Bears try out 14 and sign back Demontre Hurst to the 53

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears give tryout to son of Sox exec Ken Williams

Before the Chicago Bears made the decision to bring cornerback Demontre Hurst back to the 53-man roster, the team looked at many different options.

The Bears worked out 14 players at Halas Hall, most if not all believed to have been brought in Wednesday. They included wide receiver Kyle Williams, the son of White Sox vice president Ken Williams and a former member of the San Francisco 49ers and Kansas City Chiefs.

The club announced Thursday that Hurst, who made two special teams tackles in the season-opening loss to Buffalo but was then placed on waivers, has been re-signed. On Wednesday, the Bears signed tight end Blake Annen and cornerback Jordan Sullen to the practice squad. They were part of the tryout that also included defensive back Derrick Martin, who was with the club for seven games last season and made six tackles on special teams. Martin suffered a fractured collarbone in an accident earlier this year.

According to an NFL source, the tryout also involved veteran cornerback Derek Cox, who signed a $20 million, four-year deal with the Chargers in 2013 and lasted only one year. Cox received $10.125 million from San Diego for one rough season. Also involved was cornerback Brandon Ghee, a third-round pick of the Bengals in 2010.

Defensive backs Mike Harris, Kendall James and Brad Sorensen were in the tryout as were wide receivers Damian Williams, Lavelle Hawkins and Northwestern’s Rashad Lawrence. Tight ends David Paulson and Asa Watson also were part of the workout.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...on-white-sox-ken-williams-20140918-story.html

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hell the fuck no. We are trying to make special teams better right?

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
cool to see our FO is never satisfied. They always looking outside our organization

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Do the Bears have any PS DT's?

Some intriguing names on that list; but I'd rather the bears pass on fumble-itis Williams, who also has a concussion history.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do the Bears have any PS DT's?

Some intriguing names on that list; but I'd rather the bears pass on fumble-itis Williams, who also has a concussion history.

You know who they should look to bring back? Lee Pegues, that's freaking who.

mikeyk

Liked Posts:
You know who they should look to bring back? Lee Pegues, that's freaking who.

I'll let Lee know that you support him bro. He is currently working as the janitor in my office, so I'm sure he would love to get some love from a fan.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll let Lee know that you support him bro. He is currently working as the janitor in my office, so I'm sure he would love to get some love from a fan.

don't play with my emotions.

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Hurst was making plays in preseason and we need an extra CB that is familiar with our system. Happy about this because Hayden was awful.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hurst was making plays in preseason and we need an extra CB that is familiar with our system. Happy about this because Hayden was awful.

I hope Hayden gets signed and cut from 4 more teams this year.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
I wish they'd take a look at Mike Hawk. Strong, bold, daring and big enough to command a large part of the field, Mike Hawk is where it's at.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
He has to be better than Mike Sass

ZAN

Liked Posts:
" Tight ends David Paulson and Asa Watson also were part of the workout. "

His name is David Paulson.

You-Do-Not-Talk-About-Fight-Club.gif