Bulls make offer for Kevin Martin?

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well the ideal fit would probably be a 6'6" or 6'7" guy who could also be a lockdown defender. Basically the ideal fit is a prime Kobe...lol. But yeah given that that's not going to happen, Dragic is as good a pick as any...though idk how he is defensively. Haven't watched him enough. I don't think that really matters with Thibs though so I'd be down for Dragic.

Dragic is a slightly above average defender. He has quick feet so he can guard both guard positions. And he has nice athleticism to contest shots. He has had good defensive coaches (Popovich, Hornacek) so we know he's capable of being apart of a good team defensive system.

YFC

Liked Posts:
Well the ideal fit would probably be a 6'6" or 6'7" guy who could also be a lockdown defender. Basically the ideal fit is a prime Kobe...lol. But yeah given that that's not going to happen, Dragic is as good a pick as any...though idk how he is defensively. Haven't watched him enough. I don't think that really matters with Thibs though so I'd be down for Dragic.

Trevor Ariza, Danny Green and Klay Thompson are some of the swingmen that come close as ideal fits. Although their teams are not likely to let them go easily. GSW won't trade Thompson for Love. So... Keep dreaming homies.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trevor Ariza, Danny Green and Klay Thompson are some of the swingmen that come close as ideal fits. Although their teams are not likely to let them go easily. GSW won't trade Thompson for Love. So... Keep dreaming homies.

Trevor Ariza is a rich man's Jimmy Butler. Bulls need half-court offense. I don't think having two wings that can't create their own shot is really going to be a great gain. He would help in terms of being a capable three-point threat and additional transition scorer. I wouldn't use the word ideal, but that's me.

Taj for Dragic isn't out of the realm of possibility. The Suns need a decent PF. If Dragic gives any indication that he is not going to sign an extension, Phoenix might decide it'd be better to get something solid for him rather than nothing.

YFC

Liked Posts:
Trevor Ariza is a rich man's Jimmy Butler. Bulls need half-court offense. I don't think having two wings that can't create their own shot is really going to be a great gain. He would help in terms of being a capable three-point threat and additional transition scorer. I wouldn't use the word ideal, but that's me.

Taj for Dragic isn't out of the realm of possibility. The Suns need a decent PF. If Dragic gives any indication that he is not going to sign an extension, Phoenix might decide it'd be better to get something solid for him rather than nothing.

Come to the east, baby!

YFC

Liked Posts:

With Rose back, and Gasol/Noah in frontcourt, good wings are ''ideal''. Give them an open swingman, they will keep the offense rolling. If you are looking for someone off the bench, the bulls do need someone who can create shots.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Klay would be ideal. Danny Green...not as much, but he would still help. Ariza would be a Jimmy Butler clone at this point. Maybe a more consistent shooting Jimmy. Shot creation is key for "ideal fit" so Klay is the only one that fits.

YFC

Liked Posts:
Klay would be ideal. Danny Green...not as much, but he would still help. Ariza would be a Jimmy Butler clone at this point. Maybe a more consistent shooting Jimmy. Shot creation is key for "ideal fit" so Klay is the only one that fits.

Imo, the bulls don't have a creativity problem in the starting lineup with Rose, Gasol and Noah. We do need a Jordan Crawford off the bench, but he just left NBA for China.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
This isn't true. I believe RealGM and another Chicago site "Bait clicked" this...

Papa Wheelie

Liked Posts:
This isn't true. I believe RealGM and another Chicago site "Bait clicked" this...

What are you talking about? Bait clicked? I mentioned realgm cuz you allow so many trolls on this site that do nothing but stir up crap.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I think he means it's just a speculation story designed for click bait.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Imo, the bulls don't have a creativity problem in the starting lineup with Rose, Gasol and Noah. We do need a Jordan Crawford off the bench, but he just left NBA for China.
Whether it's in the starting lineup or off the bench, that creating ability is still needed down the stretch of games. As we've seen with Taj and Boozer, it's not about who starts, but who finishes that matters.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think I remember that argument from way back when.

All that aside, Martin is still an efficient scorer one way or another. And the ability to get to the line 9 times a game and make 90% of them is very helpful as well. I don't think anyone can say Martin is not efficient. But the most important thing is that he can make 3s at 40+% and create his own shot so for the Bulls' purposes, he's quite helpful.

Is Carmelo Anthony efficient?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Is Carmelo Anthony efficient?
He's definitely gotten more efficient as he's gotten better at 3pt shooting. I would say yes he is, but so efficient that it's worth noting like someone like Durant.