IST: Cubs/Dodgers

chibears55

Liked Posts:
What going to happen Jackson this off season is sane thing they did with Zambrano and Soriano, they will find a team that will take him as 4/5 starter but only if cubs eat most of salary and take back a A ball player in return.

This way if he sucks again next yr.. team can release him and basically lose nothing

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Shit.. was hoping for a decent outing today from dubront

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Would suck for A. Gonzalez to lose 2 HRs and 5 RBIs if this game got called due to rain

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Unbelievable catch by puig.... soler scalded that ball

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Kinda game cubs could come back and win if they could just get a couple big hits...

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Coughlan trying to be a starter on this team next year. I may look to trade him depending on what they plan to do.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cubs Win! That was a great win! Ill give it to Ricky there is no quit in this team. Thats a damn good Dodgers team they just came back on when they are playing for nothing.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Great come back from the Cubs. Coghlan had a hell of a game. He might be worth keeping around a little longer, I hope.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Well the more you look at it the more it looks like they will need to add 2 SP this off season. Jackson they should push into Carlos V's long man role. Fuji they need to pull his 500 k opt out.

Bottom line is they need a legit #2 and #3 SP going into next year. I consider Hendricks middle of the rotation and Felix back of the rotation. Wind was blowing out and he was elevating his pitches. This was a bump and it doesn't change my opinion.

Wood on the other hand was lucky last year. His FIP was around 4 and his era was closer to 3. That was just luck going on. This year his walks were up and his ..FIP was near 4.25. Sure he had around 2 starts that looked like last year. Now the difference between him and Arrieta is Wood's FIP was league avg while his ERA was around 3. Arreta has a FIP around 2.30. That is TOR. His ERA is not due to luck. It is pretty legit.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Jackson has to go IMO. I don't think the front office is going to keep him around to throw him into a long relief role. Villanueva is gone too. There is more than enough back end guys for the Cubs to throw into that role. Jackson and Villanueva are what they are, they won't get better and at their cost, it isn't worth it. Yes, they will have to eat 90% of Jackson's deal but I don't think they want him around at all.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
They moved Sori and got the Yanks to take 6 mil of the deal. Z the Cubs had to float the whole bill regardless. Z was a problem. Sori was not. Both had value.

Jackson has been on a 2 year nose dive coming off a league avg career. He is owed 22 mil.

Ask your self this: Would you want him on your rotation next year? I highly doubt many teams would take him even if the Cubs paid the bill.

It is is me I would just take the loss and keep him on payroll and DFA him. His paycheck would come out of team payroll. Now I doubt Tommy will think the same way. He will try to get some of it taken on and last case is to the pen to at least get some value out of the paycheck.

Ricketts are cheap. That is my opinion of them. They will try to get something out of it. Paying him 22 mil to not play for the team I doubt that will go over well.