marshall press conference

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Brandon Marshall...

Living proof that people need therapy and counseling instead of constantly sending every person who does something stupid to jail...

Jailing people never solves problems, in fact it creates more problems... And it makes adults rebel against the system that is supposed to reform them, in the end the mark it leaves ultimately destroys their lives...

Jail starts a war between the person put in it and the people who jailed him and the system that they work for...

Which is why a majority of the black community will not communicate with police or prosecutors...

If more people were given a second chance through counselling therapy while electronically monitored and under supervision we could possibly see more communication from the black community and other racially profiled minorities that end up in the system...

This man might have been jailed and had his entire livelihood taken away all because before we could understand the problems he had mentally we would have demanded he be punished for something he couldn't control at the time because he didn't know how...

This message does not pertain to murderers, rapists, or violent criminals who use premeditation in their crimes to commit violent acts against others...

I expect people to understand the difference...

nobull

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Living proof that people need therapy and counseling instead of constantly sending every person who does something stupid to jail...

Jailing people never solves problems, in fact it creates more problems... And it makes adults rebel against the system that is supposed to reform them, in the end the mark it leaves ultimately destroys their lives...

Jail starts a war between the person put in it and the people who jailed him and the system that they work for...

Which is why a majority of the black community will not communicate with police or prosecutors...

If more people were given a second chance through counselling therapy while electronically monitored and under supervision we could possibly see more communication from the black community and other racially profiled minorities that end up in the system...

This man might have been jailed and had his entire livelihood taken away all because before we could understand the problems he had mentally we would have demanded he be punished for something he couldn't control at the time because he didn't know how...

This message does not pertain to murderers, rapists, or violent criminals who use premeditation in their crimes to commit violent acts against others...

What about the other groupies/minorities who get caught up

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
What about the other groupies/minorities who get caught up
Why does it have to be a racial minority? Shitheads be shitheads. I don't want some ghetto turd living next to me just as I don't want some hillbilly redneck methehead shit living next to me either.

Noone gets caught up, you are resonsible for your actions. That's what I respect about Brandon so much. He admited his faults, accepts them and works through them.

Noone should blame race or being a minority group as reasoning behind their own actions.

“Up to a point a person’s life is shaped by environment, heredity, and changes in the world about them. Then there comes a time when it lies within their grasp to shape the clay of their life into the sort of thing they wish it to be. Only the weak blame parents, their race, their times, lack of good fortune or the quirks of fate. Everyone has the power to say, "This I am today. That I shall be tomorrow.”
― Louis L'Amour

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:

Damn hippie liberal...

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I do think we need to allow due process and rehabilitation, unlike many people. It seems a lot of people want an immediate termination and lifelong suspension and more.

Doesn't Brandon Marshall prove, though, that rehabilitation (through medication, therapy, etc.) can indeed work?

That's why I'm not a huge fan of the "just suspend him and hang him" crowd. If that makes me soft on crime, that's fine.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
“Up to a point a person’s life is shaped by environment, heredity, and changes in the world about them. Then there comes a time when it lies within their grasp to shape the clay of their life into the sort of thing they wish it to be. Only the weak blame parents, their race, their times, lack of good fortune or the quirks of fate. Everyone has the power to say, "This I am today. That I shall be tomorrow.”
― Louis L'Amour

Love that.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Brandon Marshall...

I find it funny how the people who claim to have compassion and an ability to reason and understand... Are the first to get emotionally distraught and demand a punishment that lacks any thoughtful reasoning or compassion and will never understand any other way of thinking...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do think we need to allow due process and rehabilitation, unlike many people. It seems a lot of people want an immediate termination and lifelong suspension and more.

Doesn't Brandon Marshall prove, though, that rehabilitation (through medication, therapy, etc.) can indeed work?

That's why I'm not a huge fan of the "just suspend him and hang him" crowd. If that makes me soft on crime, that's fine.

No, it proves that people who have a well-understood mental disorder with a very positive prognosis when treated will show good results when treated.

Justin Heras

Liked Posts:

You are dead on correct about people wanting instant justice and thankfully we have due process in this country. The court of public opinion is made up mostly of the dumbest and most ignorant people the U.S has to offer. Your comment about rehabilitation, I can introduce you to some people who no amount " rehabilitation " is going to change. It's like drug addicts in a way, You can throw them in rehabilitation center after rehabilitation center but they wont stop using drugs unless they want to.

willynowei

Liked Posts:
Brandon Marshal proves that mental illness is a very real issue and that with proper help a guy can overcome bi-polar disorder and lead an extremely productive life.

Says nothing about thugs w/ no illnesses that deserve to be locked up as a deterrence to others.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
According to the women's father that Brandon had all the issues with 7 years ago, Brandon was simply looking for something to blame his actions on so he picked BPD and is simply faking that he has turned his life around. So that guys a complete moron.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Why does it have to be a racial minority? Shitheads be shitheads. I don't want some ghetto turd living next to me just as I don't want some hillbilly redneck methehead shit living next to me either.

Noone gets caught up, you are resonsible for your actions. That's what I respect about Brandon so much. He admited his faults, accepts them and works through them.

Noone should blame race or being a minority group as reasoning behind their own actions.

― Louis L'Amour

This is the problem. People need to understand what mental illnesses really are. Brandon was unable to shape Brandon because of it. Once he was treated he was able to shape himself. It's archaic to think that everyone's in control of their lives. That is simply not true. I also agree with the OP that putting an emphasis on mental diseases could help reform the system.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
But if you reformed everyone without throwing them in jail, who would fund our for-profit prison system? Who's looking out for the hardworking job creators of this country???

This would just change to for profit mental health institutions. You'd have to force these people to go to them so it would act as a sort of in between prison

Newblood

Liked Posts:
You have to want to change your life before therapy and counseling will work.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:

He couldn't control it at the time? I call bullshit. I can make an opposing argument that if there wasn't the possibility of him losing his NFL career and ending up in prison, he would still be beating the fuck out of his girlfriends/wife.

What I would say to some of these NFL players acting like dipshits, "Know what the consequences are before you do something like the rest of us do. If you know the consequences and you still do it then you are truly a fucking idiot."

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
According to the women's father that Brandon had all the issues with 7 years ago, Brandon was simply looking for something to blame his actions on so he picked BPD and is simply faking that he has turned his life around. So that guys a complete moron.

lol, fuck that guy. Brandon Marshall has turned a complete 180. Thanks to Dont Care Cutler :yep:

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:

Not sure how you can say Marshall has been "faking it". Is the potential still there? Yeah, I'm sure it is. Many of these "Brain disorders" have been debated among professionals for years. Either way, Brandon knows he has it in him to beat women and be a violent person. It's good that he knows this and uses techniques to avoid that behavior. It's also good that there is also the threat of him losing a LOT OF MONEY if he does fall back on violence again. That is further reinforcement to continue using the techniques that avoid such behavior.