marshall press conference

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Who is saying that? Really? Marshall has reformed, improved himself, and should have nothing to worry about. He's a great player, great teammate, and seems to be a genuinely decent person. He was troubled before, which lead to problems. Does anyone deny that he is fortunate he overcame his troubles prior to the present atmosphere?

I"M JUST SO MAD. WHAT CAN WE DO ABOUT THIS?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Bernstein made an excellent point. Part of the common pathology of domestic abuse is the victim telling authorities it didn't really happen, and that many cases can't be prosecuted because of the lack of a willing victim to give evidence.

But nah, this letter, which was written after the couple had reconciled, couldn't possibly be that, could it?

But what about the other two incidents Marshall referenced? The one in the nightclub where video footage showed that Marshall was trying to protect his wife who has hit in the head with a bottle and bleeding everywhere. And the one where a woman accused Marshall of a rape but quickly recanted her accusation.

This is confirmation bias by Bernstein of the highest fucking order, and it's the entire fucking problem with ... well, with our whole goddam society today. No one gets a second chance. No one gets the opportunity for redemption. Everyone who does something wrong one time is saddled with that burden forever. Michael Vick is forever a dog killer, even though he paid his debt to society in jail and has stayed out of trouble since being released. Brandon Marshall is a "woman-beating POS" forever despite documented mental disorders which he's not only worked to overcome, but has also devoted time and energy to continuing the discussion on mental illness in this country.

But, no. We can't let these people move on. We've got to remind them of their shortcomings every fucking time.

Fuck that.

Last edited:

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just listening to Marshall now. He even says the letter isn't totally true and they did "treat each other terribly".

No, there was no abuse at all. Totally made up for money. And them coming forward with this right now has nothing to do with adding to the effort to expose the failure of the NFL deal with abuse cases in the light of several other cases coming into the limelight. Nope, it's nothing to do with that at all. Just a money grab attempt by these greedy whores.

FFS.

:obama:

It is a noteriety grab by Allred-that is for certain. And a shitty one at that. Like you said, there are "several" she coule jump on-and with the actual victims participating. Or maybe people realize that sh is full of shit.

nobull

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But what about the other two incidents Marshall referenced? The one in the nightclub where video footage showed that Marshall was trying to protect his wife who has hit in the head with a bottle and bleeding everywhere. And the one where a woman accused Marshall of a rape but quickly recanted her accusation.

This is confirmation bias by Bernstein of the highest fucking order, and it's the entire fucking problem with ... well, with our whole goddam society today. No one gets a second chance. No one gets the opportunity for redemption. Everyone who does something wrong one time is saddled with that burden forever. Michael Vick is forever a dog killer, even though he paid his debt to society in jail and has stayed out of trouble since being released. Brandon Marshall is a "woman-beating POS" forever despite documented mental disorders which he's not only worked to overcome, but has also devoted time and energy to continuing the discussion on mental illness in this country.

But, no. We can't let these people move on. We've got to remind them of their shortcomings every fucking time.

Fuck that.
Because there lives are public. I sure there are people here who have done things that they are ashamed of doing.

ZAN

Liked Posts:
The only certainty I have after reading this entire thread is that BearMick is a fucking moron who is rendered completely incapable of forming a rationalized thought or refutation without resorting to debate fallacy. He particularly likes the strawman...which happens to be a favorite of many idiots who are professional (internet) social workers/lawyers/doctors/scientists. No shock he idolizes Bernstein.

I have now been rendered dumber for having read his posts; and the only resolution/saving grace left for me is to hit the ignore button.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The only certainty I have after reading this entire thread is that BearMick is a fucking moron who is rendered completely incapable of forming a rationalized thought or refutation without resorting to debate fallacy. He particularly likes the strawman...which happens to be a favorite of many idiots who are professional (internet) social workers/lawyers/doctors/scientists. No shock he idolizes Bernstein.

I have now been rendered dumber for having read his posts; and the only resolution/saving grace left for me is to hit the ignore button.

