Bulls make offer for Kevin Martin?

Papa Wheelie

Liked Posts:
It appears Minn is looking at a sign and trade for Eric Bledsoe. I would think the reason for the Martin to Chicago rumor is Minn needs to either make a trade to clear some cap space for Bledsoe or they think the Bulls could be part of a three way deal to make cap room for him. What could change things would be if Minn needs the Bulls to be involved bad enough to sign and trade for Bledsoe they have to include a couple of draft picks along with Martin then he looks a little more tolerable.

Apparently the Suns want no part of a sign and trade.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Apparently the Suns want no part of a sign and trade.
Because Minnesota has no assets they want? Sorta confused as to why...Bledsoe seems to be in prime position to walk next offseason. Though I guess that assumes someone wants him, which hasn't been the case this offseason.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Please, please, please, please make it happen..........This is the missing piece......Please, please, please!

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Please, please, please, please make it happen..........This is the missing piece......Please, please, please!

its not happening

reports are saying it doesn't have any legs and is unlikely to happen

i think this is a offer that was maybe on the table at one point and was declined by one of the teams

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
its not happening

reports are saying it doesn't have any legs and is unlikely to happen

i think this is a offer that was maybe on the table at one point and was declined by one of the teams

I would think the Bulls, because Dunleavy is on a sweet heart contract, and Martin is locked up for 3 years and injury prone. Why the hell would WE be sending Snell and picks it should be them.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I would think the Bulls, because Dunleavy is on a sweet heart contract, and Martin is locked up for 3 years and injury prone. Why the hell would WE be sending Snell and picks it should be them.

Martin can score and get his own shot. Snell and a 2nd round pick are not worth much.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Martin isn't so bad a contract that they'd send draft picks in a salary dump. 7M for Martin may be a little bit over his market value given his injuries, but it's not ridiculous. Plus Martin is still a productive player...one of the most efficient scorers in the NBA by a long shot...he's way past his prime so he can still command an low level asset like Snell and a 2nd rounder (which really isn't a whole lot in the big picture as right now Snell is projecting to max out at Courtney Lee). Dunleavy's deal is a team friendly one, but it's also the easiest contract to move on the team so if you can get a significant upgrade, which Martin is, you do that deal.

Imo it would be Minnesota rejecting the deal since they don't really need wing players, but that's just my guess.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh, God. Let's not have that debate again. I remember having it like 5 years ago with a dude under the name Lefty.
lol Lefty...that's a throwback right there.

What debate? Scoring efficiency? I don't think that's a debate...Martin is hands down one of the most efficient scorers in the last decade. How can someone who shoots so many 3s get to the line so often? It's pretty crazy to think about. Idk...that's just my thought. That doesn't mean he's like the best scorer or anything like that, but he is the kind of player who can get 20 points on 7 shots which is a pretty good feat.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I hadn't thought about it like that because teams have started him since his Sacramento days. He was on championship caliber teams very early. But yeah....he would be helpful as a 6th man, .

Uh Kevin Martin has played 11 seasons in the NBA and has only made the playoffs twice playing a total of 17 playoff games and only starting 1.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Uh Kevin Martin has played 11 seasons in the NBA and has only made the playoffs twice playing a total of 17 playoff games and only starting 1.

There have been guys like this in the league like forever. Good players who play on bad teams.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Seems like a fools gold deal to me, Minny doesn't want Martin and his contract so they will be lucky to get a player like MDJ for him. If GarPax is smart they will take Snell out of it because he is a looking like a solid player who is a cheap asset. They don't owe the Twolves any freaking favors after the way they strung the bulls along.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol Lefty...that's a throwback right there.

What debate? Scoring efficiency? I don't think that's a debate...Martin is hands down one of the most efficient scorers in the last decade. How can someone who shoots so many 3s get to the line so often? It's pretty crazy to think about. Idk...that's just my thought. That doesn't mean he's like the best scorer or anything like that, but he is the kind of player who can get 20 points on 7 shots which is a pretty good feat.

Yeah, Lefty based his arguments on statistical analysis, but failed to put his biases aside about the importance of the stats he threw out there.

When a player attempts 6 shots and makes only 2 (both three-pointers), that player (33% FG%) is just as efficient scoring-wise as a player who also attempts 6 shots and makes 3 of them (all two-pointers).

An when you get to the free throw line 9 times per-game and make almost 90%, that doesn't hurt either.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, Lefty based his arguments on statistical analysis, but failed to put his biases aside about the importance of the stats he threw out there.

When a player attempts 6 shots and makes only 2 (both three-pointers), that player (33% FG%) is just as efficient scoring-wise as a player who also attempts 6 shots and makes 3 of them (all two-pointers).

An when you get to the free throw line 9 times per-game and make almost 90%, that doesn't hurt either.
I think I remember that argument from way back when.

All that aside, Martin is still an efficient scorer one way or another. And the ability to get to the line 9 times a game and make 90% of them is very helpful as well. I don't think anyone can say Martin is not efficient. But the most important thing is that he can make 3s at 40+% and create his own shot so for the Bulls' purposes, he's quite helpful.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think I remember that argument from way back when.

All that aside, Martin is still an efficient scorer one way or another. And the ability to get to the line 9 times a game and make 90% of them is very helpful as well. I don't think anyone can say Martin is not efficient. But the most important thing is that he can make 3s at 40+% and create his own shot so for the Bulls' purposes, he's quite helpful.

I think I'd trade away Taj Gibson for Kevin Martin if that option was presented for me. Then you can just have Nikola Mirotic take some of the minutes that Taj would've played at power forward.

I hope the Bulls look into the option of trading Taj mid-season for a guy like Eric Gordon or Goran Dragic (expiring contract).

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think I'd trade away Taj Gibson for Kevin Martin if that option was presented for me. Then you can just have Nikola Mirotic take some of the minutes that Taj would've played at power forward.

I hope the Bulls look into the option of trading Taj mid-season for a guy like Eric Gordon or Goran Dragic (expiring contract).
It's actually hilarious that a guy we all laughed at years ago in Dragic is now a guy who could help this team out quite a bit (not the ideal fit, but still).

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's actually hilarious that a guy we all laughed at years ago in Dragic is now a guy who could help this team out quite a bit (not the ideal fit, but still).

Dragic is as close to an ideal fit as you can imagine for the Bulls. Dragic and Bledsoe played off of each other in Phoenix. I, for one, can definitely imagine Dragic and Rose playing off of each other. Dragic plays like a point guard on offense and has the size on defense, at 6'4'', to guard shooting guards.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dragic is as close to an ideal fit as you can imagine for the Bulls. Dragic and Bledsoe played off of each other in Phoenix. I, for one, can definitely imagine Dragic and Rose playing off of each other. Dragic plays like a point guard on offense and has the size on defense, at 6'4'', to guard shooting guards.
Well the ideal fit would probably be a 6'6" or 6'7" guy who could also be a lockdown defender. Basically the ideal fit is a prime Kobe...lol. But yeah given that that's not going to happen, Dragic is as good a pick as any...though idk how he is defensively. Haven't watched him enough. I don't think that really matters with Thibs though so I'd be down for Dragic.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

basically you're saying dragic is a good hnirch