CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good to see Cam Barker invited to camp.

Met him when we had ST's. Great guy.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I'll try and post some tweets each day from the Hawks beat reporters. Here's some info from Mark Lazerus today:
Q said he thought Kris Versteeg looked great, and likes him in that third-line spot alongside Bickell and Shaw.

Quenneville also again sounded like a man who very much wanted a Brandon Mashinter-type player on his roster.

Q expects to have the bulk of roster cuts complete by the end of this coming week, which includes four games in six days.

Also, the top two lines of Sharp-Toews-Hossa and Saad-Richards-Kane reportedly looked awesome at practice today, as you'd expect. Can't wait to see them in a game together.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Also, get ready to take all of your disdain for Brandon Bollig and direct it toward Brandon Mashinter, who apparently will end up on the team, per those hints from Q.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Also, get ready to take all of your disdain for Brandon Bollig and direct it toward Brandon Mashinter, who apparently will end up on the team, per those hints from Q.

If Q thinks they need that type of player, I'm all for it. But just make sure the guy is that type of player. Bollig did nothing but collect paychecks and occasionally get his face in front of someone's fist. If this guy Mashinter is willing to go out there and run a guy or two and do some dirty work...I'm good with it.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
If Q thinks they need that type of player, I'm all for it. But just make sure the guy is that type of player. Bollig did nothing but collect paychecks and occasionally get his face in front of someone's fist. If this guy Mashinter is willing to go out there and run a guy or two and do some dirty work...I'm good with it.

He has to be better at actually playing hockey than Bollig was or he just slows the team down.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
As far as it goes, Bolig was the best at the role they've had since Burish/Eager ever did it. Carcillo was too hurt and dumb on ice to do it, and the sleuth of John Scotts and others weren't fit on ice in regular season games.

I say tell Morin to give up his top 6 dreams and become a weapon to use his true American grit on the 4th line.

Sent from my 20CDCTO1WW using Tapatalk

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
As far as it goes, Bolig was the best at the role they've had since Burish/Eager ever did it. Carcillo was too hurt and dumb on ice to do it, and the sleuth of John Scotts and others weren't fit on ice in regular season games.

I say tell Morin to give up his top 6 dreams and become a weapon to use his true American grit on the 4th line.

Sent from my 20CDCTO1WW using Tapatalk

My only issue with that would be that Morin is the only heir apparent for Sharp that's currently under control of the Blackhawks. His aim should be a lot higher.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My only issue with that would be that Morin is the only heir apparent for Sharp that's currently under control of the Blackhawks. His aim should be a lot higher.

Maybe not. I'm not sure if anyone is sure that TT will be an NHL center....he could end up on a wing.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Maybe not. I'm not sure if anyone is sure that TT will be an NHL center....he could end up on a wing.

I don't think TT projects to be the kind of player Sharp is though. Morin is more closer to that sniper role that Sharp has held for so long in Chicago.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
That 81 guy looked good. 88 too. I think we should look at moving 19 and 50 to the Kings for some real talent.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It sounds like the first 3 lines are set? Whats the fourth and the bench?

Kruger, Smith,.................Tuevo? and Smash Splinter(Mashinter)? Regin?

All I know is we run out of spots before we run out of players I am stoked on.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Tuevo assist yesterday was awesome. I don' t see how they keep him down in Rockford. He should be paired situationally on the 4th line with Mashinter, fire and ice.

That way Tuevo doesn't play too much for his young body, and Mashinter doesn't play too much for his shit hands. And you can use your 4th line extremely tacticly and keep switching it up who you match it up with to free up Tuevo or put some heat on the opponent with physcial threat of Mashinter.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
The Tuevo assist yesterday was awesome. I don' t see how they keep him down in Rockford. He should be paired situationally on the 4th line with Mashinter, fire and ice.

That way Tuevo doesn't play too much for his young body, and Mashinter doesn't play too much for his shit hands. And you can use your 4th line extremely tacticly and keep switching it up who you match it up with to free up Tuevo or put some heat on the opponent with physcial threat of Mashinter.

TT should be nowhere near the 4th line. Blackhawks will likely have him start in the AHL, play all situations, get top 6 minutes, get used to the NHL ice surface, and let him develop.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
TT should be nowhere near the 4th line. Blackhawks will likely have him start in the AHL, play all situations, get top 6 minutes, get used to the NHL ice surface, and let him develop.

Smith, Kruger, Morin

I wouldn't mind that at all. What are they going to do with Regin? At least we have center depth.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Teuvo not practicing today after taking a bit hit from Cam Barker yesterday. Severity not known but I believe he finished practice yesterday.

I'll be updating this thread a lot more beginning on Tuesday but I'm in the NY/NJ area til then for the Bears game. Keep this place going for me.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any updates on the defense corps? Considering one will probably go (Oduya, Leddy, or even Seabrook?) and how pertinent it is for the team's success, that's what I think should be the focus.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who is this Mashinter character and what is his deal? Anyone want to fill me in? Thanks in advance.

Tapatalk