicate. This is how you deal with conflict. It’s not about being violent or yelling or screaming.

“But I was whooped. My grandmother whooped me with an extension cord. She whooped me with a switch. ... We had a drawer that was just a belt drawer. So I just think that everyone’s points and views on things are a little different. And for me, I’m not going to raise my kids that way. But I was raised that way. People in my neighborhood were raised that way. And probably 90 percent of the guys in the NFL probably got whoopings.”