Good for you. Go stick your head in the sand with the rest of the misogynist idiots and pretend your hero Marshall is a good guy, victimized by the money-grabbing of opportunistic whores, instead of the calculated, manipulative wife beater he is.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Good for you. Go stick your head in the sand with the rest of the misogynist idiots and pretend your hero Marshall is a good guy, victimized by the money-grabbing of opportunistic whores, instead of the calculated, manipulative wife beater he was.

ftfy

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Good for you. Go stick your head in the sand with the rest of the misogynist idiots and pretend your hero Marshall is a good guy, victimized by the money-grabbing of opportunistic whores, instead of the calculated, manipulative wife beater he is.
Not once have I heard you complain about the BM signing because of his well documented history, but bring in some attention whore lawyers and broadcasters to fan some flames and suddenly he is a "calculated, manipulative wife beater."

So either you are parroting the fake outrage of the aforementioned attention whores like a puppy dog barking at rustling leaves because the big dogs are doing the same or you have kept your contempt for BM bottled up as he has elevated your teams offense until a like minded group has cropped up, joining in to that "group think" you have previously ridiculed.

If you had ever mentioned your dislike for BM because of his past, prior to this rehashing of old news, at least your view point could be respected as consistent. At least it would be a genuine opinion, not just the cause célèbre.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

You're just as bad as the people you claim to be condemning. Your argument is just as one sided as theirs.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
N
If you had ever menioned your dislike for BM because of his past, prior to this rehashing of old news, at least your view point could be respected as consistent. At least it would be a genuine opinion, not just the cause célèbre.

I did, when he first came here. I was ridiculed and shouted by down by idiots who idolize sports figures just like I am now.

And ... once again (why not? Who doesn't love repeating themselves fifty times?), my entry into this conversation was to chime in against the assumption that this was a money-grab on the part of Marshall's ex-girlfriend, as opposed to what it's actually about - exposing the NFL's failure to deal with abuse.

I'm still waiting for someone to show me where money has been exchanged.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I did, when he first came here. I was ridiculed and shouted by down by idiots who idolize sports figures just like I am now.

And ... once again (why not? Who doesn't love repeating themselves fifty times?), my entry into this conversation was to chime in against the assumption that this was a money-grab on the part of Marshall's ex-girlfriend, as opposed to what it's actually about - exposing the NFL's failure to deal with abuse.

currency_exchange_currency_exchange_in_particular_us_paper_money_is_being_exchanged_for_frenc_7P2083.jpg

Federal-Reserve-Bank-of-Chicago.jpg

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Is this really a case of that though? He was disciplined by the NFL for this all those years ago. He was also found not guilty by the courts. Why is this a good case for Allred to bring up all these years later to "expose" the NFL? She could have easily just jumped on the Ray Rice situation, or the Greg Hardy, or hell even the Ray McDonald case. Not a case where the NFL disciplined a player who was found not guilty.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Now Mick, if Marshall's illness was made up by him, and him turning his life around, and becoming a pillar instead of a recidivist, was just him being calculated, then wouldn't he just have continued with his behavior? If a "wife beater" is what he IS, then he would still be bearing his wife.

BPD is a common result of people who suffered abuse as a child. Marshall was a wife beater, but since getting to the root of what his issues stemmed from, Brandon is striving to break that cycle of violence.

What I find funny, is that when a woman breaks a law, the first thing the general public asks, is "who did something to her, that made her do that?". They seldom ask that about a man. That is because people who see women as weaker, or as merely someone who is acted upon, and is only a victim to their circumstances are the true mysoginists, and not the people that they accuse of the same.

Your continual stance on Marshall is sad. You honestly don't believe in rehabilitation.

Last edited:

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Is this really a case of that though? He was disciplined by the NFL for this all those years ago. He was also found not guilty by the courts. Why is this a good case for Allred to bring up all these years later to "expose" the NFL? She could have easily just jumped on the Ray Rice situation, or the Greg Hardy, or hell even the Ray McDonald case. Not a case where the NFL disciplined a player who was found not guilty.

Because of the momentum that's been gained with these cases. It's the perfect time.

When you start from the standpoint of looking at all this as an effort to change that part of the culture within the league, as opposed to looking at it through the prism of assuming that the women are money-grabbing opportunists and abusive football players the victims, it all makes sense. Sadly that isn't happening, as many sports fans idolize their sports heroes more than they respect women.